It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fake Videos and Hoaxes vs ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
What do these guys get out of it?

Sure the lulz... and the hits to give them that coveted youtube popularity... I hear that some channels actually get paid for a high hit count...

Then it occurred to me today that if one wanted to ensure LOTS of hits, all one has to do is get it posted on ATS.

After all with the millions of viewers that visit ATS any video is sure to get a fantastic hit count over night

Am I wrong?

It depends on what you call fantastic hit count.

I had two short vids done to show that a cam pointed at the sun can cause pixels to fail. The vids are not public and can only be viewed having the correct link. The hit count seen here is produced only by one post on ats, second page on a popular niburu thread. Indeed overnight.

Is that huge?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It works! I've seen it , possible 100k in two days! "Only on front page"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by zorgon

Money.I believe this is the answer to all our problems.
Apart from the reason about the youtube hits,i strongly believe that there is more to this than some bored kids having fun.
I mean that who ever is covering up the UFO phenomena(military,goverments etc),instead of making up a story everytime a good video or a picture pops up,they create all those hoaxes to ridicule the entire subject.When something real shows up they don't have to do anything.Everyone who is researching the subject will be more than sceptical,they will even try to debunk it.I think is a form of reverse psychology.

To be honest you have more chance of a sceptic finding something because we dont believe a ufo post as legit until we have had a look, now I am a sceptic but if I saw something that was the real deal I would back it to the hilt even if zorgon or prc posted it!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
It works! I've seen it , possible 100k in two days! "Only on front page"

Is that better than stars and flags?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
To be honest you have more chance of a sceptic finding something because we dont believe a ufo post as legit until we have had a look,

I would buy that... and despite what you might think I am skeptical about many things. I just use a different style when seeking answers. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical, but how can one find something if one is not looking?

Surely you don't expect to find anything looking at endless cgi, fakes and hoaxes... so why waste the time even responding? There are tons of military sites that you can find hints of really cool black ops projects that are real, albeit 'camouflaged' at times... there are literally THOUSANDS of documents at LPI talking about the state of the art of off world mining.... just a few examples

Isaac Koi found a source that has ALL the Project Blue Book files available now... he called for ATS members to help catalog and look through it for the good stuff... yet only a few even looked

Clifford Stone brought us tons of FOIA documents what ever became of him and all those files? I am sure they are buried here... somewhere

IgnoreTheFacts now there was a hard core debunker/skeptic
But you would be shocked to know what he really does for a living... odd thing is he was just about to tell it openly and POOF Last Visit: February 6, 2011

Hmmmmm

Yeah i know hours of digging through boring documents... and that means real work and dedication...
its easier to just have sport in the youtube section

edit on 17-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Sure the lulz... and the hits to give them that coveted youtube popularity... I hear that some channels actually get paid for a high hit count...
The most viewed videos can have ads associated with them, and if you have several videos with many hits you can become a partner and get money from the ads served along with your video(s).

Then it occurred to me today that if one wanted to ensure LOTS of hits, all one has to do is get it posted on ATS.
There's also the fact that if you want to show a video all you have to do is post it to YouTube.

Am I wrong?
I don't think you are wrong, but I think you are also missing the hidden industry behind it.

Some years ago I posted a video taken from a NASA site showing the famous tether incident, in this case the tether breaking and coiling back to its original shape. I received a communication from the supposed owners of the footage (ParanormalTV), asking me to remove the video or, in alternative, show their publicity on the same page. As they said "We are not requesting that this posting of armap1 be blocked, only that our underlying copyrighted material be monetized."

They also said:
"UFO Global Media LLC and Paranormal Media LLC own many properties - such as all of the Quest Publication documentaries related to "The Secret NASA Transmissions." Please feel free to Google the principals, Jeff Sagansky (former president of CBS, president of Sony, CEO of Paxton, and others) and writer/producer Mark Victor (Poltergeist and 18 other features)."
so I think that with this kind of people behind some of the "alternative" videos, we will be seeing hoaxes and dubious documentaries for a long time.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

well I see it as fraud. Intentionally trying to deceive another for monetary gain....and am pretty sick of it. Don't know who to trust anymore. Anonymity breeds psychos...I bet they sleep ok.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Zorgon, but this whole rant is just too hypocritical.

On one hand you're comparing yourself to persons like jkrogg and (in my mind) Rising Against, but you're doing it whilst mocking people's intelligence and
and

Problem is because they can't be debunked, they tend to fall off the page quickly because there is no argument, just a good presentation. And since ATS doesn't allow posts like "Cool thread star and flag
" and there is little to add or debunk, the thread just goes silent

We've all had threads that get ignored. It's not because of some debunking alliance that refuses to meet you in the field of combat ... IE I don't see you in my threads about images. Probably because it doesn't interest you. Furthermore my gender thread didn't have a single one of the usual trolls ... It was a longish well researched piece and people who are interested in writing thesis's don't normally post them on web boards.

