It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micro Chip to deliver drugs to patients wirelessly.. What the-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Now some FDA will require these things in patients to administer their drugs for them, or they won't be able to get the drugs they need... I can see it coming.

Here's a quote:

"The device may someday allow patients to avoid daily injections of medication and permit doctors to adjust their doses from afar, said the study which appears in the journal Science Translational Medicine.

"We hope this really is the dawn of a whole new way of thinking about delivering medications," said co-author Robert Langer, a professor of cancer research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology."

"For the 200 million people worldwide with osteoporosis, and for patients with many other diseases, taking a daily injection is not an appealing way to take every day for a chronic disease that you may face for the rest of your life."

------Ok, so lets let a computer chip give it to us and have it wirelessly in someone elses hands???

I don't get this one. Would any of you do this??

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyFever

Seems like this would be a rather easy way to kill a person and label it an electronic malfunction. And then we have real malfunctions to consider. If it's wireless, it also opens up the door for hackers to mess around with their doses. Not a very good idea imo.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's like they're violating our basic human rights on purpose.
The sad thing is, the majority of people will probably consider it ''inventive'' and ''trendy''.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why not? Think of what is being delivered to you all day long when you watch television, digital dumbness.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It would be useful for schizophrenics who keep ending up in mental hospitals because they don't stay on their meds. (Which taxpayers have to pay for, BTW). HOWEVER, I would NOT advocate putting it in a patient against their will if it was explained to them while they're in a clear state.

One of the largest Medicaid drains financially is people with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar (with psychotic features) who don't stay on their medication. I've seen some of these people with dozens and dozens of repeat hospital stays - usually 7 to 20 days a stint. They don't get sent unless they are dangerous to themselves or others, or incapable of basic self care. I've seen many of these folks EACH cost the system MILLIONS of dollars.

top topics

join