It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell Screwing Winners of Vita Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Source

i am one of these unlucky people who won on the 30th who heard nothing for 2 weeks only to get this letter in an email:

"February 13, 2012

We have received your inquiry and determined that you are not a valid winner. This was determined by checking the information (i.e. code, email address, cell phone, name, etc.) you gave us with your inquiry to the data in our system’s records.

Please note that ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION AND SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FOR SUCH ACTIONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The decisions of the judges are final."

they are handling this EXTREMELY poorly and completely ignoring us all. just thought i'd drop it on you fellow gamers/CTs and share my experience

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow... So basically by this letter they are saying you're screwed. They don't care that you're screwed and they did the screwing. Further, if you so much as consider doing something about it, they'll come after you legally with everything they have.

I believe I know my answer to that...and I didn't have to be screwed personally. Just seeing that and reading the background to what is happening is enough. My answer? Well....Taco Bell is one food joint among MANY. It's no skin off my nose to go to the next fast food joint in line or skip them entirely. Probably better for be to skip them anyway...but Taco Bell is sure one I won't give a penny's business to for quite awhile for this one.

Something just occurred to me..... This might be a fine time for some folks out there to go Occupy a Taco Bell and inquire, as a group, just what the deal is with threatening customers who dare ask about being screwed!
edit on 16-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added note...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Look, it's Taco Bell. How principled can they be if they sell mystery meat to people and brag about it? So write it off to corporate experience, and try a good Indian restaurant for the finer vegetarian dishes.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow. The other night I was perusing the chaos they call the Android Marketplace and came across a Taco Bell app which blew my mind on many levels from just the app description alone. Then the comments area loaded with similar situations as the OP described. Tons of people angry because the app would tell them they won and then not process info and refuse to work etc. Funny how something so simple as entering a code into an app to submit for a contest could be so pitifully programmed. From what I could tell (I did not even download the abomination) it was a bloated, unstable and utterly useless. Its hard to believe they did not test it before release. It blew my mind because it represents the sad state of things today. It doesn't matter if it works or is perfect..just GET IT OUT THERE TO THE MASSES ASAP! I would have expected a bit more from a company like Taco Bell.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
yeah my local consumer watchdog reporter at the local news station came by my house and interviewed me already. hopefully this will put enough pressure on taco bell to give me what i rightfully won.

all i did was go through the drive-thru, go home, entered the code and got a winner page "pending verification".

well all that verification was, was to verify im not an employe. well since i am not or never have been i took the early edition vita i had paid and pre-ordered off so i could get ahead on next months bills. now i have nothing.

my emotions in that exact order upon reading the email.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
maybe i'm by myself on this one but personally i never cared for taco bell n/e ways, i'd rather eat homemade tacos than that crap they serve. everything tastes the same there regardless of what it looks like, maybe it's the tortilla's or the meat.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
haha i totally agree. their food is crap. my girlfriend begged me to get her a couple tacos from there so i said ok. when i got to the drive-thru i was like, screw it i want to try one of those hot fritos burritos anyway. so i got the box went home, forgot about the code thing until a commercial for the contest came on. entered the code i tore off the box and won. the rest is history in the making.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is it just me or has anybody else noticed their tacos are getting smaller? I remember when I could get a few regular soft tacos and get filled up pretty good. Ever since they introduced their "big taco menu" it seems like their old regulars got smaller.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Theirs gotta be some kind of legal action you can take. You should not be eating at taco bell in the first place. They feed you plastic.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
well if i were one of the lucky unlucky winners id go change all of your p words to accounts, you may have just entered information on a phishing/duplicate web page remember about 4 weeks ago FBI or NSA said there was 150 million (lol yeah right) compromised computers and they needed a court order to keep 50 dummy servers running or something, gee what ever happened to those 150 million infected computers that were going to crash and um haven't? just a thought

new topics

top topics

join