It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Make the Government Fear Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
For those of you who haven’t seen this yet, these are some of Judge Napolitano’s final words prior to his show going off air. I couldn’t think of a better note to leave on…

America, the greatest losses to our freedom have come, not from someone attacking us, but from the government ignoring the Constitution and the majority letting them get away with it.

The worst Amendments to the Constitution were not those ratified by the States, but rather were Amendments by consensus where all three branches of government agreed to look the other way.

When good people do nothing, bad things happen.

We should make the government afraid of us. Afraid of us. Because as Jefferson reminded us, “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, but when the government fears the people there is liberty.”
link

Many now believe he was fired for talking about Israeli false flag attacks.

You rarely hear media personalities speak about (and actively defend) the constitution. Now that the judge is gone, who in media will pick up the constitutional torch and run with it? Who will be the new watchdog and champion of freedom?
edit on 16-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Let us hope, as his email suggested that he will soon be back with another show.

If not, I can't imagine another company not picking him up for a truth in America program.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why would they fear us they won't even see it coming( stealthy)...if they can kill people and make it look like "accidents", then maybe its about time some of these corrupt gov people have "accidents"

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Truer words were never spoken than those you quote from Jefferson. You and I have butted heads over the using of old nazi symbolism by US forces. To me a simple difference of view No big deal. however in this you touch my fundamental core that is an American. If I come off as "hating" LE or being harshly critical of certain military policy it is not because I fundamentally hate them it is because they represent a government that does not fear the populace. I am not here to ague details but rather to show my absolute agreement with your post and it's message.
I also wish to demonstrate that despite heated differences on execution of policies and law, at the level at which the "rubber meets the road" a lot of us are on the same page.
APB

ETA S&F on this message
edit on 16-2-2012 by AmericanPitBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, I dont enjoy seeing my rights violated but lets be realistic...

A revolution, even a well armed militia like the one we have thanks to our 2nd amendment, isnt going to do anything against a modern military, especially the worlds most powerful military. Its legal to peacefully protest, but that doesnt ensure a change, and once you break the law, authorities have the right to apprehend you for doing so (like with the OWS protesters. Some were invading private properties and others were setting up residence in public areas, some were doing drugs, etc.)

And in any event, we still have the right to debate and say what we want, which is a right worth more then any other right, and regardless of what we think and what laws have been passed, the government still protects that right or they would have rounded up everybody that has been saying things like this and throw them in jail/deport them/or kill them. Have instances of unjust behavior occurred? Yes. But that does not mean its the social norm.

Casey Anthony beats the system, sometimes the system beats you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
Truer words were never spoken than those you quote from Jefferson. You and I have butted heads over the using of old nazi symbolism by US forces. To me a simple difference of view No big deal. however in this you touch my fundamental core that is an American. If I come off as "hating" LE or being harshly critical of certain military policy it is not because I fundamentally hate them it is because they represent a government that does not fear the populace. I am not here to ague details but rather to show my absolute agreement with your post and it's message.
I also wish to demonstrate that despite heated differences on execution of policies and law, at the level at which the "rubber meets the road" a lot of us are on the same page.
APB

ETA S&F on this message
edit on 16-2-2012 by AmericanPitBull because: (no reason given)

Good post.

I think youre speaking for a lot of us here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Why would they fear us they won't even see it coming( stealthy)...if they can kill people and make it look like "accidents", then maybe its about time some of these corrupt gov people have "accidents"

The good judge wasn’t advocating anything like that. All champions of the constitution understand that the fundamental reason for the 2nd amendment is to keep the balance of power in the hands of “WE THE PEOPLE”.

Fear is a good thing…if one is fearful of you the chance of that person attacking you is virtually negated.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by ElOmen

The good judge wasn’t advocating anything like that. All champions of the constitution understand that the fundamental reason for the 2nd amendment is to keep the balance of power in the hands of “WE THE PEOPLE”.

Fear is a good thing…if one is fearful of you the chance of that person attacking you is virtually negated.

I think the military has outgrown any need to fear mere rifles though. I think the 2nd amendment is really now only useful in that if we are invaded by a foreign power, we can fight as a militia with our military. But if a militia went up against a modern military wed get slaughtered. It would be the situation in Syria x1000, id presume.

Better to just moan about it until it annoys the government enough that they do something to appease us. Or peaceful strikes?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Well, I dont enjoy seeing my rights violated but lets be realistic...

A revolution, even a well armed militia like the one we have thanks to our 2nd amendment, isnt going to do anything against a modern military, especially the worlds most powerful military. Its legal to peacefully protest, but that doesnt ensure a change, and once you break the law, authorities have the right to apprehend you for doing so (like with the OWS protesters. Some were invading private properties and others were setting up residence in public areas, some were doing drugs, etc.)

And in any event, we still have the right to debate and say what we want, which is a right worth more then any other right, and regardless of what we think and what laws have been passed, the government still protects that right or they would have rounded up everybody that has been saying things like this and throw them in jail/deport them/or kill them. Have instances of unjust behavior occurred? Yes. But that does not mean its the social norm.

