It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Suffers Heart Attack While Eating 6000 Calorie Burger At "The Heart Attack Grill"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree, he could have sat in any macdonalds and just ordered 4 big macks and doen the same damage, but resaurants like that PREMOTE dangerous food amounts in a single meal. It presents itself as a challenge to stupid greedy idiots.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Biigs because: typing

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Originally posted by snowspirit
Even the idea that someone could pack away such a burger, shows that they already eat like that.
I think the amount of fat in that burger would make most people sick after a couple of bites.
The healthiest thing on there, they ruined all benefits by soaking and sauteeing a whole onion in lard

I hope the guy recovering in the hospital from that, changes his eating habits now.

You would be surprised. I am only 5'6'' and 120ibs. I must go to the IHOP twice a week to pound down 4 eggs over medium, 2 sides of hash browns, 2 sides of white toast, a bagel with cream cheese, and a belgian waffle with strawberry compote.

*Sigh* Im headed straight for a body bag.

Not at all. What you're eating at IHOP is much healthier. I don't think your breakfast has anywhere near as much of the bad fats as the burger.

My son has to eat that much to maintain his weight, and me too, when I was a bit younger.

They even said on the news that the onion was soaked and then fried in lard, so I think they're trying to make it bad. 15 slices of bacon. I like bacon too, but after 3 or 4 slices, my stomach gets queasy and says stop.

There's good fats and bad, good calories and bad.
The only way you're heading for a body bag, is if you're eating huge amounts AND you're overweight.
Or you're eating the wrong choices in foods.

You would be better off if you switched to whole grain toast and bagel

edit on 16-2-2012 by snowspirit because: fix

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
...but resaurants like that PREMOTE dangerous food amounts in a single meal.

Well, he can't say he wasn't warned.

It presents itself as a challenge to stupid greedy idiots.

The same could be said of liqueur stores and alcoholics. Challenges abound in life and we all have to take responsibility for our actions.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by theBigToe

Your body make up has nothing to do with whether you can have problems or not. I worked with a guy that was board thin and his doctor told him that he was a candidate for heart problems if he didn't change his eating habits. One can be thin physically but clogging the crap out of their arteries.

Oh I know it. My arteries are clogged as hell. Im going to have diabetes by the time im 30 probably!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Heart Attack Grill huh? Wonder if they have a promotion...like eat 10 heart attack burgers and receive a coupon for one free angioplasty?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

LOL!!!

More like a coupon for a discount on a coffin....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The same could be said of liqueur stores and alcoholics. Challenges abound in life and we all have to take responsibility for our actions.

And that's the bottom line for this story.
Brilliant!

BINGO hardly conveys my agreement.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I gotta agree totally with Interpid here. It would be like suing a beer company over a commercial because they promoted use of alcohol which then led to someone having a DUI arrest.

All they are doing is providing a service. You don't have to eat there...and probably shouldn't. But there's nothing wrong with them making and selling them. Besides...I'm sure the actual heart attack at that moment had nothing to do with what he was eating at the time.

It had to do maybe with what he had eaten in the past...and even genetics, but you don't clog your arteries with a single burger.

You might clog your intestines with it...but not your arteries.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I was just implying that even a little guy like me can force a lotttttttt of food down
Im no food expert, but I could have sworn that I have heard even thin people like me are very susceptible to clogged arteries?

Either way though, I function on a diet of cigarettes and like, 2-3 pots of coffee a day. Im headed for a body bag lol. But then again, so are all of us!

edit on 16-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
remeber that ones own metabolism pays a huge part in this.

You eat that much at ihop because you are still hungry. Eating alot of food maybe because the food is not particularly nutritious or fatty, however a single dish that contains 6000 calories, most people would get a part way through and be satisfied.

Large people who are used to eating and NOT burning off calories get fat, ever see a 6 and a half foot soldier who was fat? No he burns that off and eating a 6k calorie burger would probably see him right for two days.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is definitely the funniest thing I've ever read on ATS. I mean it's not funny that he had a heart attack, but the irony of it all is just so golden.

As for this restaurant, I would love to go there and try one of their burgers. The problem with this guy is that he obviously ate like this too often.

Although I can't say I really blame him. I would rather live a short life full of great tastes and filling meals, rather than a long life full of crappy tastes and bland food.

You know what they say - the more you live life the quicker you will use it all up - or something like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
remeber that ones own metabolism pays a huge part in this.

