It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Of You Will Not Believe Some Of The Things Americans Are Doing Just To Survive

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
look, we as a country have become very used to our lifestyle. we love instant gratification, famous people, fast food, and gossip. weve had it good compared to other countries. sure it hits close to home now, but this is something that never stopped. look at ethiopia, some parts of south africa. people starve, and get mistreated all the time. but now its in our own country and oh crap, gotta do somethin about it. you know what we do? GET THAT FILTHY LYING HYPOCRITICAL SOB out of office and get somebody with some substance in there. ron paul will bend all those young whippersnappers over his knee and give em a good what fer. im sad to hear its coming to this, living in sewers and such. maybe we need to go back to our roots and become mountain men again. just ignore the govt and supply ourself. what am i sayin, they be like heck no, you pay your dues you sheep. use your own wool that you grew, you crazy?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by Night Star

this will sound politically correct to most of you but

while millions of illegals

define an illegal human being.

it's a ridiculous thing someone can be deemed an illegal human being.

border patrol agent: Hey you Chavez, the second your cross this imaginairy line you're an illegal human being!

Chavez: que?

i can't put my mind around that concept.

They are never called illegal humans, more like illegally here in this nation. There is a distinction, noone ever claims they aren't human, just hat they illegally are here in the country. get it right.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just for thoose who think it is easy to get assistance in the USA (while being honest on the application).

I applied for medical assistance to help cover the cost of my meds (currently over 1/4 of my income).

First I was told because I own two cars one for me and one for my wife.( 2001 Ford Explorer with 212,000 miles and 2006 Chevy Colbalt 77,000 miles) that I have to much money in assets.

So I appealed the decision and reapplied, this time I was turned down because I make more than 2550 dollars in six months. Six Months.

Just over 100 dollars a week income, could my wife and I even eat for that much?

So now I take half portions of my meds and skip them when I can.

I guess unless you lie, or dont work, or dont pay a mortgage, or own a car worth more than $3000, or come here illegally. You dont qualify for assistance.

I just wanted affordable health insurance or something in that order. Not full medical coverage, cash handouts and food stamps.

I guess some people will be flaming me for not being able to afford my own insurance or whatever. Or not finding a different job that does offer medical coverage.

But then again I dont feel compelled to discuss my entire situation online. Just compelled to share some real facts with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
it's good to see that jobs are getting shipped out of the western world and mainly into Asia. Balances things up, after hundreds of years of oppression. After all these jobs should stay in Asia, because the main consumer market more and more shifts into Asia.

The West has always been passionate and always will be, America particularly took nothing from Asia, we are the civilization we are because we were motivated, the only thing wrong is that we are like a child after a big meal, we became sluggish and all it will take is a very short period of dealing with the consequences to get motivated again. you eat too much you get sick for a time and you learn and come through it stronger than ever.

"it's good to see the jobs being shipped out" Indonesia... a Nation that has never in all of history done anything for itself or accomplished anything and your bragging about what amounts to a gift given out of lethargy that won't last, it's almost humorous, because as a people for all intents and purposes your mindset now and for all of a century has been that your owed something from those that accomplished more than you, a disease of a mindset that has infected America for a very short period of time and is at least acknowledged,

When this "phase" is over in America. Indonesia will still be, the way we are now and your words echo that, you are owed something lol, a mindset that has persisted for centuries, In America people like myself scream to wake others up and activate them, this wont last long, but your words are telling

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is what revolutions are made of, wait till half the population are in dire situations like this. That will bring "change you can believe in".

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan
Just for thoose who think it is easy to get assistance in the USA (while being honest on the application).

I applied for medical assistance to help cover the cost of my meds (currently over 1/4 of my income).

First I was told because I own two cars one for me and one for my wife.( 2001 Ford Explorer with 212,000 miles and 2006 Chevy Colbalt 77,000 miles) that I have to much money in assets.

So I appealed the decision and reapplied, this time I was turned down because I make more than 2550 dollars in six months. Six Months.

Just over 100 dollars a week income, could my wife and I even eat for that much?

I guess unless you lie, or dont work, or dont pay a mortgage, or own a car worth more than $3000, or come here illegally. You dont qualify for assistance.

