It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accessing Old Pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hello,I was wondering how to access old pics. When I click on 'old pics' it takes me to ATS featured vid and recap.

Thanks,
spec

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As far as I know they are lost and gone forever.
When they upgraded they had the old pics
on the page for awhile but they have now
been discarded.

Am I right? Be nice if I was wrong?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

It happened to me also, yesterday. I think the old picture section is gone.

Maybe SO or a mod will reply.

Flagging.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility
From September of 2011.

In about two months, general access to your albums in the media.abovetopsecret.com website will be shut off. The core software we purchased to run the "media portal" has reached a "difficult to maintain" point, which is why we've launched this new custom-built service.

It's not like there wasn't fair warning.

We perhaps keep access open too long.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the clarification SO, and I like the new setup. I am sad to lose access to the old pics, but at the same time I understand. It's too bad you guys couldn't have transferred them all to our new section, but yea, that could be too much because I know collectively, that is a whole lotta pics.

S'all good, thank you,
spec

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The "old pics" still show up on old posts it seems.

You can copy them and add to the new system.

A bit tedious, but possible.

I was wondering if ATS could transfer all "old pics" from the old database to each member's "new" file ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for answering my next question

I was hoping not to lose the pics in the threads of old, and like you said we can still copy them if needed.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility
From September of 2011.

In about two months, general access to your albums in the media.abovetopsecret.com website will be shut off. The core software we purchased to run the "media portal" has reached a "difficult to maintain" point, which is why we've launched this new custom-built service.

I was about to post that myself, but you beat me to it.

Anyway, hindsight is 20/20, as they say. For what it's worth.
edit on 16-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I cannot access my old pictures. I cannot upload new ones because this site does not want to work with people who are still using XP Pro 64 bit instead of windows 7.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

That's a bummer man, and I wish I could help. Maybe start a thread in the Computer Help forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I wish I would have known this sooner.

It would have been nice to get a U2U on the final day or two before they were removed.

Or a thread posted to the front page that "Tomorrow all old pics will be removed from our system"

I'm bummed, I had a lot of pics that I would have downloaded to my current computer.

A lot of the pics were uploaded from my old computer that the hard drive crashed.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I was thinking a member wide U2U would have been a good idea also. I had a lot of pics that are no longer on my hard drive either, but at least they are still preserved in our threads. Let's see, 4644 posts, that shouldn't be too hard to sift through

Maybe we can take this opportunity and make one last plea to get access and be notified via all member U2U.
I realize access has been 'shut off,' but maybe we can reopen for one more brief time ?

edit on 17-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have a related question.

"general access to your albums in the media.abovetopsecret.com website will be shut off."

General access...
Many ATS members have setup personal pages in the media.abovetopsecret.com section but now we no longer have access to edit them. For those of us who have them will our ATS personal pages be done away with as well or will the editing feature be hopefully restored?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Works fine on my XP Pro, 64 machine

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

It is a privilege not a right to post in a private site like this, its your responsibility to read the terms and conditions, they do not need to send you a private message, they did announce it, you come to them, they don't come to you.

read the T&C PEOPLE!
or better yet, read something other than the funny comments!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Your comment was one of the funniest I read in a long time.

It's a good thing you don't work for ATS, with that attitude you'd drive away the users pretty quick.

I can see it now ...... "Hey man, you're lucky to be able to post on a site this this"

" OH REALLY?.......BUH BYE"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I cannot access my old pictures. I cannot upload new ones because this site does not want to work with people who are still using XP Pro 64 bit instead of windows 7.

I think, perhaps wrongly, that it has nothing to do with your OS and more to do with ensuring that you have a relatively updated version of Adobe and have enabled _javascript...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This question may have already been addressed, but I'm panicking over this... lol
Are the old pictures and uploads going to remain on the older threads? If they vanish all together, and there's no way to edit old threads ro reupload the images, ATS will loose a great deal of material.

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
It is a privilege not a right to post in a private site like this, its your responsibility to read the terms and conditions, they do not need to send you a private message, they did announce it, you come to them, they don't come to you.
read the T&C PEOPLE!
or better yet, read something other than the funny comments!

Um, it's a priviledge, not a right, to help old ladies across the street, but by golly, it's just the right thing to do sometimes, don't you think? I've read the T&C, it didn't really say much about not getting u2u'ed when eight years worth of uploads are going to vanish from the site and, well, I missed the annoucement, probably busy reading the funny comments, so I'm not as trendy as you might like your PEOPLE to be.

edit on 23-3-2012 by twitchy because: Ugh

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Are the old pictures and uploads going to remain on the older threads?

Yes.

While the management system members used to upload those images is no longer accessible, the images themselves shall always remain.

top topics

join