It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negotiator says Iran is willing to resume talks over nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Iran's president offers to resume talks over nuclear program as soon as possible, according to letter sent to EU.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.cnn.com...
edit on 16-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/16/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EXACT headling for BAN submissions.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe the Iranian military has obtained heavy Intel on Israeli jets and troops amassing, not to mention the US ACC's in the Gulf, and was strongly suggested to "resume talks" because they are not "ready" for confrontation.

I think this is the 10th time the Iranian gov't offered to resume talks since 2005.

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Obviously, to buy Khameini more time to build a weapon.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
AHHHH I CANT CLICK THE LINK!

make it click-able bro-ski chief..

Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
cat and mouse game, Iran is the mouse who finds a hole in the wall when being chased, Iran, always coming in and out...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just another ploy to take the heat off for now. Obama is so dumb he will fall for this hook line and sinker. He will also leave Israel no choice but to strike Iran. Reagan would have scared them into submission by now.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It is interesting posturing to say the least.

Iran may be trying to buy some time before being able to back up it's threats to" wipe Israel off the map"?

Like you said this is the 10th time since 2005 Iran has wanted to "resume" talks. Each time it buys them a couple of months before they

1. Kick inspectors out
2. Thumb their nose at the world and say, "NOT!".

I will not be fooled by Amedinijad and his forked tounge. For that fact any politician and their forked tounge!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
fixed.. my bad
edit on 16-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawlz0rz

I think his original source was a CNN Breaking news E-mail. You get them if you have signed up for them.
I got the same one.

Here is a link to the full story:

edit on 16-2-2012 by defuntion because: Xcathdra beat me to it....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

*whew*
(wipes a sweaty brow)
We almost went to . . . um.. . . well. . . . nothing.

It's always been my contention that Obama has done, will do absolutely nothing to make war on Iran.
He did nothing in 2009, and wanted the current regime in power.
He (Obama) has done everything to hold Israel back.

So, in my humble opinion, war was never an issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Didn't North Korea say they same thing many times just as Iran already has? I'll believe it when it happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Just another ploy to take the heat off for now. Obama is so dumb he will fall for this hook line and sinker. He will also leave Israel no choice but to strike Iran. Reagan would have scared them into submission by now.

What is wrong with you?...

The Obama Administration already sent a few strike groups and US ACC's to the region. What more should he do?
Green light an attack?.. Then you'll be in here saying "War Monger Obama"

link   
reply to post by defuntion

ohhhh. i gotta join the secret club to know whats going on huh?

what else is new

haha thanks man ill check it out!

link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Maybe the Iranian military has obtained heavy Intel on Israeli jets and troops amassing, not to mention the US ACC's in the Gulf, and was strongly suggested to "resume talks" because they are not "ready" for confrontation.

I think this is the 10th time the Iranian gov't offered to resume talks since 2005.

Stay tuned.

I think you probably hit it dead on with that guess. Iran has been using the negotiations to play for time and run the clock out for years now. Something must have changed out of public view to spook them. Perhaps Israel is showing signs of immediate action and Iran caught it in time to try and play for another bit of time here.

I think they're playing for time until they can detonate a test nuke out in that enromous empty quarter desert of theirs. The instant that man-made sun lights up, everything changes 180 degrees..and like North Korea..Iran will suddenly find itself with a whole new level of immunity from such talk as military raids.

...... Or they'll start getting bombing runs across their facilities that same day. One of the two.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A rattlesnake makes noise to intimidate and scare off larger predators, and when it fails, it slithers back under a rock.
When it hunts, it strikes without warning.

new topics

top topics

join