It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Suffers Heart Attack While Eating 6000 Calorie Burger At "The Heart Attack Grill"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You can't say he wasn't warned. All jokes aside, this is insanity. This glorifies glutony and to some extent the excesses or at least percieved excesses of the american lifestyle. I realize the shock factor is "The Heart Attack Grill's" unique form of advertising, but the bragging does not impress me, and it's hard to be sympathetic.

The situation was, in fact, as serious as a heart attack. FOX5 News Las Vegas reports that this past weekend, a man in his 40s began experiencing chest pains while consuming one of the restaurant's signature 6,000 calorie "Triple Bypass" burgers. Basso, who is not a medical professional, called 911, and EMTs and paramedics arrived on the scene quickly.

The customer - or "patient" as they are referred to at the restaurant, which moved from Chandler, Arizona to Las Vegas last October - is reportedly alive and recuperating. Sadly, that's not the case for the restaurant's 575-pound spokesman, who died last March at the age of 29.

Heart Attack Grill is no stranger to controversy, actively courting fans and nayayers alike with slogans like "Taste worth dying for!" and "Cash only, because you might die before the check clears."

(Source)
edit on 2/16/2012 by semperfortis because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Saw this story yesterday.....he deserved it. The restaurant should not be allowed to be open. Just because there are the idiots that will eat these foods doesn't mean they should encourage it. Either way.....the guy deserved what he got in my opinion......if you're going to eat something you know is horrible for you made at a place called Heart Attack Grill then you will get no sympathy from me when you keel over and die...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What do you expect when you eat somewhere called, the "Heart Attack Grill"?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It takes some skill and stupidity to eat so many calories at one time, over and over.

"You'll die for one of our burgers" - actually no, i'll have a steak fit for one person, not a lion thanks and i'll live.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Even the idea that someone could pack away such a burger, shows that they already eat like that.
I think the amount of fat in that burger would make most people sick after a couple of bites.
The healthiest thing on there, they ruined all benefits by soaking and sauteeing a whole onion in lard

I hope the guy recovering in the hospital from that, changes his eating habits now.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Good for him!

Reminds me of that little gem; "I want to die like my grandfather, quietly, in my sleep. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in the car he was driving."

I'd feel more sympathy if he ws eating tofu and arugala greens with water for dressing after jogging 15 miles.

(Actually, I feel real badly for anyone who eats tofu, arugala, and jogs)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Even the idea that someone could pack away such a burger, shows that they already eat like that.
I think the amount of fat in that burger would make most people sick after a couple of bites.
The healthiest thing on there, they ruined all benefits by soaking and sauteeing a whole onion in lard

I hope the guy recovering in the hospital from that, changes his eating habits now.

You would be surprised. I am only 5'6'' and 120ibs. I must go to the IHOP twice a week to pound down 4 eggs over medium, 2 sides of hash browns, 2 sides of white toast, a bagel with cream cheese, and a belgian waffle with strawberry compote.

*Sigh* Im headed straight for a body bag.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Saw this story yesterday.....he deserved it. The restaurant should not be allowed to be open. Just because there are the idiots that will eat these foods doesn't mean they should encourage it. Either way.....the guy deserved what he got in my opinion......if you're going to eat something you know is horrible for you made at a place called Heart Attack Grill then you will get no sympathy from me when you keel over and die...

I saw it yesterday as well, and it's had a few threads here on ATS already.

Regardless, I saw fit to respond to you here as some of what you said bothers me. First off, why does the victim "deserve it"? I haven't seen many details on him, and am unable to watch the videos from this network - is he overweight, or does he otherwise have a habit for unhealthy eating? If he were a triathlete who normally ate healthy and was just out for a treat and had this happen, would he deserve it? Would you deserve for eating chips, cookies, or burgers, if it happened to you?

Secondly, you say the restaurant shouldn't be allowed to be open - who exactly should be in charge of these decisions? Should people not be allowed to cook and eat food like this in their own personal lives (we're going to police all kitchens and personal diets now)? Should we outlaw all fast and junk foods? Skydiving schools? Alcohol and tobacco? See where I'm going here?

I find the general attitude a bit disturbing is all...yes, people are responsible for their own choices, but not all events are directly correlated to our decisions, and a prohibitionary mindset as voiced here takes a very short-sighted view of things.
edit on 2/16/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm actually quite shocked that one burger can contain 6000 calories. That thing must of been huge, and what the hell was in it to make it so heavy on the calories?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The way I see it there are millions of horrible ways to die .. eating a juicy cardiac arrest indusing hamburger is not so bad kinda dreamy so leave the fatty alone !!!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think the fact that this restaurant even exists is offensive. The fact that people pay for (the heart attack waiting to happen) food is even worse....they promote this restaurant by eating there...and thereby promote their own ill health and a possible heart attack and/or heart problems.

There is an old saying: "You are what you eat"...and that is true.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Introducing the killer burger: burger

thats 3 beef pattys and 12 slices of bacon with cheese, onion and tomato.

Why even make a burge rthat big, burgers are meant to be a hands on, non messy, easy meal to eat. NOt that tower of meat with a bun on the top. sick.

[edit] that pic looks like the quad (yes theres a bigger version, even more sick!) even though the image is labed as a tripple.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Biigs because: corrections

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Your body make up has nothing to do with whether you can have problems or not. I worked with a guy that was board thin and his doctor told him that he was a candidate for heart problems if he didn't change his eating habits. One can be thin physically but clogging the crap out of their arteries.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Introducing the killer burger: burger

thats 3 beef pattys and 16 slices of bacon with cheese, onion and tomato.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Jesus Christ, that's huge

I really fancy a burger now, but not one that big!

edit on 16-2-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have nothing against this idea of restaurant. It's not something that one should go all the time. Just one of in the weekend or something and then afterwards some helluva calory burning. At least they are honest about their product.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
To the whining cry babies that want to crush this restaurant.......just stop. Your exposing you ignorance and inability to grasp reality. And your lack of rational thought makes the rest of us look like idiots.

This dining establishment didn't kill this moron. There is nothing wrong with eating a glutinous meal a few time a year for a good laugh. What gave this sack of crap a heart attack is ignorance....the same ignorance being exposed here by the thoughtless wanting to blame the place or society.

A single meal doesn't kill. A lifetime of willful ignorance does. And we don't need this dumb story to be used as a reason to control our choices even more.

Whatever happened to folks who knew what personal responsibility means? It seems most around here think the outside world should be bubble wrapped to protect the people from themselves.

I doubt ##SNIPPPED## even grasp what I am saying......"but he and his kind are why health care is so expensive"......really, you wanna go down that road? Don't. You will end up looking like an ignorant fool.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on Thu Feb 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
would it have made the news if the same guy crashed his go kart at the go kart track?

This is a real health issue, you can say its fully his fault, but the resaurant exists and he got what he thought he wanted there, takes two to tango.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
This is a real health issue, you can say its fully his fault, but the resaurant exists and he got what he thought he wanted there, takes two to tango.

Gotta disagree with that. They are providing goods and service that are perfectly legal. One is responsible for ones own actions. They didn't make him eat there. They didn't make him eat elsewhere as well that probably lead to his condition.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
One small leap for cows....one giant burial for man-kind.

How can you possibly remove humor and irony from this when he keeled over eating something named for the very condition he keeled over with, in a place the glorifies the idea of death by gluttony?

The jokes not only write themselves, but just about get on stage to tell themselves too! The fact it didn't outright kill him turns it from something you secretly laugh at...to laugh out loud hilarious.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join