The only threads that stay on top and get lots of attention are the fake and hoax ones that stay on top because debunkers spend page after page arguing with the believers

^ So this ... is not 100% correct. People enjoy material they can instantly recognise, and doesn't require two weeks of research. This applies equally to all subjects and all points of view. It's just the internet. Yet you want to blame it on the small proportion of ATS you define as 'debunkers'. Fake videos drop off the board every day. You would have to be blind not to see it.

It was a test I did, in challenge to another debunker who asked me why I never did a serious thread... then never showed up when I did

I get the impression you're doing a lot of these at the moment which is why I think it's masochistic. It's the equivolent of me making a CGI flying saucer then getting upset when people believe in it. You can't change the fact that some people like the UFO forum and like to look at UFO pictures.

Its funny that I never see YOU (and the other regular debunkers) making any positive contributions to threads like that... I guess its just easier trolling the youtube threads

And I never see you in my threads discussing photoshop. What's your point?

Yet... you were driven to come in anyway Why did I do it?

I actually came in because I saw your name, was interested in your point of view on the subject and expected something well written. I'll just be honest, at the moment I just see self indulgent agenda setting.

You might see it as making some ironic joke about 'debunkers' by flipping a yu-gi-oh trap card in this unending battle you have with them ... Frankly though the exact same logic applies to you. If you don't like it so much, why do you draw so much attention to it all the time? Why do a large percentage of your posts refer to people's posting and reading habits.

If they want to educate, then do so by setting examples not attacking with nasty comments. They could try creating threads to show their point

You seem to be referring to a very small subsection of the forum that you're fascinated with. To be honest, I could apply the same logic to you. Persons like Rising Against have made me look at JFK in a new light for example, since the person is always nice, calm, and well presented. A number of skeptics have contributed to the forum and created threads. Your lack of noticing says more about you than it does about them.

I simply find it a huge migraine to get to the second page of every one of these other threads to read the swamp gas meme, the complaining about militant debunkers, the NASA acronyms, and the rest. Has it ever occurred to you that the people you seem to strive to be like would never play hide and seek with information? Or
or
becoming defensive anytime someone disagrees with them?

I'm not sure ... you same to paint yourself as a hero fighting evil and to be honest that puts you in the exact same category as every debunker you seem to be complaining about.

I just ignore the militant skeptic the same way I ignore the swamp gas joke and the NASA acronym meme (which has started to border on propaganda). I think you're getting far too fixated on why people aren't paying attention to you/debunker troll bait.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I would take what is claimed about what the military has and does with a
VERYLARGE PINCH of salt

edit on 18-2-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't know how important any of those issues are.

Personally, I prefer to . . . in Mao's ultimately horrific terms . . .

Let a thousand flowers bloom.

I like to see all the puzzle pieces anyone cares to share. I can make up my own mind sufficiently and compare all the newer puzzle pieces with all the many on my shelves and tables.

And, frankly, if it's just lights in the sky--they don't interest me any more.

Far too soon for my comfort, they will be on the nightly news in sharp detail. I pray that day is greatly delayed. Life will never be the same again after that occurs. And it won't be for the better.

Hoaxers for whatever reason seem to be flattering themselves for whatever ego bent reasons. If they are that desperate . . . to spend all that time and energy on a hoax . . . I don't care if they get their 15 microseconds of pseudo-fame.

Usually, what they have to share is just not that interesting so I move quickly on.

FWIW.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think on YouTube if a poster hits over a million views they start getting about .02 dollars for every view after. So in reality a decent penny can be turned over for a crap hoax vid if it get viral.

Ultimately I think hoaxers, especially YouTube hoaxer do it to piss people off. It works too, Z, I have all but stopped researching new UFO vids on YouTube because of those ass holes. I meant their very nature, hoaxers are at the best disengenuous, and at worst out right, walking penises with ears.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

After all with the millions of viewers that visit ATS any video is sure to get a fantastic hit count over night

Am I wrong?

Well, ATS is a business, right? I would imagine the sheer amount of clicks such hoax videos bring here can't can't be bad for business. I mean, look at GLP, a little birdie told me they are now worth more than ATS, so it would appear that nonsense pays the bills much better than reason, logic and common sense does.

To put a conspiracy aspect to it, it may even be possible that some of the youtube videos that get posted here and the ats links that sometimes get posted into the youtube discussions are in fact made by ATS employees to drive click-throughs. Not likely, but still possible.
edit on 17-3-2012 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think most are misidentification and refusal to believe that something is identifiable over blatant hoaxes. Most want so badly to believe that when someone points out "its just a star" they dont want to hear it. I also believe there is a lot of "lazy" going around. People searching YT looking for something amazing and they do NO research on whether it has been posted, proved to be this or that or research into what is identifiable in the skies above us (stars, planets and satelites)

Lazy. Wishful. Denial. All hazards of the UFO topic.

I think the purposeful hoaxes are the minority....

at least that is what I see from my experience in the forum...
edit on March 17th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Someone just answer me this please.

When I get my fantastic genuine ufo footage on tape, where's the best place to put it so everyone can see it? (Assuming I can't find a buyer in the first 15 minutes.)

