It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in our Dreams

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Thanks
Well in the future when the now crude mind reading software works really good, we can match dream actions and photon emissions

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As far as the guy that paints. He has other senses that make up for his loss of sight. Feel or touch....by this alone...especially in a person who has NEVER SEEN...will give him acuity...of lenght, width, depth and time or motion.

Some Blind folk use a piece of quipment that puts out a loud CLICK as a way for their brain to use the bounced back sound of the click as SONAR. I have seen blind kids scateboard or ride a bike in places they have never been by using this technique. Basically they use it like a bat does.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
As far as the guy that paints. He has other senses that make up for his loss of sight. Feel or touch....by this alone...especially in a person who has NEVER SEEN...will give him acuity...of lenght, width, depth and time or motion.

Some Blind folk use a piece of quipment that puts out a loud CLICK as a way for their brain to use the bounced back sound of the click as SONAR. I have seen blind kids scateboard or ride a bike in places they have never been by using this technique. Basically they use it like a bat does.

Split Infinity

Plus he uses light!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Are you refering to his paintings having shade and light refecting on his painted objects?
If so...this can be experienced by him by standing in Sunlight and feeling how the direction of the Suns warmth hits one side of his favce or other body part while the other side does not recieve this warmth. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

Are you refering to his paintings having shade and light refecting on his painted objects?
If so...this can be experienced by him by standing in Sunlight and feeling how the direction of the Suns warmth hits one side of his favce or other body part while the other side does not recieve this warmth. Split Infinity

I still dont know how he tells the difference between the colour blue and the colour red? not to mention the colours are all getting mixed up on his fingers... how does he know what colours are on his finger tips?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

That is difficult. I can tell you because I paint as well as am a Musician, Buisnessman and something else that I do from time to time. I can take some clay and mold it into anyones face....I love watercolors and as a gift from my family member...was given some canvas and paints.
I have done all this before but it was an experiment to have me do something else to keep my sanity.
At the same time I dabble in Theoretical Physics and my third job is an physical actionable high stress duty.

For him to keep the colors seperate takes some doing and blending is difficult even with eyes. The really tough part would be spacial symetry....as this is tough for the sighted. But he is using his other senses to compensate as he was born this way. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I guess the different colors feel differently, idem smell. His abstract thinking must just be very good. Able to connect the dots. Via what he has felt (objects), comparisons made by others to explain things, he must be able to literally cook up the bigger picture. Hence making landscapes.

Are you abel to "read" what somebody writes on your body (without looking of course). I am, but apperantly not everybody.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Split Infinity
This man was born blind,he was born without eyes,he's never "seen" anything and so he does'nt "really know" what anything "really looks like" and yet take a look at his paintings > www.armagan.com...

His inner eye is accessing fragments of past life memories and alternate realities when he dreams...
edit on 27-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

His inner eye is accessing fragments of past life memories and alternate realities when he dreams...

no offense,, and i personally am not that keen about it........ but you better not take that conclusion anywhere near occams razor.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

no offense,, and i personally am not that keen about it........ but you better not take that conclusion anywhere near occams razor.

Occam's razor is attributed to the 14th-century English logician,theologian and Franciscan friar Father William of Ockham.The words attributed to Occam are "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity"...

Who decided that this Occam guys theories and ideas are the be all end all of anything and everything?

Do we still adhere to the Flat Earth and Earth is the center of creation theories that were also claimed as truths and facts during Occams lifetime?

And surely there are many undiscovered geniuses out there who will never be able to find themselves within academic circles and positions that will alllow them the ability and social format to declare their ideas and theories,some of which would probably prove Occams Razor wrong...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Having read through this thread, I have come to this conclusion:

Most people do not realize that there are different types of dreams.

I have always dreamed vividly and remember many dreams from the age of three onward. I have sporadically kept dream journals, but I don't really need to because I remember many of my dreams anyway.

Here are the types of dreams I have had and how I categorize them:
1) Fantasy; highly unrealistic, very loosely based in reality. (ex: You are dancing with talking flowers as tall as you are in a sea of gold coins when it starts raining cupcakes and you laugh as you catch them.) These are products of your imagination, active while you are asleep.

2) Thought and conscience-oriented dreams; metaphorical in nature and somewhat unrealistic in quality. (ex: Floating on a river, you hit a rock and must figure out how to get around it without flying away into the clouds.) These are the dreams that reflect things you have been thinking about, focused on, or worried about. They are another form of problem-solving, that is done while you are asleep.

3) Fear-based dreams; instinctual in nature and quality. (ex: You are in a rain forest and know you are being hunted by an invisible creature you know is there but you cannot see. You run.) These are subconscious and rooted in our instinctual memories, passed down to us from our ancestors. There are also dreams like this that involve doing things you do not (consciously) know how to do - swimming when you've never learned to swim, climbing a tree though you've never climbed one, etc.

4) Physical Urges; realistic. (ex: You dream you are searching everywhere for a bathroom because you need to urgently go. You get into the bathroom and start to relieve yourself only to wake up suddenly and run urgently to the bathroom to relieve yourself.) No surprise here, these dreams are influenced by the needs of your physical body.

5) Literal dreams; reality based and realistic in quality. (ex: You are ill IRL and afraid of dying, you dream you are injured and about to die until someone comes to save you.) These dreams are kind of a mixture of problem-solving and fear-based. They make sense, though it's not a "real" situation. And, often, you will find answers and realizations that you had never considered when you think about these dreams.

