It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary Claims to Reveal Underwater Maya City and Contact with ETs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

MEXICO CITY -- An underwater Maya city, a millennia-old landing pad once used for spacecraft, and human contact with extraterrestrials. These may sound like the makings of a blockbuster Hollywood film, but they're actually the alleged discoveries behind the documentary Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond.

It's always interesting when they find underwater cities. The ones in India were particularly interesting, but I'm very curious about the Mayan ones. The director of the film makes some pretty bold claims, but the discovery of the city is pretty amazing all on its own. The twist is that he believes that the city was built underwater, and is NOT a sunken city. He declines to go into lots of detail, but we'll see in the film I suppose

He goes on to say:

"It is the most important archaeological finding in the history of mankind," he says. "It's going to open the eyes of humanity and elevate the consciousness of every human being on the planet. I guarantee it...

...The underwater Maya city, which Julia-Levy describes as "a city that was built under water, and not a sunken city," was found at the bottom of a lake in Guatemala, according to the producer. He says audiences will see underwater shots of the city."

Source
Source on Reuters

edit on 16-2-2012 by goldcoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by goldcoin because: source

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How would you even begin to build a city underwater. I love the history of ancient Maya, and have been to there sites before, very amazing builders they were, but underwater. I will wait to see the video

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
can a mod remove the triple post, I dont even know how that happened
edit on 16-2-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
How would you even begin to build a city underwater. I love the history of ancient Maya, and have been to there sites before, very amazing builders they were, but underwater. I will wait to see the video

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm thinking that the water level was at a lower level than it is now and that's how others were able to access these caves that are under water now.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is this documentary on YouTube by any chance?

I've always been fascinated by the stories of Atlantis, so it's always great to here about underwater cities & stuffs.

S&F

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

We have certainly built plenty of underwater tunnels, bridge bases, and parts of oil rigs underwater. That's welding at its best.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

Ahh good, this documentary is well on its way to becoming the train wreck I expected to be. First we had Julia-Levy outright lying about and making up claims made by actual experts. Then we had him claiming that the Comalcalco bricks made references to 2012. Now he's claiming an underwater city. It's just a matter of time before we get shapeshifting reptilians.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

It won't be out until November if I remember correctly. That should tell you what kind of "documentary" it is. The director claims that he has earth-shattering information regarding December 21 but he's not going to reveal it until just a few weeks before that date.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This statement from the OP's source doesn't sound good....

"The problem with most of the productions going on now that are related to the Maya theme is that they're doing them in an erroneous and irresponsible manner," he says. "This documentary is going to shake the world."

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would think one must sink a dome or super stucture, to the bottom, and then evacuate the water before starting construction....dome first water second building third.....thats how id try to build one.....
I sure hope this is real, and researchable besides a movie...this far too serious a find...how come we didnt hear sooner?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would think one must sink a dome or super stucture, to the bottom, and then evacuate the water before starting construction....dome first water second building third.....thats how id try to build one.....
I sure hope this is real, and researchable besides a movie...this far too serious a find...how come we didnt hear sooner?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thanks for letting me know..much appreciated!

Yeah, its a shame that this is being released so late on in the year..

What's up with that?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Im Gonna say this doc is a viral thing for "Chronicles of the Mayan Tunnel" that Raul Julia Levy is supposed to be staring in.

IMDB Chronicles of the Mayan Tunnel

To me it sounds like its being made along side

Revelations of the Mayans: 2012 and Beyond

Imdb Revelation Of the Mayans

Im thinking this is hype for the movie tie in?

Raul Julia-Levy has been cast to play the lead in 3D family action adventure "Chronicles of the Mayan Tunnel." The $80 million pic is funded by Tayrona Entertainment and Wesley Snipes' production company Maandi Media Entertainment. "Tunnel" follows the exploits of four youngsters sent back in time 1,500 years to the height of the Mayan Empire

edit on 16-2-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

It won't be out until November if I remember correctly. That should tell you what kind of "documentary" it is. The director claims that he has earth-shattering information regarding December 21 but he's not going to reveal it until just a few weeks before that date.

An official announcement of the project is expected in the coming weeks, and a tentative release date has been set for August.

Looks like it might have been moved back a few months.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
im really looking forward to this documentary, the Mayan history is intriguing i really hope this gives us a deeper look into its orgins aswell.

top topics

join