It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE agent reportedly opens fire at federal building in California, killing one agent, injuring secon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

ICE agent reportedly opens fire at federal building in California, killing one agent, injuring second

www.foxnews.com

An agent with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, shot two colleagues Thursday evening, killing one, at a federal building in Southern California, local news outlets report.

Multiple media outlets report that the gunman also is dead, though it wasn't immediately clear who fired the shot that killed the gunman.

The deadly incident came after the gunman clashed with his superior officer, police told the Los Angeles Times.

The aggrieved officer opened fire at his supervisor -- and when another agent tried to intervene, more shots were fired.

ICE issued a statement Thurs
(visit the link for the full news article)

NOTE: Headline has been changed on Fox's site now to:
Sources say gunman dead after ICE agent opens fire at federal building in California
edit on 16/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Seems 2 Dead one in hospital. There isn't a lot of information otherwise.

The shooter is dead as well.

Note: I could not find this in a search and it just poped up on Fox's website.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ummm.... The Federal Agent went Postal?!

Are we now saying that I don't just have to worry about law enforcement abusing me when they mean to and are fully in control of their mental state, but I have to worry about them just going ape and blowing everyone away now too???

Goodness... I just don't know what to say to that except that when one thinks it can't get any worse, never fear...it's going to in the very near future.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Exactly how I felt. I mean did he not like the martial law plan, or was he going to have to turn in his badge? Seems the stress is getting to the Law Enforcement now. Will have to wait to find out what really happened.

Or should I say, 'The Official Story'?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Have they found an Iranian Passport on him yet?

Sarcasm aside, not many details yet

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

"One of the agents died at the scene. The second agent was transported to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition," the statement said. "The names of the agents are not being released pending notification of the next of kin."

The one agent that lived may not even know what the argument was about. He was shot in the stomach and I can tell you from personal experience, he is going to be in surgery and possibly additional surgeries , so we may not get much more information till late today or even Sunday.

The shooting occurred around 5:30 p.m. local time, ICE said. Local police responded to reports of shots fired on the seventh floor.

Local police having to rescue the feds. Now that is a story in itself.

edit on 16/2/12 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Now that's a good one. Sounds like the Iranian got away! All joking aside, I wonder how they will twist this into needing more security. How can we be safe when they are shooting their own collegues?

edit on 16/2/12 by spirit_horse because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just to note that the story title has changed to:

Sources say gunman dead after ICE agent opens fire at federal building in California

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm starting to see why people go ballistic and just starting shooting people. Yuh, look at the way this world in general treats one another. Whether it be family, bosses, coworkers, or whatever. Probably got suspended or fired from his supervisor, then went ballistic about it. What else is new?

Everyone has feelings, and when you treat them like dirt or you don't treat them as equal to one another, then this is what happens.

Just goes to show what this world is becoming...
A never ending racism issue
A never ending family rivalry issue
A never ending of badgering
A never ending of always getting scolded

I mean really, who the hell would want to live in this world? Can't wait for the aliens to kick all our butts. We definitely need a good arse whooping.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What more can they do for security? I'm thinking about this too...and short of banning their guns from inside the building too, what else is there? That is a totally absurd idea..so ... yikes!

Seriously, I'm thinking I really want to hear more about what tripped his trigger this last time and what led to it. How much built into a moment where a Fed would not only shoot someone, but a fellow agent (a couple times over) and in such a way as to absolutely end his own life as he's ever known it. I mean, even if he survived, he wasn't seeing free air again.

In having a moment to think more on it...and depending entirely on how the above plays out for details...My first impression is that psych screening (or lack of it) and the need to fill slots within the ranks of a growing gov't may be letting in some dangerous elements.

........Of course we have people posting here of 1st hand experience with bad cops who knew that a long time ago I suppose.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Now that's a good one. Sounds like the Iranian got away! All joking aside, I wonder how they will twist this into needing more security. How can we be safe wheb they are shooting their own collegues?

As The Quote Goes,

No Crisis Should Go To Waste

I'm sure as further details emerge, we shall see how this will be spun

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I once talked to an Internal Affairs officer with the state police about arresting officers. He told me they call them in for an administrative task or something they normally come in for and have an arrest team waiting on them because, and his words, "If they know they are going to be arrested they will shoot it out with fellow officers." I was a little shocked at that, but an officer knows first hand what prison is all about.

He may have been facing suspension or worse and his superior thought he could just handle it quietly in the office. Guess they may need to rethink that if that is the case. I would think they had SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for that.

edit on 17/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What more can they do for security? I'm thinking about this too...and short of banning their guns from inside the building too, what else is there? That is a totally absurd idea..so ... yikes!

There is nothing anyone can do. There will never be a safe world, and constantly ratcheting down in the name of security won't resolve the problem, not to mention it targets the wrong people. We must accept that there is risk of danger in everything.

I would prefer to live my life accepting the risk than cower in the corner out of paranoia. At least if I die, I did it standing upright.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Doesn't look like the SOP worked.

Depending on how long this guy has had his position, he probably didn't want to give up his baby (The Gun), and obviously didn't like his supervisors responses or he wouldn't gotten shot.

Need to know why he was called into the office in the first place to figure out what set him off.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I would prefer to live my life accepting the risk than cower in the corner out of paranoia. At least if I die, I did it standing upright.

I feel the same as you do. There are those that want guns taken from civilians, but the police will be the first to tell you that they can't be there to defend you in the time of need. It takes time to respond usually.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The agent must have been a 'Zionist' if this report is coming out of the MSM. o.O

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Tragic.

People have problems...all sorts of problems...and they reach their own personal boiling points and sometimes bad things happen. No sense in speculating at this point, is there?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
No sense in speculating at this point, is there?

No, all the guessing in the world won't explain what happened.

It appears the Federal building was in Long Beach, Ca.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The Glenn M. Anderson Federal Building is located in downtown Long Beach and houses ICE offices, among other agencies, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Now I am willing to bet that this ICE agent is not going to be called a Terrorist by the federal government. If this had been any civilian, he/she would be labeled a terrorist. Well, lets just say odds are in favor they would be remembered as a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

There is nothing anyone can do. There will never be a safe world, and constantly ratcheting down in the name of security won't resolve the problem, not to mention it targets the wrong people. We must accept that there is risk of danger in everything.

I agree completely and why I pretty well said that whole idea is absurd. It's the requirements and psych issue that bothers me. Not for the first time, I point to the whole different kind of people who they actively recruit and what they let slide or don't check these days compared to past times... I wonder if that isn't really the thing to look at in the general context of the bad cops these days and perhaps, this instance in particular. The guy was a cornered animal or had a screw loose...and it's hard to see how else it's hard to see the actions in any other light?

Details though.. so much we don't know and it could be as simple as a Supervisor very stupidly trying to handle a real big issue quietly, as another poster noted. The wrong thing for all the right reasons.. who knows quite yet.

edit on 17-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join