It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop: Obama budget cuts funding to lab that would replace Plum Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Bishop: Obama budget cuts funding to lab that would replace Plum Island

suffolktimes.timesrevie w.com

Congressman Tim Bishop announced Tuesday that President Barack Obama’s budget provides no 2013 funding to the new national biological and agricultural defense facility in Manhattan, Kansas that would replace the Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

view link for full story
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
im so glad this was not put in our " bread basket " i have been following this for a few years now. and as i dont like the run down shack that is plumb island. i dont want it on main land either
havent heard of much on ATS on this so i though i would bring some light back to the issue

you can thank plumb island for lyme disease

suffolktimes.timesrevie w.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

I thought the article said Plum Island would remain. So if it's a run down shack now, wouldn't it just get worse? Wouldn't we want that kind of research in the newest, safest place we could get?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Finally, a budget cut that I can agree with.

Let the whole thing just colapse. Better yet... just burn the place down.

edit on 16-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

it would move from a bio lv-3 ( animals ) to a bio lv-4 ( human infections ) in our nations bred basket. lyme already escaped from the lv-3 at plumb i would not want to see gets " released " from a lv-4

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Dear omegacorps,

I think I understand you, but they must be doing level 4 work somewhere already. Do you happen to know why the new facility was proposed? Was it to replace the existing level 4? Or did they need new level 4 space for their work? Or. . .?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Glad to hear this, since I live 10 miles from Plum Island and know the effects of these kinds of facilities. We have the highest rate of people and animals with Lyme's disease and mosquitos that carry heart worm and other crazy things. I swear last year when the closed the facility down we had a huge amount of mosquitos last year, more than normal. You couldn't step 10 feet out the house without having 6 mosquitos on you. I guess they released their inmates, the mosquito.

Plus I don't think it is ever necessary messing with mother nature.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Plum Island was being sold for $14 million, but I doubt anyone would ever want to live there. Killer insects AHHH

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Such research has been done (and is still being done) in USAMRIID ... unless I am mistaken.

Also, many research hospitals and facilities are planning to 'get in the game' via DHS grant initiatives. More robust project management and resource networking allows for a less centralized approach to such research.... In other words, 'coming to a town near you' is not too far off..... and you may never know.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

they want to move plumb island lab to manhattan kansas. from what i gathered it was going to be on keen st an manhattan ave. they wanted to make plum into a lv 4 and move it there. and close the island and sell the land. you can google earth and time line there construction it's quite extent. i think they just made it any way and said they cut the funding. IMO that is.

the road behind the building is called serum plant rd. for F*** sake.
edit on 16-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
All right, I suspect this is off-topic, and with a Mod on the thread I'll probably get shot or banned, but I want to thank all of you. I had never heard of level anything research facilities, and you have all been immense helps. This is ATS at it's finest, spreading knowledge on significant but underreported issues. Thanks again.

Now, where do you recommend I go to find out more about this work?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
it is all over really it just depends what side you want to look at it from. the montoak monsters and plumb island, camp hero and plumb island, or just the history of it. we started it with a nazi scientist brought over in " project paper clip " Erich Traub.

www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
this is where i started. " project paperclip " and the SHTF from there on out. from crappy filters to some one going from positive air pressure to negative pressure. that simple mistake gave us lyme on deer ticks. among others.
edit on 16-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Bishop works with the Vatican and Obama is a friend of the Pope and they all are together in the plannning and caring of what will happen here. Vatican the msot evil place on earth.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just look at the pope, go to google search

not the nicest sight LOL

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

edit on Thu Feb 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt tio fix link

edit on Thu Feb 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
Glad to hear this, since I live 10 miles from Plum Island and know the effects of these kinds of facilities. We have the highest rate of people and animals with Lyme's disease

I also live in Suffolk County. Did it occur to you that Lyme is correlated with deer and other animal population that's out of control? There are a few thousand deer living on the land occupied by BNL. Most people I know had car accidents involving a deer.

No labs on Plum means 100 less good jobs in Suffolk.

new topics

top topics

join