Casey Anthony beats the system, sometimes the system beats you.

Excellent point BigToe...
In that there is no need for physical revolution.... a self defeating doom which would cause deaths needlessly.
Americans must follow the laws and combine in strength to vote out those who would intentionally attempt to deceive the citizens, or even those who end up just being 'stupid'.
America is the greatest place in the world to live (shhh to those who don't live here...lol.. just my opinion) and what took long to pervert will also take long to repair.
We must instill in our children and grandchildren respect, diligence, education and to pay attention and to learn from the historic declines of many civilizations. In this, our system of government can be repaired in time.
I would however add much of the current financial problem in the US now partially stems from this insanity called 'world trade'.
WT will be the death of our system and cause my great grandchildren's income to fall to poverty levels.
Ooops... I'm on my soap box again, sorry...
I reiterate, violence is self defeating... defeat the ignorance of Washington by replacing those who are ignorant.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

You and I have butted heads over the using of old nazi symbolism by US forces.

No worries! If everyone agreed on everything ATS would be boring!

The one thing about the majority of Americans (especially those of us who don’t consider patriotism a four letter word) is that we always have some common ground with regard to freedom and love of country.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We, as a species, would be better served if we, as a species, abandonded "fear" as a tool of coercion altogether.

Refuse to use fear to convince others of the rightiousness our agendas.

Ignore those who would use fear to advance their agendas.

If we accept the simple formula that "fear"="war", then, at some point in time, prior to our (self-)extinction as a species, we must begin "To Teach War No More".

If not now, when?

If not us, who?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

I think the military has outgrown any need to fear mere rifles though.

I don’t know…and I hope we don’t find out!

I think the 2nd amendment is really now only useful in that if we are invaded by a foreign power, we can fight as a militia with our military. But if a militia went up against a modern military wed get slaughtered. It would be the situation in Syria x1000, id presume.

Two things to ponder:

1) Could a country of 300,000,000+ (with at least as many firearms) defend against a military force of under 3 million?? It’s possible considering many military members would not turn their weapons against their family and neighbors.

2) Would so many armed Americans be enough of a deterrent to make anyone think twice about an all out invasion on US soil??? Many people have thought so…and I tend to agree with them!!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms." -- Constitutional scholar Joseph Story, 1840

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them." -- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

& what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787
link

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey Op, you stated: We Should Make the Government Fear Us.

That has already been done, and with great success.
You can convince yourself by taking a good look at all the recent Laws and rulings they passed.
All designed to to lower their level of fear.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There is only one way to make the government fear us. It doesn't involve violence or useless street demonstrations. Simple to do and here it is:

Change your w2 so you will end up owing (for those that is possible) then dont pay, and then come election day just stay home.

That.....and oh yeah......sacrifice a squirrel in your front yard.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I cant believe most of you don't realize that the Government already fears us. If they had no fear, they wouldn't feel the need to try and pass laws to restrain our ability to protest against them and make the changes that the citizens feel need to be made.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Hey Op, you stated: We Should Make the Government Fear Us.

That has already been done, and with great success.
You can convince yourself by taking a good look at all the recent Laws and rulings they passed.
All designed to to lower their level of fear.

The title of the OP were the words spoken by judge Napolitano.

And I don’t think they fear us enough if they’re still passing BS like NDAA and SOPA and walking on the constitution. Maybe WE THE PEOPLE should try a little harder?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Hi, you stated:
1) Could a country of 300,000,000+ (with at least as many firearms) defend against a military force of under 3 million?? It’s possible considering many military members would not turn their weapons against their family and neighbors.

Look how it's done during the Arab uprising. They continue to shout Allah akbar, thus making it more difficult for the military and the police to shoot them, fellow muslims.

The same would work in the USA.
ALL the military personnel are highly indoctrinated, they think they are the best patriotic Americans.
So during clashes just continue to shout USA, USA, USA, combined with text as "we are your family" or something like that. This would devastate the moral of the troops.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey Seabag... good post and flag and stars for your comments..

Two things to ponder:

I would concur that 99% of the military and police would stand in support if another revolution were forced upon us. I thank goodness this will never happen.

2) Would so many armed Americans be enough of a deterrent to make anyone think twice about an all out invasion on US soil??? Many people have thought so…and I tend to agree with them!!

I would also concur and as Admirlal Yamamoto has been 'misquoted' often, the truth is, 'There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.' to an invading army.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The government already fears us. That is why they have to make as many people as possible dependent on them.

Independence from government is government's biggest fear.

If you are depending on Social Security, foodstamps, unemployment etc... The government owns you, and has little fear of you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I cant believe most of you don't realize that the Government already fears us. If they had no fear, they wouldn't feel the need to try and pass laws to restrain our ability to protest against them and make the changes that the citizens feel need to be made.

I think you must distinguish between 'fearing us now' and 'fearing that we might pose a threat later'. If they truly feared us we wouldn’t see the usurpation of power we’re seeing today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join