It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should it be legal to kill pet cats roaming around the neighbourhood?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Simple, if you can't leash a cat, keep them in your house! If it's against the law for dogs to roam unleashed than it doesn't give a cat owner the right to let their cats roam. Cats by their very nature are prowling predators.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

So you're blaming the cat for your dog running into the road?

As to cats deifications, they cover their crap up. It doesn't need to be cleaned. Unlike the stupider species that we choose to keep.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So you're blaming the cat for your dog running into the road?

As to cats deifications, they cover their crap up. It doesn't need to be cleaned. Unlike the stupider species that we choose to keep.

Your really calling a cat smarter then a dog because it covers its poo?

Not all cats do that anyway

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Nope, not the only reason but that's one.

Yes, they do.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by TheCommentator

It shouldn't be illegal. Immoral, yes. Illegal, no.
The moral part comes from protecting your property and your nations native animals

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Nope, not the only reason but that's one.

Yes, they do.
C'mon we all know dogs are smarter than cats.
And no they seriously don’t I see plenty of cat poo not covered up

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

if you can't leash a cat, keep them in your house! If it's against the law for dogs to roam unleashed than it doesn't give a cat owner the right to let their cats roam.

but cats dont attack people and crap in playparks (yes i know your dog would never do this). where as i cant see any problems with cats roaming free.
silly thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

if you can't leash a cat, keep them in your house! If it's against the law for dogs to roam unleashed than it doesn't give a cat owner the right to let their cats roam.

but cats dont attack people and crap in playparks (yes i know your dog would never do this). where as i cant see any problems with cats roaming free.
silly thread.

The point is that they attack native wildlife, which happens to be just as important as any person if you understand ecology.
Why is a cat the only pet in the entire world where owners do not want to keep it safe and stop it from harming other animals?
Your clearly ignorant if you can’t see problems with cats roaming free

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

silly thread.

The point is that they attack native wildlife, which happens to be just as important as any person if you understand ecology.
Why is a cat the only pet in the entire world where owners do not want to keep it safe and stop it from harming other animals?
Your clearly ignorant if you can’t see problems with cats roaming free

I guess it boils down to the personality of people being owned by cats .... You can't expect the people that are being owned by a god (the cat), to think rationally, can you ?

Cats are very selective, they would never choose a person to "own" them, that are critical of cats....
edit on 17/2/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Keeping a cat confined indoors all the time is animal abuse. It goes against a cats nature and can lead to depression in cats.My cat spends most of her time indoors but spends part of the day outside. Cats need to be outdoors regularly. If I ever tried to keep her indoors she would squirm beneath my legs any time the door was open.. I would be trapped indoors. Cats don't hurt anyone when they are out doors, in fact they will run, where as a dog is likely to attack, get into garbage ect.
reply to post by calstorm

So keeping any animal confined to a home is animal abuse? So if you own a pet ferret, a guinea pig, a snake, a lizard, a bird or even a dog your abusing them? Shouldn't these animals also be allowed outside regularly? So why are these animals any different than a cat?

Not all dogs are aggressive and don't ignore the fact that some cats can also be mean and aggressive. Dogs are the only animal that get into garbage? I've had my garbage strewn on my lawn by cats scratching though the bag to get after left over food.

Lets get this straight, I'm not for killing cats let alone any living thing. But people do not have the right to let their pets climb on awnings, pull down bird houses, causing their own pets to get aggravated, getting into their trash, scratching wooden fence posts or causing disturbances. People's personal property like their home and yards shouldn't have free reign by any pet, dogs included.

Take control of your own cat and don't let your pet use my yard as a place to cause damage or disturb my pet or my privacy. Stop giving excuses on why cats need to roam on personal property. It's wrong and it's a lack of consideration on the owners part.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I don't know where you live dude but where I do that damage comes from:

Bird houses = squirrels

Lawn trash = coons.

Lawn doodoo = dogs.

If it isn't you cat chances are 9.9 times out of 10 that it wants nothing to do with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
All this arguing over cats and dogs using Australia as an excuse. Well guess what Australia, cats are not native here in the US either and populations are fine. So you have a special kangaroo mouse. It's still just a mouse with pouch. A rat is a rat but I smell a happy little troll dominating his bridge known as the OP...moving on.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Darkchemistry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
All this arguing over cats and dogs using Australia as an excuse. Well guess what Australia, cats are not native here in the US either and populations are fine. So you have a special kangaroo mouse. It's still just a mouse with pouch. A rat is a rat but I smell a happy little troll dominating his bridge known as the OP...moving on.

This would be a good argument if native species wernt actually being threatened by cats in Australia

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

]This would be a good argument if native species wernt actually being threatened by cats in Australia

Which native species are cats killing off?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

]This would be a good argument if native species wernt actually being threatened by cats in Australia

Which native species are cats killing off?

Well it’s important to note that they do this all over the world.
But in Australia they have wiped some koala populations to near extinction, wombats, small wallabies, countless bird species, reptiles including snakes and lizards, some species of possums, native rodents.. I’m sure the list goes on.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Busted...Wombat are 4 feet in length size of Koala 3 feet, are we talking about mountain lions or house cats? Back under the bridge!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Busted...Wombat are 4 feet in length size of Koala 3 feet, are we talking about mountain lions or house cats? Back under the bridge!
They are also defenceless,
cats are well known to attack womats and koalas

ETA:
Haha I just realised what you said, Wombats are not 4 feet long and Koalas are not 3 feet
edit on 17-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Last time I reply unless as the UFO guys say links and pictures or it didn't happen. Stop making stuff up Wombats and Koalas are mean...and keep their young in guess what a pouch...I have heard about the kangroo mouse being threatened years ago but its a mouse with no real value in the eco system, other than its a mouse with a pouch whoopty doo!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Last time I reply unless as the UFO guys say links and pictures or it didn't happen. Stop making stuff up Wombats and Koalas are mean...and keep their young in guess what a pouch...I have heard about the kangroo mouse being threatened years ago but its a mouse with no real value in the eco system, other than its a mouse with a pouch whoopty doo!

Have you ever seen a Koala or wombat?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You are REALLY going to need a link to back that up. I've had cats my whole life and I never saw one that would attack an animal that big. They just scoot away. Cats are selective. Did you know that 2 cats won't fight unless they both decide to?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join