It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Types Of People.... Those That Stop At Stop Signs, And Those That Don't

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Whenever I see a stop sign I just floor it. Does this make me a bad person?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
good thread topic.

2 inputs:

I stop at signs/lights and come to a complete stop. The reason I do so is so that I don't get hit by some idiot coming the other way who doesn't. I also do it because it's the law. It's a rule. Simple as that.

Cyclists - they rarely adhere to the same rules we live by on the road. The ones I see riding on municipal roads, holding up traffic, running stop signs etc all for the sake of showing off their shiny toys and tight-fitting unis have become a vocal target for one of my friend's daughter. He has her trained to yell "Get Off the Road Armstrong!!" whenever they're driving around on a nice day and have the top down on their convertible

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What about the other 2 people, Those who roll their windows down in their car; and those who dont.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There are 2 types of scuba divers:

1. Those that pee in their wetsuits.
2. Those that lie about it.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

It is the theory of idiots and maniacs.
Anyone who drives slower than me is an idiot and anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac.
Simple.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Not at all. Good luck and Godspeed.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Anyone who drives slower than me is an idiot and anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac.
Simple.

Those who crash into my car are idiots but im a maniac fkr driving super fast. This thread is helping me miss driving my acura so bad!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Buster? Is that U?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Simple.

The true Theory of Relativity shown in motion!

"Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything."

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Depends what kind of "stop-sign" you're referring to

At least that's how I've been interpreting the thread

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think if your driving you should be able to determine when it is safe to proceed. I think all stop signs should be treated as a yield sign unless there is traffic. Obviously not every stop sign is put there to save your life. Its put there so people can think they're saving lives. Take for example around where I live, there is a completely pointless stop sign. I'm beginning to think, with the logic of that stop sign, there should be a stop sign at every driveway or pull in. Now you can imagine this, where you have to stop every 5-15 ft. If you can't make the determination of whether it is safe or not to proceed, then you simply shouldn't be driving. If I'm in the middle of the flat desert, and I come upon a 4 way stop sign, where I can see for miles in every direction, and I see no cars, Im not stopping, and there is no doubt in my mind, that any kind of accident will happen. A lot of people like to take shades of gray, and group them into two groups, black and white. But thats just not reality, there is always shades of gray. Some stop signs I stop at, because they make sense, the ones that don't, I blow right through.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Seriously, what do you expect from this duality??? There are always people stop at the stop sign and those that don't. No surprise there...I mean, what do you expect?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Seriously, what do you expect from this duality??? There are always people stop at the stop sign and those that don't. No surprise there...I mean, what do you expect?

Right so the ones that don't, won't stop even if they see a cop right? OR not??? If its the latter, then obviously it isn't just two types of people anymore. It isn't as black and white as people would like, in fact nothing is.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by ChiForce

Right so the ones that don't, won't stop even if they see a cop right? OR not??? If its the latter, then obviously it isn't just two types of people anymore.Text

Wisdom on a page! funny how threads are such a mish-mash of people thinking as hard as they can about the OP, people makin easy jokes about the OP, and people stayin simplistic. But we're all kind of intelligent idiots right?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Stop sigh up ahead, am I making a left or a right or straight?

If I'm making a left I will always come to a full stop. The only exception is in my own neighborhood where I can see traffic from before the stop sign, then rolling stop.

If I'm going straight I will always come to a full stop.The only exception is in my own neighborhood where I can see traffic from before the stop sign, then rolling stop.

If I'm making a right, provided I can see the roadway I'm turning onto from before the sign, it will usually be a rolling stop, if I can safely turn onto the road in time. If I can see traffic coming, or I can't see the roadway I'm turning onto at all, I will full stop if I'm in an unfamiliar area, a familiar area is a rolling stop while checking for oncoming traffic.

Typically, anywhere its dangerous to not fully stop is where there is a traffic light dictating flow. Stop signs are mostly used around neighborhoods where traffic shouldn't be moving at fatal crash speeds anyway. While I recognize that going through any stop sign may be considered irresponsible, it's about how much information you have on the safety of whatever you need to do at said intersection.

A friend of mine once categorized my driving as neither offensive nor defensive, but as effective.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Smokers and nonsmokers. That's how I dice up the human race.

Smokers = casual to sloppy

Nonsmokers = fastidious to anal retentive

Occasional smokers are a class unto themselves and are generally more free-spirited and self-indulgently focused.

Smokers and nonsmokers should never marry. If they do, it ends up being a Felix Unger - Oscar Madison relationship, because each will eventually pull to their extreme characteristic expression in reaction to the "sins" of the other. It's gotten worse since nonsmokers have begun banishing smokers to the patio/deck of their own homes to smoke their cigarettes. Yes, it saves the carpet, the drapes, and especially the health of the kids and pets, but it's a sure fire way to begin the retreat to extreme corners for both spouses.

Just my own observations from the last 20 years or so.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I do what is known as the "rolling stop." lol

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth
I do what is known as the "rolling stop." lol

Everyone does, it makes sense, because in your mind, your like why am I stopping theres no cars, I can see that it is perfectly safe to proceed, but apparently they think we're more stupid than that. I say if you can't figure it out, you can't drive, there are way too many stupid drivers out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join