It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in our Dreams

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

what i meant by that, i know conscious thought is not as encompassing as physical conscious existence,, but a dream, is your all encompassing life thought,,memories, emotions, etc. where the conscious aware part of "you" is limited to its internal domain of mind,,, and the dream world is that conscious bits attempt or success at creating an environment of stimulation and experience for it to explore,, using past experience, memories, events, etc....

you have to be careful when thinking oh dreams send us to another galaxy, this and that outrageous seemingly made up claims,, that you are not just wishing that was true, because it would add spice to the same old same old, as if existing as a living being on a planet is boring or normal or whatever.... you know what im saying,,, i only read a little of your response to the quoted bit but wanted to respond on what i actually meant and believe.....

as for the people saying they cant visualize clearly while awake,, with everyone im sure this varies,,, great painters, or inventors, or writers are imagining and thinking and processing detailed worlds of information in their mind while conscious.... if you close your eyes you will not "see" it like in a dream, but you can imagine something very clearly,,, basketball,, without trying to squint your eyes and oh i cant see it i cant see it,,,, you can,, know a basketball, because in your mind, you can see one,,,, dog,,,, house,,,, how do you know these things, because you connect that word with the image in your mind....... before language people must have thought only visually, with no code of language to guide meanings,, i wonder what their inner voice would have consisted of,,,, when you think things through logically you are using the code of language to make sense of abstract situations of cause and effect,, etc..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would still really like to hear where people think the light we see in our dreams is coming from while our eyes are closed...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I would still really like to hear where people think the light we see in our dreams is coming from while our eyes are closed...

Your brain is generating the photons. Its coming from you.

Journal of Consciousness Exploration & Research

Michael Persinger’s Group at Laurentian University, Canada, have recently reported very important experimental results on photon emissions related to novel macroscopic quantum phenomena and brain functions. One of their findings has been published Brain Research Vol. 1388 (2011), Another is currently in press at Biophyiscal Chemistry. A third finding has been published in NeuroQuantology Vol 9 Issue 4 and a fourth finding is published in the current issue of JCER (Volume 2 Issue 10). Here we briefly describe their findings for the readers of JCER.

edit on 24-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Why exactly would our brains need to be emitting photons for anyways? To light up our thoughts and memories? Why would they need light? Somethings not making sense to me...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Why exactly would our brains need to be emitting photons for anyways? To light up our thoughts and memories? Why would they need light? Somethings not making sense to me...

Well regardless if it makes sense to you or not the findings are what they are. It didnt make sense to some people that the world was round but that didnt stop the world from being round if you get my drift.

Its like electricity can make magnetism and magnetism can make electricity.

Photons make images in your brain and your brain makes photons when you make images.

Thats just my feeble attempt to try to explain it to you by no means is it scientific or has anything to do with the study. just trying to help you wrap your mind around something you cant grasp. Hope it helped.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Well regardless if it makes sense to you or not the findings are what they are. It didnt make sense to some people that the world was round but that didnt stop the world from being round if you get my drift.

Photons make images in your brain and your brain makes photons when you make images.

Thats just my feeble attempt to try to explain it to you by no means is it scientific or has anything to do with the study. just trying to help you wrap your mind around something you cant grasp. Hope it helped.

Ok.....so could I harness those photons some way? Free energy and all

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Ok.....so could I harness those photons some way? Free energy and all

The magnitude of energy produced by the minuscule amount of photons generated would be infinitesimal. The only thing you could run would be your own dreams and thats what the energy is doing to begin with. If you want a better source of free energy go buy a solar cell.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I was kidding, well sort of. I will have to read the links, but really we need internal photons in order to dream? And if they are so little, they are not doing the illuminating. I know are bodies create photons, so I think that is just what we do.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I was kidding, well sort of. I will have to read the links, but really we need internal photons in order to dream? And if they are so little, they are not doing the illuminating. I know are bodies create photons, so I think that is just what we do.

I suspect you have appropriate qualifications in neurochemistry to make a statement such as that?

I would also suspect based on that statement that you know the exact amount of energy required to activate the neurosynaptic exchange that produces images to the conscious mind?

Because the person who made that statement does.

Whether we need internal photons to dream is not the issue that fact is that they have been observed in the brain at the same time as when the subject is experiencing certain visual phenomena that is not related to direct exposure to external photonic activity.

You can draw your own conclusions from the research, I was simply answering the question of a poster in regards to where the light from internal visual stimuli originated from and the answer still stands, it comes from withing us.

We can talk about alternate realities and other dimensions if that helps but we also have to consider the hard facts that is observable scientific research.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

This may be a stupid question, but if this photon theory is true (I really have no clue about this science), then it should be possible to activate this process when we're awake too, right?

