It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intolerable Acts – Against America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Like many disgusting, unpatriotic, anti-civil liberty actions forced down the throats of Americans these days, NDAA seems to have come and gone with regard to the amount of attention it’s getting. Whether it’s ‘old news’ to some or not, the fact is that NDAA is alive and well and our current POTUS has granted himself the power to indefinitely detain American citizens suspected (by him) of being “belligerents.”

The Intolerable Acts refers to two time periods in American history. The first such acts were implemented by the British Parliament and the King of England against the American Colonies just prior to the American Revolution, and were also known as the "Coercive Acts." The second such period of tyrannical oppression on the God-given Rights of the People began shortly after the attacks of 9/11/2001, and included several Acts of Congress that were signed into law by Presidents G.W. Bush and Barack Obama.
link

Listen to Senator Graham fearmongering and pandering to patriotic Americans! This propaganda in support of NDAA is complete BS.

When you listened to the description of terrorist Sen. Graham gave did you realize that he was talking about YOU and ME? Well, he was!

So how does a person qualify as a potential domestic terrorist? Based on the training I have attended, here are characteristics that qualify:

• Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
• Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
• Survivalist literature (fictional books such as “Patriots” and “One Second After” are mentioned by name)
• Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
• Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
• Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
• Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
• Homeschooling
• Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
• Belief in a New World Order conspiracy
link

I wasn’t sure if many of you Americans have seen this but there is now a coalition of groups united to oppose NDAA. This issue must not be allowed to die here in America or our freedoms will die with it.

What say you? Is this a non-issue now to you (Americans)?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"It allows us to bend you over and stick you know what where and for how hard and how long we want" - Senator Graham

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What Senator Graham failed to mention to the members of our armed forces is that when you come home, have a multitude of health problems, and find ou the truth and become angry; you become said "terrorist". How much more blatently can it be. They might as well just come out and say if you will not be one of our drones you will labeled a terrorist and treated as an enemy combatant. Everyday here in Amcorp we are drawing closer to civil war. And if people are afraid to voice their opinions because of unconstitutional law, well they shouldn't be. Our founding fathers and the true patriots of the American Revolution didn't achieve their goals by giving in and being afraid. We must be willing to sacrifice if we wish to give our children and the future generations the gift of liberty and freedom as we once had in this country. If I were to have to sacrifice my life or my freedom to ensure my daughter see's a world without the insanity we currently have, then so be it. How many more out there are willing to make simaler sacrifices? What more will it take for this issue to reach critcal mass?

edit on 16/2/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
thats quite supprising.

Basicly advoting a weak and reliant society not a strong one.

eyes are opened.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks, seabag, for bringing this up.

I have a bad case of spinning head. We have seen how Presidents, most notably Clinton with his "it depends on what the definition of "is" is," and our current President have twisted and used misleading language to accomplish their goals. That is the weakness of these provisions of the NDAA.

I can imagine what they were trying to do, and it was a good idea, but the vagaries of language have created very dangerous language that a word-twister can take advantage of.

Miscellaneous thoughts:
Can a new administration repair the damage?
How will the courts treat this? Unconstitutional due to vagueness? What if Obama gets to appoint more Justices to the Supreme Court?
Will the vast number of "citizen terrorists" to monitor overwhelm the system and prevent it from working at all?
If the soldiers are coming back angry, will the police be just as angry? What then?

Thanks again, seabag, for the thread. You know I'm a big fan.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

thats quite supprising.

Basicly advoting a weak and reliant society not a strong one.

eyes are opened.

Who is advocating a weaker society?

I’m not following you…Are you referring to Sen. Graham or the NDAA law or a post from one of us?

edit on 16-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You always add to the conversation, Charles!

Miscellaneous thoughts:
Can a new administration repair the damage?

I hope so and believe so…but the jury is out on that one!

How will the courts treat this? Unconstitutional due to vagueness?

It hasn’t been challenged in court yet but your next question provides the answer..

What if Obama gets to appoint more Justices to the Supreme Court?

Then we’re screwed!!

Will the vast number of "citizen terrorists" to monitor overwhelm the system and prevent it from working at all?

I hope so because we’re all on that list.

I think the majority of the country can and will overwhelm any conspiracy to completely silence the American will.

THE ANSWER!!

If the soldiers are coming back angry, will the police be just as angry? What then?

I think the LINK I provided above answers that question. We will never know unless it happens and I hope we never find out!
edit on 16-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We were screwed when we elected Reagan, who immediately began taking away our righst on excuse of the war on drugs.

We were screwed even further under GW who began the confiscation of people's lands under the war on drugs.

We were screwed the most when we elected GW, who probably had a hand in setting up 9/11, and then pushed the grossly overboard patriot act.

