It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contraceptive Insurance: The Standpoint of a Political Conservative

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Annee

Doesn't freedom of choice end when it removes freedom of choice from another?

I don't understand that.

Please explain.

I am probably going to regret butting in here but....

Oh NO - - Please butt in. This is an open forum.

If any 2 or more want an exclusive debate - - they can take it to private U2U.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Doesn't freedom of choice end when it removes freedom of choice from another?

I don't understand that.
Please explain.

This is why I hate multi-thread topics.

As we discussed in the other thread, corporations in the US have every single right that a citizen does. Including freedom of choice. Legally speaking, we can not demand that one person 'must' provide a service to another person unless they have already supplied said services (equality laws).

The government would never pass a law that would force your neighbour to pay for your birth control, and by the same rights, they can't force a corporation. Also, it would be illegal for an insurance company to offer a price at the corporation's rates without the corporation's consent, as the rate that is offered is based on the corporation's merits, not the individual's.

So, unless the insurers are willing to go direct to the client, including separate rates, there is going to have to be some suppression of rights by at least one party.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The government would never pass a law that would force your neighbour to pay for your birth control, and by the same rights, they can't force a corporation.

Oh absolutely I would pay for my neighbors birth control.

IMO - - ALL methods that prevent and/or end pregnancy should be 100% free - - and government supported.

However - - with the change Obama made - - the hospital would not be paying for birth control.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

However - - with the change Obama made - - the hospital would not be paying for birth control.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Correct, but the person would be allowed to 'opt' in directly to the insurer at the corporations rate.

Which would be the same as having people with bad credit allowed to 'opt' in on deals done by people with good credit.

I know, reductio ad absurdum, until you think about the type of law that would be required to allow it. It would set a precedent with some very negative side effects.

As for whether you pay for your neighbours, well that is your personal choice and should never be law.

edit on 23-2-2012 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ANNEE said I could but in so...I am probably going to reget this too but my MASSIVE MALE EGO....won't let me stop! LOL! OK...first of all...I live in MASS...where there is Universal Health Care.

I am Wealthy...yet my payments actually dropped a bit with the new Mass plan. If you can't afford Health Insurance...and YES...it covers all Contraceptive Mesures...it's FREE...if you own a Buisness...there are Buisness plans...It works very well.

I am an Alpha Male of the Highest Level....yet...I do not understand why some MEN get all FREEKED out about State or Goverment Insurance plans that COVER the expense of CONTRACEPTION? And this is from my experience only but it seems the GUY's that are the ones OVERLY OBSESSED with Femal Reproductive Rights...are always the pasty looking short unatractive guy's that HATE FOOTBALL! LOL!

I have known many women and women can be much stronger than alot of men. Being who and what I am...I love everything about Women...the good and bad...and since I CANNOT BEAR CHILDREN....and it is not me who will be having a BIG GROWING STOMACH and mood swings and all the rest...I have to say....THAT A WOMANS RIGHT TO CHOOSE IS NONE OF MY BUISNESS...nor should contraception be an issue as if it is any different from any other form of HEALTH CARE an Insurance Company or State or Government pays for!

Guy's...Guy's...you have to MAN UP and BE REAL MEN! Because a REAL MAN...backs up his WOMAN!
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am an Alpha Male of the Highest Level....yet...I do not understand why some MEN get all FREEKED out about State or Goverment Insurance plans that COVER the expense of CONTRACEPTION? And this is from my experience only but it seems the GUY's that are the ones OVERLY OBSESSED with Femal Reproductive Rights...are always the pasty looking short unatractive guy's that HATE FOOTBALL! LOL!

LOL - - this cracked me up.

My hubby is definitely an Alpha Male - -a "solid on the ground" - - red haired and red bearded Swede - - 21 years younger then me.

He is totally for Women's Rights. And whatever a woman needs for her well being.

It is such a misconception that strong minded women like weak minded men.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank You ANNEE for letting me put that out there. I have a DEEP RESPECT for SRONG WOMEN....I also...to be truthful...have disdane for women who prejudge a Man do to their Physical Prowess or Entertainment Enjoyment.

I was raised by several very intelligent Women...my Mom and two Grandmoms. I also had a Military Dad and family...and my Mom was..."CIVILIAN"....if you can understand the quotes. One of my Grandmothers sisters...my Great Aunt...underwent a Back ally Abortion because of a RAPE. She lost a lot of blood and became partialy paralized...she live into her 90's as all my Family does...my Grandmothers other sister lived to be 107 years old.

