It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in our Dreams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've kept a dream journal for over 20 years, and I've gotten pretty good at determining where my dream imagery originated. I'd say I pinpoint the source of 99% of my dreams.

For example, I had seen this picture yesterday
cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com...

From looking at that picture, I had a dream last night where Hitler was looking out from someone's eyeball. I've never seen Hitler looking out of anyone's eyeball before. But that picture set up the basic framework for that dream. An eyeball, and something evil in it. My personal archetype for evil has an association with Hitler. It's more than a logical conclusion I draw between the two, I can literally feel how they are connected.
edit on 20-2-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by greyer

How do you know aliens do this?

Your saying, as humans view fuel or solar energy or fruit as an energy source...... aliens can use the product of human emotional or spirtual energy as an energy source?

No, that's more of the mainstream. I have witnessed things that a normal person hasn't. It is more of a paranormal truth that we don't know. Feeding...maybe they are making love to our souls who knows. Based on the possibility of events and all the traces left I do know that the probability is around 98-99% that something paranormal that has an amazing intelligence or aliens did something here on earth. The saucers could be German heck, but something happened. The aliens could have done three things - land on the whitehouse lawn, destroy our world, or keep themselves secret while they studied on us, and the third is what happened.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I've kept a dream journal for over 20 years, and I've gotten pretty good at determining where my dream imagery originated. I'd say I pinpoint the source of 99% of my dreams.

For example, I had seen this picture yesterday
cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com...

From looking at that picture, I had a dream last night where Hitler was looking out from someone's eyeball. I've never seen Hitler looking out of anyone's eyeball before. But that picture set up the basic framework for that dream. An eyeball, and something evil in it. My personal archetype for evil has an association with Hitler. It's more than a logical conclusion I draw between the two, I can literally feel how they are connected.
edit on 20-2-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

For what its worth I agree with you for the most part. I understand what your saying 100% in regards to dream characters being representational archetypes of your subconscious mind. Makes sense that your mind would use symbols that you already recognized to create new variations of an existing symbol.

What most people dont understand (and I think this is why you're finding it hard to explain to them your ideas) is that dreams are subjective and not to be taken literally. Everything seems 'normal' in dreams because the part of your brain that controls logic is turned off. So flying monkeys seems 'normal', I myself am a veteran lucid dreamer and have had quite interesting conversations with the dream characters I have created. Most of the people in my dreams I have never seen before but the emotional connection I have with them is real because I have taken that connection from a person i have in the waking world.

Its all to do with symbology and metaphor. Its all very subjective and since its a universe in your mind it can mean whatever you want it to. It is LITERALLY the only place where you can safely say you are the god and creator of your universe. Because when you are lucid that's is exactly what you can do.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

We sleep with our eyes closed,when we dream our eyes are closed,so how are we able to see in our dreams? From where is dream light emanating from? The sun light of another world? The inner light of another reality? The glow of eternity? The light of past lives?

S+F for your thread,this is one of my very favorite of all mysterious subjects...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Sometimes i think that our dreams are a downloading process taking place.Dreams are the fragmented memories of the simulated reality data that was down-loaded while semi-conscious...

Sometimes our dreams are clear and linear and sometimes they are broken,scrambled,blurred and disconnected,like scattered pieces of a puzzle.But i believe they are to ensure that we stay in harmony within this illusion we call reality when we awaken...

When we are conscious and awake our brains are de-coding stored information,virtual data that was previously down-loaded into them while we were asleep and we remember this down-loading procedure as our dreams and when we awaken,the pre-programmed data is what we perceive as reality...

Until once again we helplessly fall within the void sleep...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
I've read that we don't make up faces at all. Anyone who is in your dream is someone that your subconscious mind has recorded/seen. The killer in your dream may be the local bagger you saw at your grocery store years ago, for example.

Which is I guess what your saying in the OP, however your subconscious mind can remember at a capacity you wouldn't believe. The conscious mind is a way for us to deal with the massive information input on our brains, while the Subconscious is like a catalog of everything (some people believe). Idiot Savants, for example, are said to draw from the subconscious mind more than the conscious and these people can remember things in depth at a very high rate.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: ETA

Well if you believe in reincarnation, what about faces from past lives, past loved ones and such?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Once i dreamed that i entered an old three story victorian mansion...

it was summer time and i could feel the old wood and i could smell the night air...

I was dressed in 19th century clothes and i know this because when i entered this house there was a mirror in front of me...

Then i walked up a narrow stairway and came upon a door that i opened and inside was a bedroom with two women inside,dressed in 19th century nightgowns...

They knew who i was,they knew my name and they asked me what had taken me so long to return home...

As i walked over to a window and looked out upon a yard that was being lit up by flashes of lightning...

When i awakened in the morning i could feel a very real sensation of lonliness and seperation and i felt haunted for days afterwards...

Seriously,think about it,how is that possible?

Unless i was recalling a past life?

Or maybe a life i havent lived yet?

Maybe it's some other life i'm living right now in an alternate reality?

And what i'm doing right now,another me is dreaming about it in that alternate reality?

Whatever it was,whatever it is,something tells me that if i had died "in my sleep" while i was having that dream,i would have stayed in that world in that particular situation and it would have become my life,my new reality...

edit on 20-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What a cool dream!

I find it weird that we don't feel like strangers at the different location and eras. It's like we belong there

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Another time i dreamed a dream so amazing and vivid when i was 15 years old and 25 years later i can still remember it and see it in my minds eye as if i dreamed it last night...