I just wanted affordable health insurance or something in that order. Not full medical coverage, cash handouts and food stamps.

I guess some people will be flaming me for not being able to afford my own insurance or whatever. Or not finding a different job that does offer medical coverage.

But then again I dont feel compelled to discuss my entire situation online. Just compelled to share some real facts with you.

I'd like to know "why you need meds"

why you have to have a car

why do you need a mortgage

Antibiotics, vaccinations and low rate of birth death account for 90% of our longevity, walking or riding a bike is healthy and if the mortgage wont let you save money why do you need it?

I am not accusing, but I hear thing that really explain why MOST people are screwed right now

Concepts like... I need my ,eds but ye you drive don;t exercise or even walk right? you have a house that costs how much more than a small apartment?

That one bugs me the most (and in all respect we ALL fell into this trap) me too at one point

wanting NOW

a 30 yr mortgage? plus interest, lets say 2 G a month avg vs a 500 apartment and they charge you interest over 30 years so you could be putting over that time 1.5 into investments to make your money earn money, but instead of collecting Interest your paying Interest

How many houses could you buy for cash done with patience?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Ouch, I know some states are in the process of relaxing the rules, wehre i am they have a program that is sliding for insurance based upon what you CAN pay if anything..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Amazing the amount of people on this thread sticking their fingers n their ears and squinting through rose colored glasses. The number of selfish, fearful cowards trying to ignore the real catastrophy of poverty by blaming imaginary scam artists. You bunch make me sick.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

I would say emigrate to Canada, but you can do that only if you are well off to begin with.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
lol why do we buy into this crap??? I'm picking on no one, I understand...

So much we can't live without, health insurance a 30 year mortgage so much stuff we all MUST HAVE. with Internet I have conversation, with legs I walk... I'm doing better

We have to release from all this preceptive NEED

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

There is very little real poverty in America, just an illusion of a lifestyle that we were programmed to believe we can't live without. a lot of greed and a loss of being in touch with out inner selves

I', at a loss right now too, but i'm honest, if I pooled all the money I partied with over the last 20 years I could pay cash for huge house right now and have left over for some time to come, we wasted a lot and on things that were worthless in the first place, we are all guilty

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Your right

We are so lost as a culture understanding that getting some fresh air and sunshine can alleviate your woes is lost on most people. they need "Meds" and if they don't get them they can not be happy and healthy

and lol if your just spamming to that site, well at least your doing something about it ROFLMAO

It's all the more amusing, i'm too tired to do the math...

But Vitamin D, Sunshine, 70% less colds, 30% less heart attacks, add up the amount spent on sunscreen. the time lost on work and productivity. health insurance, medical bills

Because some NUT convinced us to stay out of the sun and buy crap that actually makes us sick instead

WE buy anything, we have screwed up kids some other nut convinced women not to breast feed and buy formula instead for like 2 decades, people complain the gov spends a trillion on defense...

They are just a reflection of us BUYING into every fear some sales person throws at them

edit on 17-2-2012 by lordnightstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker

Originally posted by nagabonar
it's good to see that jobs are getting shipped out of the western world and mainly into Asia. Balances things up, after hundreds of years of oppression. After all these jobs should stay in Asia, because the main consumer market more and more shifts into Asia.

The West has always been passionate and always will be, America particularly took nothing from Asia, we are the civilization we are because we were motivated, the only thing wrong is that we are like a child after a big meal, we became sluggish and all it will take is a very short period of dealing with the consequences to get motivated again. you eat too much you get sick for a time and you learn and come through it stronger than ever.

"it's good to see the jobs being shipped out" Indonesia... a Nation that has never in all of history done anything for itself or accomplished anything and your bragging about what amounts to a gift given out of lethargy that won't last, it's almost humorous, because as a people for all intents and purposes your mindset now and for all of a century has been that your owed something from those that accomplished more than you, a disease of a mindset that has infected America for a very short period of time and is at least acknowledged,

When this "phase" is over in America. Indonesia will still be, the way we are now and your words echo that, you are owed something lol, a mindset that has persisted for centuries, In America people like myself scream to wake others up and activate them, this wont last long, but your words are telling

even after decades of mining up indonesia's gold via freeport, you are still under crushing debt. from my point of view it can only get downward unless you change your thousands of rules, laws and restrictions and the endless political bickering among "motivated and highly skilled" Corruptors. Nowadays war is the only way for you to keep the Upperhand, but this will only worsen your situation via debts.

