It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by stigup
I believe that is the seal of the state of NY. Probably used by NY elections dept.
1. In the center, a shield reveals the sun rising behind Mount Beacon over the Hudson River. "The shield symbolizes in the full sun the name and idea of Old York and the old world; the mountains, river and meadow, with the ships, convey the name and idea of New York in the new world."
2. To the right, Justice is ready to fight tyranny with her sword held high.
3. Liberty on the left, holds her foot on the overthrown English Crown. "This New York is supported by Justice and Liberty, and discards monarchy."
4. The world globe is displayed above the shield. "By exhibiting the eastern and western continents on the globe, the old and new are brought together;"
5. Above the world globe soars the eagle. "while the eagle on the crest proclaims," Westward the course of empire takes its way."
6. The bottom ribbon exclaims "Excelsior," which means "still higher" or "ever upward."