Of being a soldier dressed in a ww-1 uniform and i was with around 3 or 4 other soldiers inside an underground bunker with small thin and long rectangular windows cut out just above the ground line for looking out of and firing our rifles out through...

We were all speaking german back and forth to eachother for a few moments,i do not speak german at all,but i was no doubt speaking it fluently in this dream...

I was looking out one of these small windows.It was daylight and i could see a clearing in front of us that extended out about 100ft with many trees beyond there whos leaves were in their autumn colors shimmering in the sunlight...

Suddenly we were watching,listening to and feeling a terrible barrage of multiple heavy artillery shells blasting and detonating out in front of us and their thunderous explosions came closer and closer,louder and louder as dirt,rocks,shredded trees and leaves were flying in the air...

We all started yelling and moving quickly away from the small windows...

Then we must have received a direct hit,suddenly all went black and i awakened...

I know for sure,this dream was so incredibly real,that i actually lived this in the past and died there that way,no doubt about it...

And it would also explain my life long fascination with ww-1 and ww-2 history,i was there...

edit on 21-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

We all started yelling and moving quickly away from the small windows...

What were you yelling? RAUS!! RAUS!!!

awesome dream! If you have some distinct memories about the location, try to look it up on google earth. I know it will be hard to find, but why not?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Heres another "past life" dream i had a long time ago...

I found myself inside the hull of an old sailing ship...

There were piles of hay everywhere with one or two cows laying around along with some other smaller farm animals and a dog...

There were a few men and women down there with me and they were all dressed in very old style clothing and wearing buckled shoes.I could see in front of me that i was wearing the same...

A few lanterns lit the area we were in and i could hear the roar of the ocean waves,the wind and rain,as they thrashed against the outside of this ship.I could feel the swaying back and forth,up and down motion as we sailed across the ocean...

One of the younger women in front of me looked very sick,she was sweating with fever and looking right into my eyes with an anguished expression,i think she was in labor...

Then it was just over...

So it seems that i was really there,sailing to the new world...Unbelievable...

We are born again and again down through the ages across time within different bodies and in those past lives we could even have been reborn each time within the exact same bodies and face that we have now,who would ever know? There were no cameras back then and only the wealthy could afford to have their portrait painted...

edit on 21-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Are you keeping a dream journal? You seem to be able to remember quite some details.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Or look at it broader, how come ourmind can create these detailed hallucinations whereas waking you would have to take certain drugs/be mentally ill and end up with all sorts of aberrations.

Sure dreams are illogical, but there not like trips. All this energy is devoted to create fake landscapes and people and situations, why?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

What are the things you have witnessed?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

you know how when you are awake you can think in your mind? you can literally make out images and view stories in your head,..... you can in a conscious state view a memory from long ago in detail..... you can maybe day dream and get lost in your imagination....... a dream at night is becoming lost in imagination, memory, emotion etc...... you are literally making up the story as you go only with input from your memory,subconscious etc,, i would say no input from external stimuli but it is known that something going on around you while you are asleep dreaming can be incorporated in your dream world..... a dream is your conscious self not being cool with being completely non existent while sleeping for how ever many hours,...

this is a cool painting by salvador dali detailing what i mentioned of the effect of external stimuli during dreaming

oilpaintingrepro.com...

its called: Dream, Caused by the Flight of a Bee (Around a Pomegranate, a Second Before Waking Up)

edit on 21-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've heard/read that every dream person is an aspect of the self at some level, and while that has merit, I don't think it's entirely the case.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by blocula

Are you keeping a dream journal? You seem to be able to remember quite some details.

Yea I don't, I wonder how many "past life" dreams I've had that have just been flushed down the memory drain.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

No when awake I can't summon such detailed images! It's all hazy and more a sort of touch and go. Mind you, I am quite visual. So you seem to have some ability!

My point was that I am starting to wonder if indeed the dream worlds are indeed real, as real as our reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by ImaFungi

No when awake I can't summon such detailed images! It's all hazy and more a sort of touch and go. Mind you, I am quite visual. So you seem to have some ability!

My point was that I am starting to wonder if indeed the dream worlds are indeed real, as real as our reality.

I dare say they are 'real' when you are in them and creating them. So for all intents are purpose they are real. It is only when you are awake that you deem them illusory. Did you know that when you are 'seeing' light and objects in your mind you are actually producing photons?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by QueenofWeird

you know how when you are awake you can think in your mind? you can literally make out images and view stories in your head
I know exactly what you mean,but when i think about things while i'm awake theres very little visualization of images going on and whatever small fraction there is,theres no movement or sound from what i'm thinking about,they are not animated.I can picture someones face,but i cant really see them and theres most certainly no interaction going on with them,just a vague thought about what i think that person looks like...

But a lot of my dreams have the same visual and auditory details as when i'm awake,i can see everything and hear everything,sometimes people know me and they were waiting for me,i can feel the sensations of touch,i can see colors and most importantly,i can see light...

We sleep with our eyes closed and we cant see anything at all because theres no light entering into our eyes...

Close your eyes right now and what do you see?

When we dream our eyes are closed,so how are we able to see in our dreams?

From where is dream light emanating from?

The sun light of another world?

The inner light of another reality?

The glow of eternity?

The light of past lives?

Through a glass darkly,the nature of reality?

My fathers mansion has many rooms...Meaning?...My fathers universe has many dimensions...
edit on 23-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join