I have three Jobs...one is helping run several sucessful Family Companies....another which I still do to this day but not as much since I am older...is in entertainment....I am a World Class Musician and have toured with Aerosmith, Robin Trower, Heart, Motley Crew...etc. The third job is also like my Mom..."CIVILIAN" and although I am older...I still do this from time to time when asked. I am Highly Trained and used to teach Survival...Winter, Jungle, Arctic, Ocean....I LOVE DIVING...and I have been all over the World. I am NOT Military but I work with the best of them...and my job is to keep the young guy's alive as they look to me not to make mistakes.

Point of all this is...no matter how good I am at what I do....or how intimidating my physical prowess...or how extensive my training and experience is...I STILL GET SCARED S#!@%$# if I accidentally drop some gravy on my Moms stove at Thanksgiving! LOL! I believe that women are stronger than men in some aspects just as men are stronger than women in others. But that is the BEAUTY OF IT! I was Blessed...even though I am not religious...to be born of two Highly Intelligent Parents...be born attractive and be physically gifted...but I NEVER TREATED MY DATES AS IF THEY WERE LESS THAN I...nor would I sinl so low as some of these people to deny basic Health Services and Coverages...as I think that is mostly GIRLIE-MAN DRIVEN....and it makes me sick!

It is not their body so they are so desperate for control....because perhaps they have so little control of their lives...that it gets them off to be able to use politics to force their will upon Women. My 95 year old Grandma would have kicked their ass! LOL! They talk about life but will never know what it is to truly LIVE! PITY THEM!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am Wealthy...yet my payments actually dropped a bit with the new Mass plan. If you can't afford Health Insurance...and YES...it covers all Contraceptive Mesures...it's FREE...if you own a Buisness...there are Buisness plans...It works very well.

As a business person, I'm sure you know what part of this I'm going to be paying attention to.

You and I both know that nothing comes for free. Absolutely nothing. Even volunteer work comes at a price to be paid by someone, even if it is just their time and energy (both are limited resources to be used and abused by their authorizing parties).

So, I'm curious how an insurance company manages to pull off free contraception.

I'll admit that I have been neglecting my ability to tan these past several years. However, I'll have you know that I'm considered quite attractive, with a strong semblance to the pre-delusional Tom Cruise, though considerably taller. I don't hate football, but I do find the nearly occult following of it to be a disturbing throwback to the Roman practice of worshiping athletes.

Though I generally find the alpha-male persona to be difficult to work with. Most are merely noisy children who manage to sunder their way through life at the behest of others. I, generally, have to suppress the instantaneous desire to disembowel them mid-bellow. Society, generally, frowns upon such expressions of opinion.

I'm also known for being judgmental, elitist, and a bit of a dick. However, I'm also the guy who comes to pick you up at three in the morning, goes on operation: "go get dumb ass" at all hours, spends hours talking to a drunk and emotionally disturbed person, and that sort of thing. I like to think I'm just very protective of my territory; if quiet.

I have to say....THAT A WOMANS RIGHT TO CHOOSE IS NONE OF MY BUISNESS...nor should contraception be an issue as if it is any different from any other form of HEALTH CARE an Insurance Company or State or Government pays for!

So... what you're saying is... a woman should have the right to choose.... and contraceptive coverage should not be any different than coverage for any other sort of medication/procedure... correct?

So... a woman can choose to opt into an insurance plan that covers contraception if she wants to, correct?

Or do women have the right to choose... unless you feel it's in their own best interest?

You're getting wrapped up in your own double-standard.

Guy's...Guy's...you have to MAN UP and BE REAL MEN! Because a REAL MAN...backs up his WOMAN!

This is true.

But this isn't aimed at committed relationships. It's aimed at single women. The number of people in a committed relationship that do not have access to affordable contraception and/or insurance plans that cover it is very, very small.

As I've already said. If they want to make contraceptive pills more available, they should allow them to be sold over the counter, as opposed to making them require a prescription.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
So, I'm curious how an insurance company manages to pull off free contraception.

Contraceptives and preventative medicine - - - saves insurance companies millions of dollars.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

64....As far as an Insurance companies ability to pay for any and all legal types of contraception....ALL OF THEM WOULD DO IT IN A SECOND! The amount of money they would have to pay out for prenatal care and a birth and ...etc....is ASTRONOMICAL...compared to the cost of covering the pill or PLAN B.

Personaly....unless it is a case of RAPE or INCEST....or the BABY is almost fully developed....I PERSONALLY am not in favor of ABORTION. But that's just me. It's not my body so it's none of my buisness.

As far as some people organizing and along with the Church....throwing stones at PLAN B....a very safe and effective contraception which will not allow a few cells to attach to the uterine wall....what's the big deal? It's not a bay and there is more life in a HAG NAIL that I clip off my finger. The obsesion by some people with this is........well it's just STUPID.

I LOVE WOMEN but I also don't like the idea of a woman having an abortion after the baby is at a certain level of development. PLAN B would prevent this issue....and I think thats a GOOD THING!

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join