It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could reproducing astronauts evolve into Greys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just watching the ISS footage from NASA TV
www.nasa.gov...

The astronauts seem so huge and their body shape odd for space-travel.

I wonder if over time, communities of astronauts on journeys over vast distances will have offspring on the journeys who tend towards the following body transformations:

1. Height decreases as no advantage.
2. Weight/muscle decreases as no advantage.
3. Brain size increases as advantage.
4. Mouth size decreases as food is pre-digested.
5. Eye size increases as advantage.
6. Ear lobes shrink as no advantage.
6. Skin changes to grey - uncertain of advantage.

Maybe the theory that greys are simply humans from the future could be true.
edit on 16-2-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Grey skin could be some form of natural radiation shielding?

Dont forget no nose or sinus because that sense is quite unnecessary and very prone to infection. Another missing trait from greys.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is how I see it.

True however on the moon low gravity would cause humans to grow larger. Places with high gravity would casue humans to grow shorter.

Depends upon environment: Gravity levels as above. High gravity environment would require great strength. Low gravity environment would require low strength.

Humans at the moment have a decreasing brain size as it becomes more efficient ( areas on brain outranked by outer areas not needed) However in the long run larger brain could be an advantage, but the reason the brain is getting smaller some believe is because it has reached it's functional maximum size.

Mouth size could be right but only if food pre-processed. Also would require no teeth.

A larger eye size would allow better night vision but would be partly determined by the head size.

True they serve no purpose.

6. Skin changes to grey - uncertain of advantage
None I can see. Camoflage not needed, grey environment.
edit on 16-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
been watching to much fake stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Or even more pertinently, could shopping trolleys evolve into steamships?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
However humans have been getting shorter and weaker for a very long time. So future of humans on this planet would be shorter, weaker. Brain size of humans is reducing, getting more efficient. But once it is efficient it may increase again. So far we would be a midget with a similar size brain. Possible human future, a leprechaun, like the film "Darby O gill and the little people" but with more advanced little people.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Holy # leprechauns are us from the future, same goes for the occult dwarfs from German mythology.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
As far as evolution is concerned: sure, I would say it's plausible but there's so many other shapes/forms we could take too.

On another note, I think by the time we become advanced enough to travel through "vast distances of space" our technology will be so far advanced that we're much more likely to change our own appearances and characteristics ourselves long before evolution ever would.
edit on 16-2-2012 by CelestialObserver because: minor details

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Since when are Astronauts a race?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
However humans have been getting shorter and weaker for a very long time. So future of humans on this planet would be shorter, weaker. Brain size of humans is reducing, getting more efficient. But once it is efficient it may increase again. So far we would be a midget with a similar size brain. Possible human future, a leprechaun, like the film "Darby O gill and the little people" but with more advanced little people.

The future is here! I'm exactly 5 ft tall, 110 lbs...big brown eyes....

So, you are saying I'm the new Barbie doll for the future....yay...everyone wants to be me.....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

i think you are on the right track with your opinion
i think having no ears as for the grey's they dont need ears for hearing cuz they can read your mind
but still they supposed to have small holes right were the ear slope would be
could mean they need those holes for pressure compensation or something
just a thought

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If we begin to live on space ships instead of planets I could see this being the outcome. I mean in the long run wouldn't it be safer to stay on a ship instead of a unstable planet that could eventually explode or collapse on itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by samaria

A big function of ears are that they are used for balance, zero G does not require much if any balance

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Don't quote me on this, it is purely speculation but I have a similar theory:

Perhaps the 'Greys' are us from the future. Maybe we have traveled back in time and that is what UFOs are.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Mr. Confusion here, with another question. I thought evolution took thousands and thousands of years. How long are these guys going to be in their ship?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not ridiculing your idea, but, in consideration that evolution typically takes millions of years, and the distances involved with space travel (with current technologies and understanding of the universe), if there were some species, any species anywhere, or any when in the universe, naked mole rats, bats, or a bowl of jello gelatin left out could eventually evolve into greys.

65 million + years ago, age of dinosaurs and all, we, humans, were pretty much more or less naked mole rats.

Given those kinds of time scales, dependent on resources, competitive advantages/disadvantages, pretty much anything could evolve into ... well anything else.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Interesting theory! I'd like to add that our piloting abilities in the distant future aren't that great, given the UFO crashes and all.

I also heard that we're actually getting taller. I'm taller than my father, when he was my age he peaked at 5'11" and I'm 6'1". I know it's not much but I am taller. And my brother is taller than his dad too. Heard it was something to do with hormones in chicken or something. Can't say it's 100% true, it's just something I heard a while back.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345

Are you sure humans are growing shorter over time?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't believe that astronauts would be the only ones susceptible to these physical changes, but your average human would be.

6. Skin changes to grey - uncertain of advantage.

Many of the changes you listed above would be a result of less physical exercise since the average person, especially children, are sitting in front of computers, TV, and video games. The fact that our food is lacking in nutritional value would also lead to decreased height and muscle loss. I believe that not having ear lobes, otherwise known as attached ear lobes, is a genetic factor. I have attached ear lobes and this is seen in most of my family members. Larger eyes would also be a change caused by sitting in the dark staring at a screen. Always wearing sunglasses may also cause this. Smaller mouths may be a change caused by a decreased need for speech as more and more people are chatting on computers and texting. If the Earthly transition leads to telepathy, this is another reason why we would not need speech and the mouth size would decrease. The skin would change to grey because we're always inside away from the sun, so our bodies would stop producing melatonin causing the grey tinge.

I also have another theory as to why these physical changes are taking place and it has to do with pesticides.
You can read my thread here. www.abovetopsecret.com...
I don't expect people to agree with my views in the thread above. It's just an observation.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
People getting taller may be caused by the growth hormones in meats, too.
If this were to stop, we would probably see children growing at a slower pace and not becoming sexually mature so early.

new topics

top topics

join