The wheel of time is turning slowly around and we surely enjoy it ! So please... continue shipping your jobs overseas to the ones who should rightfully have it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
What do you expect? American backbone is gone. No more revolutionaries like the Minutemen, willing to stand up to Government intrusion and Elitist Rule. Why are these people living in sewers and tents? They probably lost their jobs and homes. To who?????????? The bankers got the homes after unscrupulous lending. The jobs? The jobs went overseas to boost stocks and bonuses while lowering costs and increasing profit margins. Does anyone stand up for themselves? Why not? No one to focus on? Because there is no Aristocracy and mercenaries or armies controlled by others to fight as we once did in places such as Bunker Hill and Saratoga? Or as the French did during their own revolution?
We have an Aristocracy, only they don't claim titles such as Dukes or Counts or Kings or Queens...... but they are Aristocracy just the same. Their offspring inherit Power and Money. They control elections and therefore laws made in their favor. And we allow it to continue. How? By not standing up to them wherever we might need to, such as at voting booths or on main street. How many people contact their congressmen and women anymore? How many people attend stock holder meetings? How many people living in sewers and tents would like to go back in time and change what they did to avoid being where they are today? We are out-classed in this new Class Warfare. Not in numbers of people, but in numbers of Dollars. I do not advocate any shooting, but if the New Aristocracy of America don't fear for their lives, why should they change? They are winning. They run the government, they run the corporations. So what's left for us except to be obedient serfs...... unless we choose to change matters, as our ancestors once did at Concord. Or Lexington. Or Yorktown.........

Finally someone else who gets it, all I ever see is a bunch of pissing and moaning. my problems are worse than yours... blah blah. I always hear if you don't like it vote for change, well guess what we have and it doesn't work because of the money, it is the golden rule every time "He who has the gold makes the rules". It is time for Americans to stand up and take our country back, time to take action and not this insanity, protest peacefully and let them know we won't lie down and be culled fromt the herd because we don't make 6 figures a year, We won't sit here and fatten your pockets while you ship our jobs overseas. I think every man and woman should find a militia and join it learn what you can; prepare don't just roll over and say "Oh well someone else will do it" cause it will take all of us to make a different, it will take every voice to be heard.
It does suck where we have gotten to now adays with people living in sewers and feeding off whatever they can find. I have to say that alot of the illegal immigration problems are our own fault we let them take the jobs we didn't want because it was too hard or didn't pay enough, we were perfectly happy to live off the system while they did our hard work, Now that times are really hard we wish we had those jobs back, at least they would be something. You want to stop immigration, take away the reason they come over here, get out here and pick those veg or mow those yards.
this was alot of rambling to get across the point, until we do something and take control of our own future, no amount of voting will change anything. Remember the golden rule.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

would you be kind enough to explain what this has to do with this thread?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing.. only those who live it, understand it... the social services system in the US is a sham...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
How many of these millions are actually legal citizens?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just finished watching... Europe in general has much more social security. I wonder why is it so different in the USA?
Obama has 63% chance to get reelected according to booking odds.
That means that most Americans are OK with the situation brought in light by the video. Somehow people think that it is normal, it is poor people fault to be poor...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Medications... why do people need them...you surely jest... you must be kidding...

High blood pressure

Heart Disease

Cancer

Asthma

But to name a few of the hundreds of ailments afflicting human beings which require medical treatment and medications to live.

Apparently you don't read the internet, obviously .

Easy research... check the NIH... the CDC... Mayo Clinic.... The Cleveland Clinic... The Barrow Clinic... your doctor...

If you become afflicted with such a disease, you cannot fix it by walking, eating right, exercising or even prayer. These activities can make your body more healthy, but none CAN FIX IT or repair damage.

edit on 17-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add material

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join