I'm talking nightvision.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I believe when Timelord is talking of neurons in your brain and photons this is not comparable to the light created from a match,,, these are microscopic/quantum effects,, just as the electric impulses that occur in your nervous system, brain, and cells are not comparable in size and power to strikes of lightening ,,, you can however pray to be reincarnated as a firefly, or there are some deep sea creatures that sport bioluminescence.... humans took the.... easy/hard way out and mutated external material to fill our desires ( i.e. flashlight, night vision goggles)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

A very astute and in dept comprehension of the subject. The effect is indeed miniscule, as the good Dr eloquently puts it , its not the power of the field that produces results but the right frequency. Power is not everything.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
How is it that we see total strangers in our dreams that seem to be familiar? We do even sometimes fall in love with them in an instant. Who are these people and how do we manufacture their faces?

It would take quite some imagination to create a face in front of you, that you have never seen before, but yet again seems so familiar that you can't let go of this person

There are a few Theories

Either that we've seen these people throughout our day, but wouldn't we remember that? I mean if I am able to fall in love with that person, I sure would notice her passing me on the street.

Or that we connect to other dimensions in our dreams etc..

I'm looking forward to your opinions

It is true that the Subconscious is like a recording computer and every sensory input is stored there...visual, olifactory, touch, hearing and taste...and it is easily accessed in REM state. But the the Right Hemesphere of our brains is the creative side and can easily develop combinations via sampling known faces.
As far as a possibility for communication via Dream State with other possible Divergent Universal States...that has some backing within the concept of QUANTUM PHYSICS as certain Quantum Particles seem to blink in and out of existance such as a Quark...there is a Minimum and Maximum number that can exist within a Proton or Neutron....but they can exist between these limits as they please. Since our Brains Matter has this exchange going on in continual fasion...another theory is that via probability...Divergent Universes where alternate versions of you and me will experience a choice or random happenstance...or a Chaos based occurence...the Protons and Neutrons inside that particular Brain will have Quarks near or at Maximum....where a Alternate Universal State where there is a low probability of occurence will have Quarks near or at minimum quantity. This concept allows for possible Prescience and possible communication in ALPHA wave state.

By the way...a CAT is ALWAYS in ALPHA WAVE STATE...thus adding to the mythology of CATS being Guardians of the Underworld. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Well yet this blind man, born without eyes, paints pictures with light, depth and perspective. This is a really cool video.

There is so much we don't know...
edit on 25-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It is true that the Subconscious is like a recording computer and every sensory input is stored there...visual, olifactory, touch, hearing and taste...and it is easily accessed in REM state. But the the Right Hemesphere of our brains is the creative side and can easily develop combinations via sampling known faces.
As far as a possibility for communication via Dream State with other possible Divergent Universal States...that has some backing within the concept of QUANTUM PHYSICS as certain Quantum Particles seem to blink in and out of existance such as a Quark...there is a Minimum and Maximum number that can exist within a Proton or Neutron....but they can exist between these limits as they please. Since our Brains Matter has this exchange going on in continual fasion...another theory is that via probability...Divergent Universes where alternate versions of you and me will experience a choice or random happenstance...or a Chaos based occurence...the Protons and Neutrons inside that particular Brain will have Quarks near or at Maximum....where a Alternate Universal State where there is a low probability of occurence will have Quarks near or at minimum quantity. This concept allows for possible Prescience and possible communication in ALPHA wave state.

By the way...a CAT is ALWAYS in ALPHA WAVE STATE...thus adding to the mythology of CATS being Guardians of the Underworld. Split Infinity

Now I'm even more confused. Thanks for your input. I just have to try to understand it

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by greyer

What are the things you have witnessed?

When they talk about aliens, magic, the occult, and dreams all coming together, I have seen that.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Don't be so testy
Or I will call you not the soup nazi but the photon nazi

I ONLY indicated that I don't think that photons are needed for dreaming. OK?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Don't be so testy
Or I will call you not the soup nazi but the photon nazi

I ONLY indicated that I don't think that photons are needed for dreaming. OK?

I acquiesce...

I was merely trying to clear up any confusion. Whether Photons are needed for dreaming I cannot confirm or deny, all I can say is that the scientific study indicates that Photonic discharges are recorded at the time and location of the brain that is associated with vision.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Well yet this blind man, born without eyes, paints pictures with light, depth and perspective. This is a really cool video.

There is so much we don't know...
edit on 25-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

As an artist he would be using more his right temporal lobe and if he is in sync with the earths magnetic field then he would have access to all the experiences recorded in it by sighted people and thus he could theoretically reproduce sighted images. How he would then transfer them onto a canvas I wouldnt be able to tell you because I wasnt born blind.

Do some research on the god helmet, it goes a long way to try to explain telepathy and other fringe theories of science.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join