It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meme I found that described the Greek situation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shred
Hopefully Greeks also remember that governments = not the people. It's sad to read about hostility and attacks against tourists just because they happen to be from a AAA country...

Hello Shred,

Hi Shred...

Can you supply a link of this obvious blatant crap, tourists harmed in athens...um when and how, if so, it didn't happen while i was there. It contradicts any rational reality what you typed as everyone who has visited greece in the past, present and/or future will know or come know that greeks are what one would refer to as " they live to live life"

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
A good friend of mine is opera singer, she got married with an american guy and at some point his family was thinking to visit but they were reluctant. They were thinking its like a warzone or something here.
After she explained to them that its preety far from truth and they came she took them at the Syntagma (the place where all the fighting ensues during the protests) and they couldnt believe how reality is so FAR from the things they feed them in MSM.

It was really funny to me to even hear americans saying that Athens or Greece is a dangerous place to be... It's like having a small dog and people not approaching cause someone told them its a Rottweiler.

Centre of Athens DURING riots must be still safer than Stockton California tbh...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

The video you posted is from a satiric comedy show by the way, and not even a funny one.
Granted, it was as silly as depicting Merkel dressed as a Nazi in a greek newspaper, but if THIS is a reason for you to be offended then I don't know how to help you.

99% of all this is stupid propaganda, orchestrated to distract from the real problems. Don't fall for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't you be offended if you saw videos like that about your culture? Spreading all this ignorant crap? I don't fall for it but this is no way to talk about a country, let alone a country in the EU with you. It's disrespectful.
I can laugh with something funny even if it makes fun of me, but it must be funny. That was tasteless and had the point to simply offend.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Offended by comedy? No. Not even if its bad comedy no one laughs about.
Given the amount of jokes about Germans and Nazi comparisons around, I would be offended all day every day for the rest of my life.
If it was a serious statement by a serious media outlet, then I would probably be offended.
edit on 18-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If my countries history had to do with both world wars and the death of millions and millions then the least I would do would be at least to laugh about it, since I aint responsible for it eitherway. But at least take it.

If your country has offered though so much and you get FROM Germans who have caused all those problems in the past (i dont talk about the current citizens) this kind of retarded "comedy" then I guess you would not like it so much.

Maybe in most EU countries don't have any pride but this pride is what made greece stay up during ww2 when all the "BIG" countries surrendered in a matter of days.

This pride is what doesn't sit well with those kind of FUNNY videos.

And believe me I would laugh with any kind of funny stuff if it was coming from good heart and for a laugh... I am troll as much as the next guy but some stuff and from certain people in a certain period of time are not acceptable.

And if people don't actually know who and what Greeks did during ww2 there is a nice video about it.

Many don't know the numbers or the things said even by Hitler at that time. Greeks have always been there to protect Freedom when it was challenged.. It's why it pains me to see our own goverment killing the very foundation of liberty.

But it's in our blood. Maybe its the reason we fight so much between us in times of peace but should we turn towards evil, and we'll go down fighting... and even when down we might still fight.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I wish Greece well. Beautiful country, the history and geography. I explored your country and islands as a tourist in 2007 (my favorite place). The people are kind and gentle. Found no real hard-core /violent crime anywhere (maybe child exploitation) even in the poorer parts of town. Just the usual petty crimes like theft. Greece is safe.
I found the politics a little left of what we are used to in North America, kind of like Canada was in the 1970's.
I hope the majority of the people get what they want. Unfortunately there is nothing but MSM propaganda on the real issues facing the people of Greece. I hope they leave the E.U. so they can implement their on fiscal policies.
Good Luck!
brice

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Look, I honestly condemn the anti-greek headlines of Bild or Focus. Those were foul journalism, no doubt about that. I also condemn depicting Merkel in a Nazi uniform... same kind of foul journalism.

Bad comedy on the other hand is just that - bad comedy. Nothing more, nothing less.
It doesn't represent anyone's opinion and it wasn't intended to be taken seriously.
If you have the time to feel offended by nonesense like that, be my guest.

But please, make up your mind.
The Nazis who "caused all those problems in the past" are dead. They don't live here anymore.
Even the Germans who made "this kind of retarded comedy" are not responsible for the past.
If you're not able to make this important distinction, then this is really offensive to us.

Don't you have better things to do anyways?
Your incompetent government is a disgrace for your country... you should be offended about that instead of wasting your time, crying about bad satiric comedy!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

Really love the internet. No matter how much bs the MSM keep pouring into our bowls everyday, we still got a good medium for connecting with each other and figure stuff out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join