It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Produced Robot Bees On The Way. Will They Have A Sting In The Tail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Link To News Item

Harvard Scientist have figured out how to mass produce robot bees on sheets of metal. The article focuses on bees only but I imagine robot insects would be more likely......it seems to me as though the ability to produce technology is way out of balance with human maturity. You can imagine how good these things would be at keeping an 'eye' on things. I hope someone somewhere will figure out how to build an EMP that will target only these devices without destroying the devices we need.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It also won't work, as far as ecological maintenance is concerned.

Science refuses to acknowledge that the environment has an etheric element. Bees don't just pollinate in a physically quantifiable manner; there are harmonic issues as well. Google what the sound frequency of the Sun is, and then go and get some recordings of cicadas/crickets etc, and then tell me they aren't similar.

Nature evolves for multiple applications of a single organism or element. Science and industry generally focus on one at a time. Industrial processes aim for a single metric (say, eggs or fattened chickens for meat) while ignoring the rest...such as the health of the animals, the hygiene of the facility, etc.

If we do not overcome our ignorance in this regard, then what we do not know will kill us.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When does a toy become a robot?

Theres no control of even a hint that it can fly. So isnt this a toy?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Basically.

It's more of a way to show-off more advanced small-scale construction methods than it is, anything else.

The "bee" is a bit of a hyperbole, as their mass production solution will be very useful in coming generations of personal computer devices (cell phones, tablets, etc). Their ability to combine multiple different materials and arrange them in a given 3d structure makes a lot of things practical for the open market (as opposed to expensive, limited custom runs).

But people don't really understand that unless they are in the industry. They just want to hear about how we can make R/C bees out of tin foil and lasers.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Interesting link. I believe this is just to show of the current advancements in robot technology.

You ask if they will have a stinger in your title, which is a possibility in the future. Other than being used as a spydrone in future wars. It may also get a stinger with a biological weapon that can spread or a dealy poison used for executions on individuals (type 2 drone-murderers?).

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Google what the sound frequency of the Sun is, and then go and get some recordings of cicadas/crickets etc, and then tell me they aren't similar.

The sound frequency of Earth sounds like birds, its very cool I think.

I agree they won't work at all, bees also are unfortunately not the only pollenators. I just hope we don't screw up like in places in China and have to hand pollenate.

Funny thing is I'm currently working on a mutant/anti-GMO painting right now with a robot bee in it.

top topics

join