It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encryption using your heartbeat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Link

HAVING trouble remembering your password? Perhaps you need to use your heart instead of your head. An encryption system that uses the unique pattern of your heartbeat as a secret key could potentially be used to make a hard drive that will only decrypt in response to your touch.

Yet another way to encrypt your important date. I'm wondering how long it will be before someone develops encryption based on your DNA? Or even like a system similar to the 'Breath' operated door lock system in the 'Alien Resurrection' film.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So instead of being able to open that PDF instruction card on performing CPR, I get, "Third attempt failed. Sorry your current heart beat does not match your profile. Formatting hard drive and performing a secure delete now."

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Lol.

I was wondering about that myself, I'm guessing they must have some sort of error correction built in to account for difference's in speed/damage from heart attacks/drugs/alcohol/etc. Otherwise you'd be loosing your data every time your heartbeat pattern changed slightly.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Everything will be encrypted soon.

Even the newspaper will need its own special governmental approved key to be read.

Just wait!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What was it again that movie about something like that was called?

Anyone remember?

Was pretty good and interesting

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yet another way to encrypt your important date. I'm wondering how long it will be before someone develops encryption based on your DNA?

Can't wait for that day, then I wouldn't have to try to remember 10 000 000 passwords, (which I forget in anycase, and end up writing it on sticky-notes pasted all over my computers), or in the NOTES-app of my iPhone.

Can remember when I worked in a supposedly very secure facility, and how freaked the spooks were when they walked into my office, that had stick-it notes with passwords pasted all around my computer screen, rofl..... Then they enforced a new security policy on us, forcing us to use even longer passwords, with upper case, and lower case, and numbers, and non-numbers included., that would expire once a week, and that no new password was allowed to be like the old one, like "fluFFY1234@#$%%%0" and the next week you couldn't use "fluFFY1234@#$%%%1" Guess what, even more sticky notes around my screen, and on my keyboard. So bring those DNA passwords on I say

new topics

top topics

join