It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment/Question - UFO Week for the beleivers and the non beleivers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
Just thinking the other day that most people who believe in UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects)and people that do not believe in UFO’s do most of their study and searching on the internet correct?

My question is this?

How much time a day does most of you actually look to the sky for long periods of time? To be honest I believe in the possibility of UFO’s coming from other planets/Solar Systems or coming from us or both……but how much time do I allocate to looking to the sky on a daily basis?

Mmm….. Maybe 2 minutes?

Now I am wondering what the average is and if a “Look to the Sky” week would be possible. With this I mean we would decide on a week in the future where a large number of us can reserve let’s say 1-2 hours a day to just sit back and watch the sky with a camera and or video ready to go. Then we could all come back and post what we saw or did not see. Good idea? Bad Idea? Possible?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianBlueTrue

How about just setting those cameras up and sending the footage to investigators?

Why not! sounds good!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yes that would work but would not provide first hand experiences to talk about. So in person would be much better and in large numbers. Could you imagine what we could possibly see if let’s say 10000 people all took a week to pay attention. You never know what would come out.
edit on 16-2-2012 by CanadianBlueTrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Oh i would tend to agree, but asking for poeple free time is no easy task.

Some will do it with the time, some may have a camera and not the time and they should be included too.

Imagine plotting a UFO accross the world with different times, locations and footage - that would be awesome if somthing was caught.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have done lots of research on the internet, but by far the best way to educate oneself regarding the history of UFO's and they're interaction with humanity over the ages is - books!

Lots of good books out there, but there are 2 that I feel tell most of the story - and comes up with the best evidence,
And those are - Richard Dolan's UFOs and the National Security State, (actually 3 books, but the first 2 document the US armed forces encounters with UFO's).

keyholepublishing.com...

I am always recommending those books!

Also, I look at the sky all the time, and me and my fiancée are planning to take our 14 month old son out at night, in the countryside away from street lights - and try to spot UFO's, Meteors etc.

Will be investing in a decent hand cam soon, and booking some holiday's in UFO hotspots .

Watch this space.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: Liinky winky

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well grouping large numbers and creating a week is a great way to start. With numbers and a Date everything is possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

So you would be interested in a Investigative Look to the Sky week?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
hi! this is my first reply and i think that would be a great idea.
but maybe when the weather gets a little warmer

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

post by CanadianBlueTrue
Now I am wondering what the average is and if a “Look to the Sky” week would be possible.

The problem is what may be a UFO to one person may be an IFO to another , Satellites , Jupiter , Saturn and even planes regularly get reported as UFOs here by people who genuinely believe they are UFOs .

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samaria

for sure I was thinking the first week of July

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A lot of people have had first hand experience but nobody gives a damn anyway.

But it would be good for the skeptics if something should happen during their watch. But how would we get them to look at the sky for a week? Imagine how much fun they'd have if nothing happened to change their minds? It doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm one of the lucky ones. My skeptic partner was standing with me when we had a close sighting in 2003 and I've been rubbing it in for years now, "na, na, na, na, nah..."

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

How is that a problem? When posted we would be able to identify it very quickly. The idea is to have a huge amount of people from all over the world pay attention to the sky for 7 days. That’s the idea...what would come up? Yep Airplanes, Planets, etc...but hopefully something else would show up, that many people recorded from various angles. The idea of this is having a block of time where people pay attention to the sky day and night.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I am not looking to prove they exist, I am not looking to prove they do not, I am looking for answers. I am trying to come up with a framework where both sides can work together to find answers in a way that would be fun for both sides and organized in a way that would open discussions and open opportunities to have proof either way. It could also be a period of time like an entire month. Whatever as long as allot of people are looking at the sky and paying attention.

The idea here is we all have our own opinions about this but if I look at the sky for 2 minutes a day (12 hours a year) and believe this to be true with most people then how are we suppose to see something that does not want to be seen. You know!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Most of what I have learned about UFOs has come from books, with the internet coming in second. One thing I have learned: Although I've read about hundreds of UFO reports, I've never heard of anyone seeing a UFO while actively looking for one. That's not to say it doesn't happen, just that I haven't come across a report like that.

On a somewhat related topic, what percentage of the population do you suppose has a HD video camera on them at any given time? I puzzle over the lack of really undisputably anomalous videos, what with camera phones being so ubiquitous these days. Maybe the problem is that they aren't as ubiquitous as they seem. How many people do you suppose have a really top of the line quality camera on their phone that they have with them everywhere they go? Maybe we shouldn't be expecting a glut of wonderful UFO videos just yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
well this idea is dead for now.....will try again at a later time I guess. Too bad this would of been a great experiment.

Alex

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Its not dead, I am definitely game

I live in the south of England, so between us we could cover a fair bit of sky

The weekends would be best for me as I work hard during the week, and can't be arsed to do much when I get home.

At first it would have to be just real-time visual observation, but when I get some spare cash, and everyone who wants to take part has time to organize, we could set up camera's (around the world, in our respective locations) and leave them recording over night, and I am sure we would catch something soon enough, with enough people taking part.

Have you got any kind of camera available to you?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This is a great suggestion , Back when we ( different family members & myself ) had so many sightings here we would watch the sky maybe 2 hours a week in total . We saw several that where just odd configurations & shapes that wouldn't suggest they where ours ( Earthly ) by looks alone . I couldn't tell you exactly how many without digging through my journal where they are all written down in detail by date .

I have found the cooler months to be better for viewing the stars & seeing this things myself it is just much clearer here .

I don't know why we fell out of the habit of watching as I never lost interest & started carrying a camera after this period but stopped dedicating the time to it , maybe I saw what I needed to convince me that what I was seeing was indeed here .

Just wanted to say thanks , it's a great ideal & I'll be watching .
John

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Twice I was unnerved thinking I was witnessing a ufo. Once while driving and once on my deck. Both times it was at night. One was a star and one was a cargo plane with the very big bright lights on. I use to spend a lot of time looking up, until I started looking down and Now I look down more than I look up. I always find better stuff this way.. $$

Found a $100 just the other day.[ True Story ]

top topics

join