I'd have said youtube, but there's this rumour going around that if you shove your ufo footage on there, that's the first sign of a faker, 'cos nobody would put a real ufo on that site. Oh, wait, I read that on ATS, among other things.

If it's on youtube it's a fake
If it has music it's a fake
If the cameraman isn't screaming like f*ck it's a fake
If it's a fake it's a fake
if it's shaky footage it's faked
if it's steady, he's too calm, definitely a fake
if it's real it's a fake
if it's a cloud or a bird it's a ufo, or is it a fake?
if it's not caught on video then its deffo a fake cos you'd get your camera out if it was real, wouldn't you?
I've forgotten something.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Someone just answer me this please.

When I get my fantastic genuine ufo footage on tape, where's the best place to put it so everyone can see it? (Assuming I can't find a buyer in the first 15 minutes.)

I'd have said youtube, but there's this rumour going around that if you shove your ufo footage on there, that's the first sign of a faker, 'cos nobody would put a real ufo on that site. Oh, wait, I read that on ATS, among other things.

If it's on youtube it's a fake
If it has music it's a fake
If the cameraman isn't screaming like f*ck it's a fake
If it's a fake it's a fake
if it's shaky footage it's faked
if it's steady, he's too calm, definitely a fake
if it's real it's a fake
if it's a cloud or a bird it's a ufo, or is it a fake?
if it's not caught on video then its deffo a fake cos you'd get your camera out if it was real, wouldn't you?
I've forgotten something.

How about NOT looking for a buyer (really??? or are you joking?)
How about NOT adding music or text.
How about NOT uploading to YT first but contacting those in authority.
How about doing research to see what identifiable stuff was in the skies at the exact date and time before showing anyone. Use stellarium and sat trackers and flight trackers and get a layout of airports in the area and how planes fly and the lights on them and how they behave and so on......

There is a crap load of stuff one should do BEFORE uploading to YT and claiming it is a UFO. most crap is actually identifiable if one will use research tools.

Again, most of this stuff is MISIDENTIFIED and when analysis is done and something is identified the screams of name calling (shill! disinfo agent! and so on) and the "lalalalalalal im not listening to your reason and logic because my wishful thinking is RIGHT" happens...

edit on March 17th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Your trying to be sarcastic and make a point, I get that. But stop and think about it for a second. Obviously, if a video is on youtube doesn't mean it's fake, obviously if the video is set to music, is shaky, is still, etc none of that means it's fake at all.

Here's what we are looking for: A good video obviously, but I would take a mediocre video if it had the shear amount of ancillary evidence that accompanies it (like if it is over a city and there aren't 1000's of reports, then it was probably just an airplane, bug or a deliberate fake, etc).

We'll take crappy videos of something that can be backed up. And yes, well aware that means that there may be some videos out there that are 100% real, and due to the lack of ancillary evidence needed they will be overlooked. Not my fault the community itself has remained infested with ignorant folks who have made the signal to noise ratio so out of control.

The ufo community as a whole has been shooting themselves in the feet for decades. So much so that yes, we need more than video now. Well, the sad thing is thanks to the advancement of cgi and the large audience of ignorant viewers (accounting for all the non-cgi fakes), yes most UFO videos can be dismissed. The sad part is many videos are not fake, but something normal and mundane, the ignorance of the person taking the video and the large amount of "useful idiots" in this community will "have their back" so to speak.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I've heard a couple of stories where mediocre ufo footage swapped hands for a hefty sum of money. Of course I'd be serious about selling. But then again, I might be too excited and would want to show off straight away. I'd most likely telephone all my old ufo mates/researchers and gather them at my house for a viewing first, then I would end up putting it on youtube because I don't know any proper authority to hand my tape over to. They might make money that I could have had, or they might just lose it.

I would add music too, to hide my screaming unintelligible accent from y'all.

reply to post by MainLineThis

No, I was trying to be funny. It makes me laugh.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Zorgon,

While I don't agree with a lot of things you put forth (Moon structures, Secret Navy Fleet......be cool though.....I'm ex-navy myself.......), I do think you present quality threads, unlike many that I've seen. I still enjoy reading what you present.

However, like you said, after awhile a thread goes dormant (hey, at least ATS does not do l like most online forms, which is to lock a thread that get's bumped that is months, or even years old. NecroBumping I think it's called......uhm.......okay that might not be the correct term.......).
But that's natural. No new news. No new arguments. Or worse, it's a stalemate (Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't).

If you're bored, or want to educate people (I think it was pointed out that sometimes even when you point out something is a hoax, people still don't believe it), try doing the reverse:

Start posting Hoax Videos or Images, and then construct your post showing point by point WHY it's a hoax, or mistake. Make sure you clearly state that's your purpose in the thread title though.

You've spent so long trying to make people believe in things that are true, why not try educating people on things that even you know are hoaxes or mistakes?

Why not come over to the Dark Side for awhile? Hehehehehehe.

If nothing else, you'd be educating some people that don't know better.

What happened to your avatar mate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join