It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Make the Government Fear Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Ive thought about it, but the military is still the military and at the end of the day you do as you are told or you are shot. I also think the U.S. would only need a handful of F-18 Hornets or even a few B-29 Super Fortresses and public protests make a really easy target for a strike box. (If they would do this. Probably not as it would be a pretty obvious public display of insanity. They would probably have no problem utilizing their air power though, should a "revolution like war" actually happen.)

Then you have Special Forces/Law Enforcement from Police to FBI, National Guard/combined with intelligence agency's that we all know have a file on all of us that probably says everything from what political views we hold to what our favorite foods are (*cough* assassination *cough*). How easy would it be for them to round everybody up. They wouldnt even need to target civilians - they would know who is against them because of the 1st amendment that weve all enjoyed using so much through the past decade. Everything is online. They can access it just as easy as you or me. They have software that probably puts everything you punch with a keyword into a database that instantly looks up your IP or something cool like that and finds your name, location, social, credit history, parents history, if you were circumcised or not, etc., etc. The U.S. government is amazing - its scary - but amazing. How easy it would also be for them to monitor every thought we have because of sites like this. They know our politics. Its in a file. Its a pretty easy assumption to make

edit on 16-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

The government already fears us. That is why they have to make as many people as possible dependent on them. Independence from government is government's biggest fear.

They fear the possibility of citizens who are self reliant…sure!

If you are depending on Social Security, foodstamps, unemployment etc... The government owns you, and has little fear of you.

This is a tactic used to maintain control, not a response to fear. As I’ve stated, if they truly feared us we wouldn’t see the usurpation of power that we have today. If they truly feared us they would listen to us and represent us rather than pushing their evil agenda on us. If they feared us they wouldn’t DARE infringe on our civil liberties. All of the things Jefferson and others warned us about are happening today.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Ive thought about it, but the military is still the military and at the end of the day you do as you are told or you are shot.

Let’s hope this kind of scenario never plays out!!

We’ll agree to disagree on what the outcome might look like. Keep in mind, for every one active duty military member there are a dozen veterans (like myself and even many here on ATS) who share the same training and experiences. There are 10’s of millions who have taken the Oath and will honor that Oath, regardless what tyrants attempt to do in US.

OATH KEEPERS

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

A revolution, even a well armed militia like the one we have thanks to our 2nd amendment, isnt going to do anything against a modern military, especially the worlds most powerful military.

What military? I would bet a Regiment of Marines could be called up right now. Don't you know where our military is? Stationed in the Middle East, that's where. Why do you think Jan Brewer is calling for funding a State Militia?
Look here:

No military in the world’s history has been more widely deployed as the United States.

Total Active Duty – 1,478,000

Active Duty Overseas- Est-310,000

The United States has military personnel in about 150 Countries…This covers 75% of The World’s Nations.
Source
In my estimation, from someone who was a soldier himself, is a Guerilla Style warfare would quickly be the order of the day. A great many of the military, and police would side with the People, and may of the people are like me, military Veterans, some with technical training, many who are proficient in firearms, able to live outdoors using available resources, and not afraid to take on a larger force in hit and run actions.
Never underestimate to American People.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Why do you think Jan Brewer is calling for funding a State Militia?

I don’t know what’s in the water in Arizona but I’m a huge Sherriff Joe Arpiao and Jan Brewer fan!! All I have to look to here in Texas is Perry who supported the DRUG SUPER-HIGHWAY

There more we sleep as a nation the more the FED shoves its DEATH down the throat of this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join