It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a church's role in healthcare dangerous and inappropriate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by korathin
Then don't go to a Catholic Hospital. I am beginning to understand why the early Church showed little tolerance to atheist's and secularist's. Bunch of sick, compulsive control freaks if you ask me.

How exactly is it a Catholic hospital?

Please explain this to me.

Let's see:

The Catholic Church raised the funds to build it.
The Catholic Church hired the construction firm to build it.
The Catholic Church owns the Hospital.
The Catholic Church actively runs the Hospital as a Catholic Hospital.

I wish secularist's would just form their own communities. People who try to force their way onto others just ticks me off. If a person isn't welcome somewhere they should relocate to some place else.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

May I add a couple of things to your post?

A Catholic hospital has religious symbols all over the place.
They also usually have a priest on hand.
There is a chapel, blessed and dedicated, for celebrating Mass.
They are bound to follow Church policy on such things as contraception and end of life issues.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply actually. I am always eager to hear about issues that effect men. Not knowing much about male contraceptives I did come across this sight malecontraceptives.org... which is an advocacy sight for men and contraceptive use. It is noteworthy that they do believe that the contraceptive world is unfair to men due to stereotypes.

edit on 19-2-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A press release from Catholics themselves on the issue , non-religious /other religious aren't the only ones on the other side of the debate.

This morning, we heard the bald-faced lies that are being presented to the public by those pretending that the issue of insurance coverage for family planning impinges on religious liberty. In their arguments, they accuse the Obama administration of infringing on their freedom of religion and conscience, but miraculously retain the right to deny freedom of religion and conscience for those with whom they disagree. Rather than securing religious liberty for all, they seek special treatment for themselves. The hearing was full of misleading, unbalanced and inaccurate information from politically motivated ideologues who want to dictate to women when and how many children they should have.” Mr. O’Brien, who testified before Congress last November on this very subject, pointed out that “the problem is that those who oppose family planning don’t respect the consciences of the 98 percent of sexually active Catholic women who have used a form of birth control banned by the Vatican.

www.catholicsforchoice.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't believe any hospital or medical team should be Church or Religious Affiliated. Ever.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dear Unity_99,

It's been a long time since we've talked, but your post really got my eye. Why would you not ever want to have a Church related medical team? Certainly, they'd take out your appendix in the same way. If you were in a life threatening situation, you'd be treated with the first consideration being your life. (Yes, a Catholic hospital would even perform an abortion in situations like that.)

Could you give me, oh, maybe three situations where you wouldn't want a Church medical team? That will help me understand you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
Why is the Catholic church so involved in setting up hospitals?

That's what I want to know.

Why the proliferation of Catholic hospitals?

I guess if every hospital around you bans contraception, abortion, vasectomies in accordance to the Catholic Church doctrines then alot of ppl would be in a real pickle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join