It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shut off dashboard cam to brutalize suspects, forgets to shut off his lapel mike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well that's good police work right there...

Seattle Arrest Questions Cops' Use of Dash Cams

Two friends who had planned to visit a Seattle sports bar claim they ended up being kicked, arrested at gunpoint and held in jail for several hours by a cop who said he intended to "make stuff up."

But key moments of the arrest that should have been captured on video are missing and it was unclear whether the officer intentionally neglected to turn on the dash cam. None of the released footage shows the officer in the moments he made the stop or kicked Lawson.

And of course, cops investigating cops...

The Seattle Police Department called Richardson's comment "banter" and the officer was exonerated of any wrongdoing after a use of force review was conducted, along with an investigation by the Seattle Police Department's Office of Professional Accountability.

I'm sure these guys just smashed their faces in the concrete to make the cops look bad... right?

And they had no reason to be arrested in the first place...

Lawson and Franklin, who are African-American, were arrested after a 911 call came in from a few blocks away alleging a man had been the victim of an assult and robbery. The two suspects were described as black males in their late twenties, tall, skinny and wearing jeans.

Franklin is 5-foot-9. Lawson, who is six feet tall. Instead of jeans, he was wearing white sweat pants.

"The only thing they had to fit the description was black males," said the pair's attorney, Lizanne Padula. "This was like a meteor dropping down on them."

Yet another police brutality story that will end up with no cops going to jail for their CRIMES.
edit on Fri Feb 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Karma, what a beast

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
Karma, what a beast
Thats not karma, he could have left the dashcam on and he still would have got away with it.
Karma will be when the people rise up and there aint enough riot police to stop them

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
Karma, what a beast

I'll agree with you when that cop gets thrown in jail for 2 charges of assault and 1 charge of conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Why are dash cams able to be turned off? I'm becoming more and more desensitized to these stories unfortunately, its every other day that some officer is stepping out of line, and unfortunately - getting away with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Aside from the possible brutality and other issues, and strictly addressing the verbal exchange (only three lines of which were played in the news broadcast), the "Yeah, I'm gonna make stuff up" comment could easily have been what they've termed "banter." Most likely sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
What a surprise another cop being a disgusting dolt, one of the reasons my uncle quit the force.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
its very interesting! have you guys heard of all the cop shootings here in the last few years? I am in NO WAY agree with any violence towards cops but, maybe something is REALLY going on here....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
They just in another case determined that if a cop says "I'm gonna make stuff up" it's not a violation. Pretty incredible. PINAC has rest of the story. It happened in Seattle.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Back in my old home state there was a trasnplanted cop who did this kind of stuff routinely, thinking he could egt away with brutalizing country folk until someone attacked him with a some kind of machete or sword during his morning jog

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

THAT is karma.

If the ``justice`` system won't do anything about a criminal, I sure won't cry when someone is gonna get payback by himself.

If the government goons were afraid of being offed if they crossed the average guy too much, things would sure be different.

We need some wild west justice around since ``civilized`` justice ain't doing the job.

top topics

join