When you wake up to these realities, then you begin to be enabled to start to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We were screwed when we elected Reagan, who immediately began taking away our righst on excuse of the war on drugs.

We were screwed even further under GW who began the confiscation of people's lands under the war on drugs.

We were screwed the most when we elected GW, who probably had a hand in setting up 9/11, and then pushed the grossly overboard patriot act.

When you wake up to these realities, then you begin to be enabled to start to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Ya, I hear that a lot. So why don’t you put it together for us in a thread? Spread your knowledge!!

The reality on the ground (today) is what it is.

It’s easy to lay blame but the questions lie in how we go about fixing it, right?

My thread ‘illuminated’ the collaboration of groups working to un-F the situation. Can you point to others?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What say you? Is this a non-issue now to you (Americans)?

I think this is an issue for everyone. Certainly my country seems to follow the lead of the U.S.A. so it is indeed something for me to be mindful of, to maintain awareness towards and to watch closely how this plays out over there.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You didn't answer my question.

Here are links to threads I have started.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could go on and on.

Organizations I recommend.

hub.numbersusa.com...

www.mpp.org...

I added you as a friend so I can follow your threads. I think we are on the same side, we just have differing ideas as to how to move forward.
edit on 16-2-2012 by poet1b because: Add last line

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Isn't the US supposed to be a mdel for other nations? Isn't that supposed to be America's "thing". Be a model for other nations to aspire to????

So why are we constantly preading fear and propaganda concerning Muslims? It's so dusgusting.
Funny how the ones who are always flapping their gums about Muslims have never met a Muslim or they don't know any Muslims.

Here's a tip. Let's get the flying Fu^& out of their nations and figure out real quick, that like the Crusades or any war for that matter, more violence and fear does nothing but worsen the problem.

There are times for war and times for focusing on home. Right now is time for home. This country doesn't know how to choose its battles. All our foreign policy is driven by greed. How can anything good come from that?
edit on 16-2-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by seabag

You didn't answer my question.

Here are links to threads I have started.

I could go on and on.

Organizations I recommend.

hub.numbersusa.com...

www.mpp.org...

I added you as a friend so I can follow your threads. I think we are on the same side, we just have differing ideas as to how to move forward.
edit on 16-2-2012 by poet1b because: Add last line

What question?

I will gladly check out the links you provided and respond.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So how does a person qualify as a potential domestic terrorist? Based on the training I have attended, here are characteristics that qualify:

• Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
• Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
• Survivalist literature (fictional books such as “Patriots” and “One Second After” are mentioned by name)
• Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
• Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
• Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
• Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
• Homeschooling
• Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
• Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

Well lets see. Libertarian philosophy...check
second amendment views...Check
Survivalist literature...check
Self-sufficiency....check
fear of economic collapse...check
book of revelation...check
fears of big brother....check
homeschooling....no kids
declarations of rights and civil liberties....check
New world order...check

Well that's all but one. Come and get me. (holds out hands for the cuffs and opens shirt for the tazering to begin)

Like your avatar.S&F good post

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Do you see that both parties are chipping away at our rights (although I would argue in different ways)?

We need to identify how the demos and repubs work in their unique ways, resulting in the same problem, stripping us of our rights.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Do you see that both parties are chipping away at our rights (although I would argue in different ways)?

Of course…the second paragraph of my OP (external source) casts blame on both parties.

The second such period of tyrannical oppression on the God-given Rights of the People began shortly after the attacks of 9/11/2001, and included several Acts of Congress that were signed into law by Presidents G.W. Bush and Barack Obama.

We need to identify how the demos and repubs work in their unique ways, resulting in the same problem, stripping us of our rights.

The main difference is that Dems spend more on entitlements while Repubs spend more on defense. When it all boils down both parties start wars, both spend more than we take in, both expand the size and scope of government, and both have unconstitutionally usurped the powers of congress and the people. The two-party system is failing because the two parties are simply two disastrous versions of the same evil.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

wow, thanks seabag,

this stuff is IMO, the greatest threat to America since WW2.

It's not old news....it's still happening. It will be old when we burry it and spit on its grave.

What happened to the USA we all grew up loving?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Its still there. You still have the right to shout at the top of your lungs to get any legislation you dont like overturned.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

yes sir, that is true...

we finally agree.....nice

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The main difference is that Dems spend more on entitlements while Repubs spend more on defense.

No.

Republicans spend far more on entitlements, the difference being that their entitlements go to corporations, who are by far the biggest welfare queens.

Republicans don't support Defense of the U.S., illegal immigration and 9/11 proved that. Republicans have also created the lions share of our national debt. Remember, 2009 is the last year of a GW budget.

www.usgovernmentdebt.us...

The two parties are not the same, that is just propaganda nonsense, they create their own unique problems, and that needs to be recognized.

edit on 17-2-2012 by poet1b because: add last line.

<<   2 >>

join