It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intelligence chief: Iran not close to dropping nuclear plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The American Senate's Armed Services Committee heard some more conflicting and confusing reports from U.S. officials today.

Latest update 01:15 17.02.12 -- Haaretz, Israel

WASHINGTON - Iran is nowhere near deciding to abandon its nuclear program, even though it recently agreed to a European Union proposal to resume talks on the issue. But neither is it likely to intentionally provoke a conflict, senior American intelligence officials told the Senate's Armed Services Committee on Thursday.
Well that sounds encouraging !

James Clapper, the U.S. director of national intelligence, told the meeting that Israel might decide to attack Iran's nuclear facilities this spring, because the weather will be better then. But he stressed that Jerusalem has as yet made no decision on the matter.
I think Israel knows exactly what, where, and when they are going to do just about anything !! ... but what does the weather have to do with bombing nuke facilities ?

Lt. Gen. Ronald Burgess, head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said that Iran has the "technical, scientific and industrial capability to eventually produce nuclear weapons." It also has missiles capable of reaching central Europe and could "attempt to employ terrorist surrogates worldwide."

Nevertheless, "the agency assesses Iran as unlikely to initiate or intentionally provoke a conflict."
Hmmm...

'the agency assesses Iran as unlikely to initiate or intentionally provoke a conflict.'

Then What is the Point of Sanctions ??

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i doubt a squad of practically obsolete f-15's and f-16's would reach iran let alone make thru iran's state of the art air defence systems.

the only thing that might stand a chance would be the b-2 bomber, some super secret aircraft the u.s. has like the aurora, cruise or ballistic missiles.

a b-2 bomber would mean full scale war against iran. the u.s. is in no position, financially or otherwise to wage war.

i doubt they are also inclined to unveil a super stealth aircraft like the aurora to the world and it's enemies to target a few nuclear facilities, unless in the case of total war.

cruise missiles or ballistics don't have the capability to completely destroy iran's nuclear program.

all it would cause is a massive retaliation on israel's civilian population, put american troops in the region in danger and mobilize terrorist organizations will to target american interests around the globe, including the united states.

unfortunately the only two real options are full scale war, regime change and invasion or allow iran to become a nuclear power.

that is why many predict an attack on iran will spark world war 3.

i'm willing to bet n.korea would jump at the chance to unify korea will the united states is taking massive casualties in iran.

get ready for the draft if that happens.

edit on 16-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Then What is the Point of Sanctions ??

I must preface what I'm about to say. I don't agree with the sanctions, but will try to explain why I think they are sanctioning Iran.

Iran is being sanctioned so that the populace suffers and will blame the leadership and vote out their current president. Maybe they hope the population will get fed up with the leadership and revolt.

The sanctions aren't doing anything to stop Iran from pursuing it's nuclear technology for whatever purpose it is for.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The U.S and Israel do not even remotely consider Iran to be a nuclear threat.

The U.S and Israeli media however, well thats a different matter.

new topics

top topics

join