It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix is nearer than we think

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Is the matrix here or just down the road, well it could be sooner than you think ( for chickens anyway)

How sick is this stuff: whose next US?

www.wired.co.uk...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/17/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wow..... I recall watching the movie Coma as a little kid and it stuck with me for a long time. They can just keep their chickens if this system comes out of the prototype stage and into actual use. How they raise them now may be crappy and in more ways than one...
However, there is something about that whole concept that goes beyond bad. It's not even just creepy. It's friggen evil. No No ..and No one more time. Oh goodness NO!

I rather the price go up until people buy less of it and things settle into a price range that supports the raising that needs to be done..but there have GOT to be limits. Some limits at some point.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
first off - [ re the chicken farming ] i would like to see the costing analysis for this - it may be possible - but is it ecconomical ???

next - the " matrix " is an implausible fantasy

the only possible motive to expand the chicken farm to humans would be to grow clones for transplantable organ harvesting

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
For the people who wish to read about it in the thread, as opposed to clicking the link:

ord goes a step further and proposes a "Headless Chicken Solution". This would involve removing the cerebral cortex of the chicken to inhibit its sensory perceptions so that it could be produced in more densely-packed conditions without the associated distress. The brain stem for the chicken would be kept intact so that the homeostatic functions continue to operate, allowing it to grow.

Ford proposes this solution for two reasons: to meet the rising demand for meat, particularly poultry, and to improve the welfare of the chickens by desensitising them to the unpleasant reality of their existence.

After this "desensitisation", the chickens could then be stacked into huge urban farms with around 1,000 chickens hooked up to each large vertical frames -- a little like the network of pods the humans are connected to in The Matrix.

Source Article

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The horrifying reality of how close to the edge humanity is...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
W.......T........F.........I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

Reducing an animal's suffering = great idea.
Reducing an animal to a brainless sack of organs = bad idea.

The designer's intentions are in the right place as factory farms are hell on earth, but this concept seems very disturbing none-the less.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

And we're next, if they (whoever they are) think like this, they are twisted beyond sick.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wouldn't the logical thing to do would to improve the chickens conditions in factory farms?

There are free range chicken farms, corporate greed for profits is the only thing that keeps the torturing of chickens until death going.

I hate the Earth sometimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
perfectly normal !

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It makes that supposed KFC hoax of a few years back not so crazy now.

This is sick and the people involved in this research are sub-human. Yup, the near future is looking less rosy every day. I for one think a pill should be made for humans (ala Jetsons)

Just pop a pill and all of your daily nutrutional needs are met. Not this type of sci-fi nightmare to feed the human race.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by outerlimits
Is the matrix here or just down the road, well it could be sooner than you think ( for chickens anyway)

How sick is this stuff: whose next US?

www.wired.co.uk...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/17/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

Hi,

S&f! Nice find. Reminds me of the sci-fi novel where they grow a MASSIVE lump of giant living growing chicken flesh and carve bits off when needed!

I've tried vegetarianism but its goddamn awful. Maybe the day will soon come when star trek food replicators are invented that make perfect chicken from atoms that don't depend on a creature dying! They probably already have them on the quiet!

I've got BAD news for you THE MATRIX IS ALREADY HERE! WE ARE IN IT NOW! EVERYONE/ALL WILL SOON UNPLUG FROM THE MATRIX! HOW DO I KNOW? COS I UNPLUGGED MYSELF 10 YEARS AGO!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
We are what we eat.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What, did i get it right?! They want to remove chickens legs and head producing only the body! But how can chickens survive without a head? How is this possible? It's certainly is the horror what i imagined in future, but it's already coming! Shocking!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The depravity of this species knows no bounds. Absolutely disgusting. Why should we be allowed the birds and the bees when we don't even respect them. We are in for a facepalm of biblical proportions.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Many poeple doubt the matric,. but it lives i belivev me ,much

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is scary and disgusting.

Reminds me of the song "In the year 2525"

edit on 17-2-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Wouldn't the logical thing to do would to improve the chickens conditions in factory farms?

There are free range chicken farms, corporate greed for profits is the only thing that keeps the torturing of chickens until death going.

I hate the Earth sometimes.

Its the greedy corporations and the people that are in it that you should hate not earth besides this is f**ked up stuff, sooner or later this will be happening to us humans like it or not.
edit on 17-2-2012 by LOUDOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fichorka
What, did i get it right?! They want to remove chickens legs and head producing only the body! But how can chickens survive without a head? How is this possible? It's certainly is the horror what i imagined in future, but it's already coming! Shocking!

They will still have the brain stem which keeps the survival processes more or less intact.
There was a famous headless chicken that lived for months-years after having the head chopped off. Even with just the brain stem left and no head it was still able to limp/walk around.
en.wikipedia.org...

On September 10, 1945, farmer Lloyd Olsen of Fruita, Colorado, United States, had his mother-in-law around for supper and was sent out to the yard by his wife to bring back a chicken. Olsen chose a five-and-a-half-month-old cockerel named Mike. The axe missed the jugular vein, leaving one ear and most of the brain stem intact.[2][3] Despite Olsen's botched handiwork, Mike was still able to balance on a perch and walk clumsily; he even attempted to preen and crow, although he could do neither. After the bird did not die, a surprised Mr. Olsen decided to continue to care permanently for Mike, feeding him a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper; he was also fed small grains of corn. When used to his new and unusual center of mass, Mike could easily get himself to the highest perches without falling. His crowing, though, was less impressive and consisted of a gurgling sound made in his throat, leaving him unable to crow at dawn. Mike also spent his time preening and attempting to peck for food with his neck.

edit on 17-2-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Should consider throwing a few humans in there for good measure.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by outerlimits

It's all a matter of perception.

Everything is in the mind...there is no denying this. Our perception is our prison.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join