You eat that much at ihop because you are still hungry. Eating alot of food maybe because the food is not particularly nutritious or fatty, however a single dish that contains 6000 calories, most people would get a part way through and be satisfied.

Large people who are used to eating and NOT burning off calories get fat, ever see a 6 and a half foot soldier who was fat? No he burns that off and eating a 6k calorie burger would probably see him right for two days.

Im a really sweaty guido. I probably burn off the food I eat at IHOP before I leave the restaurant.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Saw this story yesterday.....he deserved it. The restaurant should not be allowed to be open. Just because there are the idiots that will eat these foods doesn't mean they should encourage it. Either way.....the guy deserved what he got in my opinion......if you're going to eat something you know is horrible for you made at a place called Heart Attack Grill then you will get no sympathy from me when you keel over and die...

I agree with you as far as having no real sympathy for the man.

Where I disagree with you is saying that the restaurant should not be open. They should be open. What they offer is legal, it is FOOD. Personally, I would eat there. The only difference is, I wouldnt eat all my food in one sitting, I would be eating until I was finished, and taking the rest to go and I can eat it later when I am hungry again.

They way I see it, this is FREEDOM. You have the freedom to decide for yourself what to eat. You have the freedom to decide for yourself what not to eat, how much to eat, how often to eat it. If you make bad choices, then you suffer the consequences of your actions.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
You know what they say - the more you live life the quicker you will use it all up - or something like that.

You might be referring to a quote from Blade Runner. "The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Btw, have you ever seen Man vs Food? Same thing. I wonder if this guys bypass surgery will be an episode.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Saw this story yesterday.....he deserved it. The restaurant should not be allowed to be open. Just because there are the idiots that will eat these foods doesn't mean they should encourage it. Either way.....the guy deserved what he got in my opinion......if you're going to eat something you know is horrible for you made at a place called Heart Attack Grill then you will get no sympathy from me when you keel over and die...

I agree with you as far as having no real sympathy for the man.

Where I disagree with you is saying that the restaurant should not be open. They should be open. What they offer is legal, it is FOOD. Personally, I would eat there. The only difference is, I wouldnt eat all my food in one sitting, I would be eating until I was finished, and taking the rest to go and I can eat it later when I am hungry again.

They way I see it, this is FREEDOM. You have the freedom to decide for yourself what to eat. You have the freedom to decide for yourself what not to eat, how much to eat, how often to eat it. If you make bad choices, then you suffer the consequences of your actions.

If the restaurant was closed for such a reason people would go to the supermarket and make their own....twice as big. The way I see it the restaurant is irrelevant to the problem.

edit on 16/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by Vasa Croe

Let them open another one! They're doing Darwin's work.

If people want to eat themselves to death, go ahead.

I'm speaking as someone who gave up most fast food and have lost nearly 100lbs since.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Do you think my busniess idea "jumping from a plane without a parachute" would be shut down dispite its popularity with euthanasia enthusiasts.

Just because its their choice doesnt make it suddenly ok.

If that burger was promoted as a "for two poeple to share" product that people can order by themselves, i think that would be okay morally.

Its upto them to take the extra step of knowing this is very bad for them, the resaurant should not be pleased or happy with making such stupidly rich dishes for one person, its irresponcable and hardly good busniess practice (the best customers come back
)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
In the end of the day this guy lived the life he wanted and died as a result.. But it was HIS life and he died doing what he enjoyed.

Fair play to the guy for being himself.

There are way too many nanny nazis in this world who live their lives in fear of everything, and pass their fears onto the rest of us with their wagging fingers.

But guess what?

They die too no matter how many tofu dinners they eat or miles jogged..

Live for today.

NOBODY is guarranteed tomorrow

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

You might be referring to a quote from Blade Runner. "The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long."
That's certainly a more elegant way of phrasing it, but I don't think it's the quote I was thinking of.

Btw, have you ever seen Man vs Food? Same thing. I wonder if this guys bypass surgery will be an episode.
Nope, never seen it. Though I'm picturing large alien burgers invading the Earth and giving as all heart attacks.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
at the risk of getting my post moderated, id like to mention a taboo for this forum subject and say, if its his life, and he can do what he likes to it, why are drugs illegal?

we have a human code to live by and knowingly selling an early death without a possible reason for the glutteny is not what we are all about.

If the place didnt exsist, he might have lived a more heathly life so far. thats a fact.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join