It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NanoSpire, Inc. Successfully Harnesses Cavitation Zero Point Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Press Release

Was doing some research & came across this new press release from Nanospire, who claim to have "Successfully Harness[ed] Cavitation Zero Point Energy to Produce Dramatic Levels of Fusion & Transmutation In Water". Apart from the nanotechnology applications, they've also 'developed several advanced technologies for energy production.' It's a semi-lengthy read; they have extra information on their website as well.

February 10, 2012 - Nanospire, Inc. is announcing successful completion of its investigation of fusion produced by the phenomena of cavitation in water, providing profound implications for the utilities and energy industries. Under the right conditions, cavitation, a form of boiling, can produce high speed jets as the cavitation bubbles collapse.NanoSpire has pioneered the controlled formation and aiming of these (known as re-entrant) jets, resulting in four recently issued patents. The technology reaches across many markets, including many applications in nanotechnology and energy. Examples of core applications include nano/micro fabrication, targeted drug delivery, microsurgery, photovoltaic solar, cost-effective algae oil extraction for producing biodiesel and fusion.

A laser, ultrasound or other energy source is used to create small high-energy vapor bubbles through phase transition. The collapse of cavitation bubbles in close proximity to a wall generate supersonic liquid microjets naturally pointed towards a wall or other restriction to the collapse of the bubble. NanoSpire’s patented methods build on, but go beyond the energetic process seen in nature. The size, strength and direction of cavitation reentrant microjets can be controlled by our patented methods to a very high degree of accuracy. Cavitation microjets can travel at up to Mach 4 and are capable of drilling a hole as small as a few nanometers in a diamond. Multiple controlled bubbles are also possible allowing lines to be machined as well as other form factors and machining applications. Cavitation allows a high aspect ratio machining to be obtained and is very repeatable.

Nanospire Inc.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Wow Raelsatu, that was some astonishing research you presented.
Of course I already knew about some of the cavitation effects and nuclear processes that people talked about.
But this was NEW to me, nice and S&F for you. Well earned as I may say.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And the fat ladys finally warming up to begin her song.

This is what we have been looking for right here.... this is gonna make everything else look like E-CAT crap.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This looks legit!

Finally, something has come of Casimir's experiment.

We've been waiting for this for so long.

edit on 16/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ah, the bubble fusion stuff again. But why is it that there is zero independent validation?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I predict this will go nowhere.

They won't get the funding as people won't believe it due to lack of independent peer review. They won't be willing to subject it to proper open scientific scrutiny in case the IP get stolen (or its exposed as bunk).

I really hope to be wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That's nice.

Except I find it discouraging that one of it's selling points is "cost-effective algae oil extraction for producing biodiesel and fusion".

So we have this super awesome source of energy, and we're gonna use it to keep making hydrocarbon based fuel?

That's nice. Still on hydrocarbons..

We're never gonna get invited to the galactic party.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

thats exactly why this one might be real.

Flooding hte planet with greenhouse gasses to reduce the effects of earths periodic iceages wouldnt be backed be the majority of the world i think.. its a long shot...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
That's nice.

Except I find it discouraging that one of it's selling points is "cost-effective algae oil extraction for producing biodiesel and fusion".

So we have this super awesome source of energy, and we're gonna use it to keep making hydrocarbon based fuel?

That's nice. Still on hydrocarbons..

We're never gonna get invited to the galactic party.

There's a big installed base of petrol powered vehicles.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Is it just me but I thought zero point energy was got from nothing yet they use a laser whats zero point about that

How much energy to power the laser compared to the work the bubble does!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you for the input. However, zero point energy is 'got' from nothing? I'm not sure if that's the definition or meaning.

Zero-point energy is the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may have; it is the energy of its ground state.

The calculation that underlies the Casimir experiment, a calculation based on the formula predicting infinite vacuum energy, shows the zero-point energy of a system consisting of a vacuum between two plates will decrease at a finite rate as the two plates are drawn together. The vacuum energies are predicted to be infinite, but the changes are predicted to be finite. Casimir combined the projected rate of change in zero-point energy with the principle of conservation of energy to predict a force on the plates. The predicted force, which is very small and was experimentally measured to be within 5% of its predicted value, is finite.[12] Even though the zero-point energy is theoretically infinite, there is as yet no practical evidence to suggest that infinite amounts of zero-point energy are available for use, that zero-point energy can be withdrawn for free, or that zero-point energy can be used in violation of conservation of energy.

The discovery of the zero point energy based LeClair Effect triggering fusion, fission and large scale elemental transmutation by Mark LeClair and Serge Lebid was historic and could solve both the energy and natural resource crisises. The LeClair Effect explains excess heat and transmutation observed in electrolytic cells (Pons, Fleischmann & others) and by hydrodynamic means such as the Griggs pump or sonofusion (ultrasound), cavitation is present in all of them. The current technology could easily provide large scale production of hot water for residential, commercial and industrial hot water at a capital and operating cost far lower than fossil fuel, nuclear and other LENR-based technologies. NanoSpire is currently seeking investors, licensees or joint venture partners to accelerate commercialization and development of the technology.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Is it just me but I thought zero point energy was got from nothing yet they use a laser whats zero point about that

Its addressed in the article with quoted figures for energy input and output. However unless these experiments are repeated with an independent review people won't believe it due to the potential for experimental error or deliberate mis-reporting of results.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Its addressed in the article with quoted figures for energy input and output. However unless these experiments are repeated with an independent review people won't believe it due to the potential for experimental error or deliberate mis-reporting of results.

Yes had a look they also give the dimension of the so called reactor 1.25” ID by 12” so we could calculate the approx volume of water they claim a temp rise of 18 c so we could work out approx enrgy required and see if it matches the claims of 2.9 kW of hot water. They claim it was done 12 times dont know input and output energy 840w in for 2.9kw out was for 1 or all 12 runs together.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
S+F

Good thread .

new topics

top topics

join