6) Concurrent life dreams; You are you in the dream, but not living your "real" life, realistic in quality. (ex: You know who you are, have the same name, spouse, etc, but live a completely different lifestyle.) These dreams are, in my opinion, not dreams at all. They are glimpses into the lives of other versions of you in other timelines that were created by choices you did or didn't make during your present life.

7) Past/future life dreams; You are not "you" in the dream, but you know who you are nonetheless, these dreams have the quality of a memory. (ex: You are female, you enter your house and pet your cat, people you know speak to you by name. IRL you are male, live in an apartment, and hate cats - but you wake up feeling you know and remember those people from the dream.) These dreams are, I believe, memories of past or future lives. I believe that all time is enternal and an instant, so you exist in all times at once. When asleep, you are able to travel anywhere, any time, any dimension. You occasionally drop in on yourself in different lifetimes.

I also believe that you can visit the dreams of others, or find/summon people you are looking for IRL while dreaming.

Obviously, this is all speculation because nobody knows for sure. But, these are my interpretations of the many types of dreams I have had over this particular lifetime.

Great thread!

edit on 2/27/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce "the sleeping prophet" of well over 15,000 in trance readings,said almost one hundred years ago that we dream of past and future lives and the dead are able to visit us and inter-act with us within higher dimensions of reality in our dreams...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Edgar Cayce "the sleeping prophet" of well over 15,000 in trance readings,said that we dream of past and future lives and the dead are able to visit us and inter-act with us within higher dimensions of reality in our dreams...

I do agree with Edgar Cayce's opinion.

I don't claim to be a prophet, but I have dreamed the future many times before it happened. I have dreamed solutions to problems, written songs, had great epiphanies, formed my own philosophies, lived other lives and more - all in my sleep.

I know too many things that I've never learned, seen too many things that I've never seen, known too many people that I've never met, spoken to too many people that I cannot physically reach... and so on... to believe otherwise.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I also think that we simultaneously exist within multiple alternate realities and what i'm doing right now and the people i see and interact with,while i'm awake here in this life,is what and who i dream about while i'm asleep in some other reality,hidden realms somehow connected to ours upon some mysterious wavelength, within some unknown frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum where natural laws,structures of society and technologies are similar yet different to ours and thats why our dreams are often filled with strangely familiar surrealistic images,events,abilities and people...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I been having special dreams about the same person for over a month. I think she's psychic. My Wiccan girlfriend won't be happy to feel me dreaming of the past, and my friend won't be happy if he thinks his girlfriend is thinking of me too much. I don't hang out with them but they call me alot.My girlfriend and that other girl hate each other. In the last two years, I've cause pain for many people by just being single and doing whatever I wanted, as my girlfriend and I were separate for almost half of that time. I think we can all tap into the "grid" which connects every town and every thought. I hope so because otherwise the world will just have to take my word and my character and trust that I am who I say I am.

Life is crazy.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

I guess the different colors feel differently, idem smell. His abstract thinking must just be very good. Able to connect the dots. Via what he has felt (objects), comparisons made by others to explain things, he must be able to literally cook up the bigger picture. Hence making landscapes.

Are you abel to "read" what somebody writes on your body (without looking of course). I am, but apperantly not everybody.

You know...some parts of my body have been desensitized over years of Training. After you practice hitting or kicking something for a long time...it dulls the nerves and this is good for fighting but bad for sensitivity.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sometimes in my dreams people who I know appear as someone else, but I still know it is that same person. For example, I once drempt of my mum who looked totally different in my dream to how she does in "real" life, but I knew she was my mum. Does that make sense?

I also have dreams with strangers in aswell. I have never really thought where the idea of their face would come from. I just thought it was my imagination, just the same as all the strange places and buildings I dream about.

I must add that I had the weirdest dream last night. I cant remember the whole dream. I was in my kitchen and my mouth was feeling really strange. My bottom lip seemed to be swollen and was flopping down by my chin. I looked in the mirror to see that my facial features had changed to that of a whitch! I had a huge crooked nose and my chin was longer and thinner! Thank goodness I woke up looking like my usual self. No Halloween jokes please!!!!! I did take my mask off!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

You know...some parts of my body have been desensitized over years of Training. After you practice hitting or kicking something for a long time...it dulls the nerves and this is good for fighting but bad for sensitivity.
Split Infinity

Wait a second... you're a physicist, a musician AND a boxer
?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by afraidofthedark

Maybe you were dreaming of your mother,only her soul was within another body,during a past life incarnation,or another life yet to be lived...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Lapislazuli

Ok, so you think that for example, in a village in let's say Tibet, where people have only seen the people that live there, that there is no possibility for them to have dreams about caucasians since they have never seen one?

I wouldn't think so..

Wrong....
If you were a pygmy say living deep in the rainforest and had never encountered 'civilisation', not even talked about it, not even aware of it - you are not, repeat NOT going to dream that you are picking up your new car, you are NOT going to dream that you are putting a ready meal in a microwave etc etc... Unless you are some sort of seer (and I'm afraid most of us aren't) you are not going to dream of things beyond the scope of your imagination.
Dreams are just your mind sifting through your subconscious. And if your dream reflects a different dimension, like some hopefuls like to believe - all I can say is there are some pretty wacky dimensions out there!
edit on 1-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join