It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine GOP Recounting Votes!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well I guess that's a better way of presenting the same link. Say it with conviction!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Well it is a sham!

Oh we just happen to find some voters we missed in these previously counted votes and they all just happen to have voted for Romney. Oh and by the way, we still wont count some of these other votes from some of these other areas.

Give me a break. I dont care who your voting for, who you support, fact is you can not look at this and say, "This is normal". This whole thing stinks to high heaven!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree, the extra votes all the sudden. Webster almost got fired immediately, but the motion failed. Knowing that Paul would win in the "left out" caucuses--Guess what? Oh, we were right along-- we found more votes for Romney from the already counted ones. My, My, what a sad day for faith in party officials. At least the tide is slowly changing. Gotta keep up the momentum. Of course when Paul has all the delegates, that won't matter to mainstream, if they even report, cuz Romney won the state.

regards,

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We need a public recount!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yeah, at least in the areas where Romney automatogically gets more votes! I'm hoping someone will come forward who attended those caucuses. At the same token, remember how the tide of sentiment turned against the "sore losers" when Gore lost in 2000. At least if Paul gets a majority of delegates, he can gloat about that; although the press is likely to put a negative spin on it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In Portland, Paul originally beat Romney 106-91. But after the recount, Romney beat Paul 106-91.

Pretty much says it all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The whole thing was fubar.
What should have happened was an open count AFTER everyone had voted. The reason for this media circus was to knock the wind out of RP supporters. That isn't crazy Paul supporter conspiracy talk, it is just obvious.

We need to stop the media pressuring the system in order to make news. Also, Webster is as good as gone. He won't keep that job much longer.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So.. why aren't all the voters in Portland coming forth to protest this? That is a pretty big mistake to make, and I highly doubt they would err on the side of Paul to begin with because the Maine GOP supports Romney. They wouldn't make a mistake that costs Romney votes. So I would say that in fact Paul won that election.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They probably were betting on people were more concerned about the "President's Day" sales this weekend. That, and peoples short term memories...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by NeoVain

So.. why aren't all the voters in Portland coming forth to protest this? That is a pretty big mistake to make, and I highly doubt they would err on the side of Paul to begin with because the Maine GOP supports Romney. They wouldn't make a mistake that costs Romney votes. So I would say that in fact Paul won that election.

They probably have no clue about this. Not every Ron Paul supporter reads every single piece of news coverage, unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Just my personal opinion towards you Outkast. Its not that i think you are a massive troll, even though you go out of your way to discredit Ron Paul more than other candidates. But, honestly, it's pretty obvious you have some personal vendetta against Ron Paul supporters. Like in this thread, how you mentioned confirmation bias. Yes on one end I'm glad there are people like you that can at least point out that it does exist, especially for people with a favoring opinion, but that is just as much apparent as the persuasive rhetoric you spout to discredit support.

You and a few others on here, take some sort of enjoyment in it, and pretend that it doesn't really affect you when it does. I'm all for constructive criticism, and to be honest you do provide some good arguments against Ron Paul, but you have also pointed out how the guy will basically have no impact, so what's the point in going out of your way to make sure everyone knows it?

Realistically, Ron Paul is a game changer, no other candidate is. He's the only one who wants to dramatically change the conversation, and I for one, am pretty damn glad that someone is willingly not saying the same talking points, and is concerned about educating the people about our economic and foreign situation.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I comment on politics...Ron Paul is the majority of political topics here on ATS....so of course I comment mostly on Ron Paul.

I don't support Ron Paul...but go show me anywhere where I have attempted to mis-state his chances in a primary. I can even show you an example where I said that Ron Paul is very well positioned in MN to have his first win. It didn't turn out...but he beat Romney, which I stated was almost just as good as a win for Paul. So don't try to say that I am only against Ron Paul. I am predicting him to lose most of the time...well...because that is what his realistic chances are...and he is in fact losing most of the states.

I am simply trying to keep the Ron Paul followers honest...when they claim they think Ron Paul has a state in the bag and it's going to be a landslide...but the polls say the exact opposite...of course I'm going to show them the polls. And then when he performs exactly like the polls suggest and the Ron Paul fans cry fraud...I remind them of the polls to try to bring them back to reality.

When Ron Paul fans claim that they think Ron Paul will really win after a certain caucus votes...I point out the unlikelyness of that since the voting population when compared to 2008 doesn't look like there will be enough. I even point out that if they doubled the turnout...he would still need an insanely high percentage to win. When I point this out...I'm called a hater and a troll and a shill...all because I'm a taking a realistic view of the situation.

So yes, I'm not afraid to admit that when the results come in and it proves my reasoning...I do take enjoyment in that. After the nastiness of Ron Paul supporters attacking me in every single thread...yes...I am happy that they can see that in fact I was correct in my reasoning. And maybe...it's a BIG maybe...but maybe they will also realize that they are living in a fantasy world and their love for the man has clouded their reasoning.

I'm not here for the stars or the flags...I'm not here to be the most liked or have everyone make me their friend...I'm here to comment on the realistic state of these elections.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Eh.. but you take pleasure, for some reason, in throwing it in hopeful supporters faces. I don't know what dysfunction causes that, but it's pretty evidence that that is the case.

"hey, there is something people are hopeful about because it is positive and they want things to change for the better, just let me s**t all over that"
That is your basic position. Why.. I will never know.
edit on 19-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Eh.. but you take pleasure, for some reason, in throwing it in hopeful supporters faces. I don't know what dysfunction causes that, but it's pretty evidence that that is the case.

