It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine GOP releasing new caucus numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
www.fox19.com...
video in the link

I am just watcing this now but judging from bens facebook things do seem like the state could switch over
we will have to wait till satuday for official numbers and results i guess but some more recent outcomes are covered in this report

sory m internet is getting crappy right now for some reason and am having trouble loadng this video myself

does anybody know how many delegates Maine has?

edit on 16-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

I don't think this contest was for any/many. Not sure, but I have seen the news say it wasn't for anything. They haven't gotten many things right though. It is most important though because it was Paul's game changer and Mitt wanted it as a redemption after Santorum took several states (in name only).

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

i realize these are only staw polls and not actually important in terms of numbers but it seems to me that Maine is a big state, it must have a good amount of delegates designated to it. the way things have been turning out maybe it wouldnt have mattered if the good doctor won anyways cause it seems most delegates will vote for him anyways from what i understand

that said it is still important if the good doctor is declared winner of Maine because he also needs the spotlight. also romney has won more than enough states now already

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just a couple of quick thoughts. They said (in the video) that Romney won it 39%-36%, 194 votes difference. There might have been about 5500 votes cast. That makes Maine small potatoes. Besides, Maine is a straw poll, no delegates awarded.

In the video they mention a change to two counties. Those changes meant an increase of 92 votes for Paul and 55 for Romney. Paul gained 37 votes changing the spread between them to 157 votes. But, as was pointed out, there is more voting to be done over the weekend, so who knows?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey, this is being talked about in this thread. take a look, there is some good stuff here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-2-2012 by theirtruthlies0806 because: mis post

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

for now the margin only decreased getting ron paul another 30-40 votes closer but he also said there were many counties that had blank reports that will also be reviewed. apparently one of the counties that was not even originally considered was ron pauls biggest victory in a county in 2008 with 100 or so votes ahead of anyone so i wouldnt be surprised if ron paul takes it when all votes are in

again i realize maine is just for show but they still get delegates later on. how many delegates to get get when they do have the convention to vote? iowa had what 27 total delegates? i dont think they even had 5000 votes unless my memory isnt working

and ive already seen that other thread, thanks theirtruthlies it is another interesting one but this news article and video is the most recent and i believe more informative

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

Maine has actually become important because it was supposed to be Romney's return to winning states. It is important to Paul because it would be his first win. They do have delegates, but those aren't awarded until later in the spring.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
www.fox19.com...
video in the link

I am just watcing this now but judging from bens facebook things do seem like the state could switch over
we will have to wait till satuday for official numbers and results i guess but some more recent outcomes are covered in this report

sory m internet is getting crappy right now for some reason and am having trouble loadng this video myself

does anybody know how many delegates Maine has?

I believe we have 24 delegates.

top topics

join