It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Team: Deep-pocketed GOP attack machine fuels negative campaign tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here is a rebuttal/response from the truth team.

It's on AttackWatch, and looks like they actually wrote the "opening piece", and then responded !!

Links are on the site to pertinent issues.

A parade of Republicans are attacking President Obama for opening the door to a Democratic-leaning Super PAC to support him. They’re criticizing the President for refusing to concede defeat in November. Campaign Manager Jim Messina explained the necessity of the President’s decision in a blog post last week:

“With so much at stake, we can’t allow for two sets of rules in this election whereby the Republican nominee is the beneficiary of unlimited spending and Democrats unilaterally disarm.”

A spokesman for Karl Rove’s American Crossroads PAC called it a “brazenly cynical move,” and Joe Pounder of the Republican National Committee said:

“Yet again, Barack Obama has proven he will literally do anything to win an election, including changing positions on the type of campaign spending he called nothing short of a ‘threat to our democracy.’”

The "answer" is right below the "issue" on the site.

Truth Team - Feb 16th rebuttal

It must be a "Team" effort, since no authors names are on the page

Did the "Team" word the initial "attack" and then respond ??

Points - CounterPoints

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

You're doing a heck of a job keeping us up to date, thanks. But I have to admit i almost choked when I saw the headline. Obama is complaining about a campaign that has lots of money? He's the guy looking to raise a billion dollars for this campaign. I think it's misleading to say the Republicans have deep pockets, at least relative to the Democrats.

My understanding of the SuperPAC issue is that Obama condemned them left and right. He would rely on getting money from the people, as he did in 2008. When SuperPACs became available, Republicans saw it as a way to raise funds and be competitive. (Remember they were outspent at least 2-1 in 2008.)

Now Obama wants to use the SuperPACS himself. Like many politicians, he is sacrificing his principle for his re-election.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Repubs insisted in getting this allowed under the rules, now they want to cry foul when Obama follows the rules they wanted.

It is the repubs who are being a bunch of hypocrites by crying foul. Just because Obama opposed the rules, doesn't mean he can't use this tactic, being that it is now allowed. That is fair play on Obama's part.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm not sure that the Republicans are saying that he can't use the SuperPACs. I think they're saying he is violating his own principles by doing so. That's true, but I don't know how uncommon it is. I know Ron Paul supporters are proud that their candidate lives by his principles.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

How is following the established rules violating one's principles.

Just because Obama spoke out against this rule, doesn't mean he shouldn't take advantage of such rule once it becomes a rule.

Republicans insisted that this be allowed. Just because Obama objected doesn't mean he should then be required to compete at a disadvantage because he protested what he believed to be an unfair rule.

top topics

join