"hey, there is something people are hopeful about because it is positive and they want things to change for the better, just let me s**t all over that"
That is your basic position. Why.. I will never know.

I take "pleasure" in knowing my analysis of the situation was correct. I don't care about the supporters...I'm not going to hide the fact that my analysis was correct and Ron Paul supporters were completely off because I might damage the egos of Ron Paul supporters.

If Ron Paul supporters were honest with themselves and didn't inflate Ron Pauls support and chance at winning...they wouldn't feel like anyone is throwing anything in their face...they would simply just know that they support a man who the majority of America doesn't.

And let's not pretend that Ron Paul supporters aren't nasty and snide to all non-Ron Paul worshippers. I'd hate to be a Santorum or Romney support on this site...you guys outright say that only idiots would support them.

Ron Paul supporters aren't exactly saints...so to hear you guys cry even more about people accurately predicting Ron Paul's performance is just more to add to the dislike column.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yeah.. which is why you never post about Ron Paul unless it is something negative. You are the first to post about Romney leading the recount. You have never said anything positive about his message. You aren't making correct assessments, you take delight in any negative stories. People who support him can make correct assessments and still hold out hope. I realize the odds he is up against, I still support him. You are not in it to be correct you are in it to annoy people. Otherwise you wouldn't come to a place that has a large amount of RP supporters only to post negative things and be the first to post negative threads concerning him.

Don't even try to play innocent on that, you would be more respectable if you just admitted what is obvious to everyone that has interacted with you on this site. Making reasonable assessments is one thing, but you clearly don't like him and that is what drives you to make those assessments so regularly.

What do you mean "you guys" so you don't consider yourself a member of this site? I would almost consider that an admission that you come here to troll. Not everyone here supports RP, but there is a reason most people here do, it is a conspiracy site duh.. it is fundamentally opposed to mainstream candidates so of course people that support those kinds of candidates are going to get criticism, hell they get most criticism from people who don't believe in voting at all, not from RP supporters. Maybe more so lately because it is an election year, but most of the time you just hear that voting is pointless. Which has kind of proven true this election.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah.. which is why you never post about Ron Paul unless it is something negative. You are the first to post about Romney leading the recount. You have never said anything positive about his message.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well Ron Paul took second in Minnesota. Paul supporters should really take this as a win. He beat his poll projections by 7-8 points and he defeated Romney and Gingrich in 1 of the 2 contests that counts.

And if you look at all the contests tonight and compare them to 2008, Ron Paul increased his support.

Minnesota he went from 9,852 in 2008 to 12,214 tonight (83% reporting...so more to come)

Missouri he went from 26,464 in 2008 to 30,641 tonight (99% reporting)

Colorado he went from 5,910 in 2008 to 4,404 tonight (only 70% reporting...so he should top 2008 after all are counted).

Ron Paul supporters...you should be feeling good about tonight. The primary season has just been extended, Paul still doesn't have a win...but he got a huge second tonight in MN. Plus, the race will now stay as a four many race...which in my opinion is Paul's best chance.

Ron Paul on the attack...that was awesome.

But yes...I only ever comment on negative things about Ron Paul. I could pull up more...quoting how I agree with Ron Paul on his foriegn policy...but what's the point...you have an opinion of me and that's not going to change.

You aren't making correct assessments, you take delight in any negative stories. People who support him can make correct assessments and still hold out hope. I realize the odds he is up against, I still support him. You are not in it to be correct you are in it to annoy people. Otherwise you wouldn't come to a place that has a large amount of RP supporters only to post negative things and be the first to post negative threads concerning him.

I didn't "come to this place" because there are a large number of RP voters. This is my forum of choice on the interenet...it has a bit of everything I'm interested in. Right now, my interest is dominated by politics because it is election season.

Show me where my assessments have been wrong and Ron Paul supporters have been correct? Was it when Ron Paul supporters were claiming that he would sweep the primaries because he was winning internet polls at 80% and I said that wouldn't translate out to the real world? Was it when they claimed all the polls are garbage and they won't accurately predict the outcomes and I stated the trending in the polls would predict it and the ones close to the primary would closely match?

Please...just show me where my assessments have been off.

What do you mean "you guys" so you don't consider yourself a member of this site? I would almost consider that an admission that you come here to troll.

Well when I start the sentence off with "Ron Paul supporters" and then reference "you guys"...I don't think I'm talking about ATS members....I'm talking about Ron Paul supporters.

You are trying really really hard to discredit me...I don't mind...I don't even take myself seriously.
edit on 19-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You can use the roll your eyes emoticon all you want, it doesn't change the facts. Making your list is irrelevant considering the list I could compile of you antagonizing RP supporters.

Note the "coincidence" that I am not the only one calling you out for this.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You can use the roll your eyes emoticon all you want, it doesn't change the facts. Making your list is irrelevant considering the list I could compile of you antagonizing RP supporters.

Note the "coincidence" that I am not the only one calling you out for this.

Like I said...I don't care who "calls me out"...I would expect most Ron Paul supporters to be angry at the guy trying to show them reality when they are enjoying their fantasy world.

It doesn't change the fact that my assessment and analysis of the primaries so far have been more accurate than Ron Paul supporters.

If you disagree...please show me what I'm missing. Or just keep trying to attack me...you know that will get you more stars from your fellow cult members.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join