It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things Survival: Show 42: 02/16/2012 Surviving In SHTF and More ATS Threads..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/vv4f45de2b.png[/atsimg]

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net

The gathered a panel of hosts, include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies, with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
Ahabstar
12m8keall2c
Asktheanimals
Advisor
Luke
Bear Truth
Ryan and
David Wendell of Bushcraft On Fire

Tonight we will be talking about practical survival in a real life possible SHTF scenario and reading and responding to more of your threads

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us some listeners while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. And be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where soon you can listen to our past shows!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there.
edit on 2/16/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/23/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
T-30 minutes and counting!!!

Please join us for the show!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Welland Ontario and Dallas Tx spinning on your little globe with me....

ETA: Fairbanks Alaska too...almost missed you....
edit on 16-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Looking forward to the show tonight.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
ready for the SHTF situation right now........ ok....maybe not quite...... but at least it's cozy next to the wood stove. I've got five cords of well seasoned maple left and the winter ahead seems to be mild enough. Fingers Crossed. There's hardly any ice built up on the shores of Lake Huron so fishing's a breeze.

Survival?...... as long as the power is on and i've got internet...... no problems.

get on with the show dag nabbit.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

If you look at geographical areas, where would be the safest place..in your opinion to be living for a SHTF?
taking into account, tornado's, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, ect.
With yellowstone being a super volcano...it kinda takes that area out of the equasion. Any ideas on this?

Once your away from ground zero so to speak..with your preps, and say you have all you need..where would you want to be and why?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's impossible to be 100% correct on picking any one place as being "safe". Sure....you can make some good logical choices...... don't settle on the sides of volcanoes....... in the shadow of nuclear power plants or on earthquake fault lines but the rest is just playing the odds.

Tornadoes or bad storms can happen pretty well anywhere in many areas of North America and Southern Canada so no getting away from those. Lightning can strike you anywhere as well.....so don't wear your tin foil hat when there are signs of a storm. And even if there aren't earthquake faultlines in your area..... hey! It's a big planet and stuff happens.

All sorts of things can happen to you.....anywhere. The thing is to find someplace you are comfortable. I personally look for a place with plenty of fresh water available via lakes, rivers and underwater springs and aquafers. Without clean, fresh water to drink, your survival days are numbered. Then, there is the matter of food...... a temperate climate is good....someplace you can plant a garden and where there are an abundance of plants --edible wild plants. And, of course, trees for building material. My location in Canada is ideal for that.

Then there is the matter of game and fish.......again, my location in Canada is excellent for fish and small game.

The only thing I really worry about is people and the factors that I can't control.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Excellent attitude and one that WILL keep you alive

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

There was a report that came out in the mid eighties about the safest places in the US to live

Portland Oregon
Southern West Virginia
ETC

Has to do with prevailing winds and such

Remember that military bases are NOT primary targets as in that type of scenario that would most likely be empty

For primary targets think Ports, major production areas, Silicon Valley, Washington DC

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I hope this is a kosher place to ask these . . .

1. RE the thread about the friends heading off to mysterious New Madrid FEMA stuff . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have any impressions, sources, info to add to

A) the New Madrid situation
B) the FEMA related issues
C) the gulf of Mexico reaching to the Great Lakes after a series of quakes in the Mississippi valley???

2. What odds do you guesstimate that we'll have WW3 this year? What's your best guess as to when, if so?

3. What are your impressions, info re the looming likelihood of megaquakes in the Pacific Nortwest and off California?

4. What are your thoughts and impressions on 'terrorists' lighting off nukes in the USA this year?

5. Do you give any credance to the purported HAARP influences on

A) weather
B) quakes
C) volcanoes?

6. What percentage of your parents and siblings are awake and even 50% prepped?
--of your extended family?
--of your workmates?
--of your church and/or other social associates?

I value and respect your perceptiveness and studied, informed background in such areas. And this seems to be your thread on the general topic so I thought it would be OK to ask such here.

Blessings,

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I hope you're rural enough.

I really do believe that Dimitru Duduman's 'seeing' in dreams and visions Russia attacking through Canada and the East Coast will come to pass.

www.handofhelp.com...

It seems logical to me that Canadians in remote rural areas would likely be left alone for quite a while . . . unless they were on a major military flight line from point A to point B.

new topics

top topics

join