It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do We Ge Our Information From? Our Elders? Preconceptions? Ignorance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There have been several posts/threads recently that have sought to justify racism AND misogyny ( hate towards women).

ATS:
WTF

I joined this site in wishes for further insights and a shared goal of further wisdom.

Several threads lately (some by VERY new members and others OLD) have made me wonder if this site is correct for me and like minded others.

Let me just say outright:

I WILL flame and CONDESCEND to anyone speaking outright racism.

I WILL DERIDE anyone pushing a view of blind intolerance.

I WILL argue and show the idiocy of those speaking in terms of gender superiority/inferiority.

If you don't like it feel free to FOE me or show yourself as a complete fool.

Either way, you are meant for ATS (Deny Ignorance)
Or
you're NOT.

edit on 2/16/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
>....................and a voice of reason dies on the vine.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

If one finds this offensive, then go back into your hole, pull the dirt back around you and repeat to yourself:
"I am perfect. I am the one> All others are bad,"

ATS you WERE (and I hope will be be in the future) my voice of REASON (besides the obvious).

PLEASE continue to be.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope that one day we will live in a world where everyone knows we are all the same. I have always looked at racism and the other issues you speak of as a plague to mankind. I grew up around alot of close minded and ignorant people, (just a small town white man here.),yet I have always looked beyond it. Maybe one day the current path that our species is on will find a way to get over these pathetic issues and realize that we are all the same and that no one person is above another, just maybe.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
>....................and a voice of reason dies on the vine.

I clicked on this thread because the title seemed promising regarding my inference that it would be a detailed look at media sources and perhaps some of the strategies/motivations for inherent bias.

I agree that there is rampant individual bias within the commentary of ATS threads but I usually either ignore it or try and patiently respond with objectivity for the following reason(s)...

It is unreasonable to assume that everyone on ATS has read everything one has. It is unreasonable to assume that everyone has had the same life experience as one has had/will have.

While I agree with no tolerance for racism/misogyny and won't entertain it, I also think that the amount of people who actually buy into such perceptual arrogance and believe it are likely less than what I may be impressed upon to think.

C'est La Vie...Don't let the bottom half get to you; election season has just begun and we are going to see much more of this kind of trype. Breaks are necessary at times and it would be a shame for ATS to lose another rational mind (some may think that my rational mind has already flown the coop but that is another story...
)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I am with you.

I grew up in small town (15,000) then I moved to St. Louis.

A true "melting pot".

My neighbors were "better" than me. My Co-workers were too. (all different classes, and races)

Of course to them, maybe I was doing it better. Who knows?

Thing is, we didn't judge or hate on each other, we just WERE with each other.

Some here on ATS seem to be trying to push an agenda of "us" against "them".

THAT IS BS.

F you dipsh8tes who think it is "cool" or "necessary" to push your agenda.

If there was a universal e-sign for the middle finger to those...

imagine it here.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok..
so I guess this got moved to "Rant" because I said "wtf" in the OP?

w/e

eta: I originally posted this in "Social Issues".
edit on 2/17/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well hell...

My related thread along the same lines is in the forum I posted it in...

W/E
edit on 2/17/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That thread in R.A.T.S. was moved to the trash bin...

And it was about whether or not I should feel guilty about alerting a thread where the OP got his thread 404'd the got banned himself...

And with this comment watch this thread get 404'd too.

top topics

join