It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Powerful Mantra Of All

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I see many stories here of people meeting all sorts of creatures, sometimes even being terrorized by them.

So this is something that could do you immense good, if you want to triumph in such events, or want to avoid such problems, or even want to help others when they are themselves in trouble.

This mantra is far more important than just this, and has far more applications, but this is a good starting point for those of you on ATS.

For starters, this is a short story about Zen Master and Bodhisattva Hsuan Hua, the one who will be presenting the Mantra:

"In his final years, Hsuan Hua had become so sick he couldn't even climb a single step. Even when the doctors diagnosed that he had only seven days left to live, Hsuan Hua refused to rest or seek treatment. Leaning on his cane and riding in a wheelchair, he continued to speak the Dharma in various places. He then became so ill that he couldn't get up from the bed, yet he still instructed his disciples over the phone or even appeared in their dreams to teach them, according to some of his disciples. Finally, he collapsed from illness.

On June 7, 1995, Hsuan Hua died in Los Angeles at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center from complications of exhaustion. His sudden passing came as a shock to most of disciples. Prior to his death, he asked his disciples:

"After I depart you can recite the Avatamsaka Sutra and the name of Amitabha Buddha for however many days you would like, perhaps seven days or forty-nine days. After the cremation, scatter my remains in empty space. I do not want you to do anything else at all. Do not build me any pagodas or memorials. I came into the world without anything; when I depart, I still do not want anything, and I do not want to leave any traces in the world."

There was a chinese monk who was very fortunate enough to meet the Venerable Master the day right before his entering of Nirvana. He described that the Venerable Master was very sick and was laying in bed, at this point the Master was too sick to give dharma lectures. As he approached the Venerable Master who was laying in bed, the Master knew of this and used all his strength to sit up and greet this monk. This Dharma Master was very touched as he knew the condition of the Venerable Master, but seeing how the Venerable Master gathered up every inch of strength to greet him, he saw that the Ven. Master truly respected the left home people. At that time, the Dharma Master asked the Venerable Master Hua what is the most sacred teaching that people should cultivate during this age of decline in proper dharma? And the Venerable Master proclaimed that all of his life he has cultivated the six guiding principles which are: No fighting, No greed, No selfishness, No seeking, No Pursuing Personal Advantage, and No Lying. The Venerable Master even described how to follow these teachings with a minor lecture to this monk, after that the monk respectfully bowed and withdrew.

That story demonstrates how the Venerable Master truly cherished the Triple Jewel. Even on the day right before his passing he would gather up all his strength to greet a fellow monk. The Venerable Master Hua was an outstanding advocate of Buddhism, there are many more stories of how the Master was so selfless in his cultivation and crossing over living beings. Many people who were around him during the time of the Master would witness first hand in person how the Venerable Master never once put himself before anyone else, even until his last days."

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So, the Shurangama Mantra was not spoken by Shakyamuni Buddha himself in the flesh, but rather it was proclaimed by the transformation-body Buddha he sent out into empty space. As to the mantra, no one understands it. Nor is it possible to explain it syllable by syllable and line by line. But if you want to understand it, I can try to explain it for you. However, this is not the time for that, because we are in the middle of the explanation of the Shurangama Sutra, and the mantra alone couldn't be completely explained in a year, or even in three years, or even ten years. So, at this point it cannot be explained thoroughly. I will simply explain the general meaning of the mantra.

The mantra has five divisions which correspond to the five directions : north, south, east, west, and the middle. The eastern division is the Vajra division, with Akshobhya Buddha as the teaching host. The southern division is the Production-of-Jewels division, with Production-of-Jewels Buddha as the teaching host. The central division is the Buddha division, with Shakyamuni Buddha as the teaching host. The western division is the Lotus division, with Amitabha Buddha as the teaching host. The northern division is the Karma division, with Accomplishment Buddha as the teaching host. There are five divisions, because there are five huge demonic armies in this world. There are demons to the east, south, west, north, and in the center. Since there are these five demon armies, not just five demons, the Buddhas also cover the five directions to suppress the demons. If there were no Buddhas, the demons could appear openly in the world.

Within the five divisions of the mantra there are, in general, more than thirty dharmas, and it has more than a hundred dharmas that can be discussed in detail. There are five major kinds of dharmas:

1) Dharmas of accomplishment. This means that with this dharma, you will be successful in what you seek or in what you vow or wish for.

2) Dharmas of increasing benefit. This means that when you recite this mantra, you can increase benefits which you yourself seek and you can also increase benefits for other people.

3) Dharmas of hooking and summoning. This means, literally, to "hook in" and catch and to call with a command all the weird beings, demons, and ghosts. No matter how far away they might be from you, you can bring them in and capture them. For instance, suppose one of them is harming someone, and when they finish they run away. If one knows how to use the dharma of hooking and summoning, then no matter how far that being may have run, you can arrest him.

4) Dharmas of subduing. Demons also have spiritual penetrations and mantras which they use. When you recite your mantras, they recite their mantras. But if you can use the Shurangama Mantra, you can smash through all their mantras. I've told you before about the section of the mantra which is for smashing the demon kings. It also is effective in destroying their mantras and spells. Although I've taught you this already, it bears repeating here. Those who have not studied this yet can take note of it. Why was it that as soon as the Shurangama Mantra was recited the former Brahma Heaven mantra lost its effectiveness? It was because of the "Five Great Heart Mantras."

Chr Two Ni
E Jya La
Mi Li Ju
Bwo Li Dan La Ye
Ning Jye Li

These five lines are called the "Five Great Heart Mantras." It is the fundamental mantra for destroying the mantras and spells of the heavenly demons and adherents of externalist ways. It doesn't matter what kind of mantra they come up with; you can destroy it with this one. Their mantras will lose their effectiveness. This dharma I've just transmitted could sell for several million dollars, but I do not sell it. Seeing that you have a certain amount of sincerity, I transmit it to you absolutely free.

5) Dharmas of dispelling disasters. Whatever calamity is due to occur can be prevented. For instance, suppose a person was due to fall into the sea and drown, but by reciting the Shurangama Mantra, he avoids the catastrophe. He might fall into the sea, but he doesn't drown. Perhaps you are in a boat that ought to sink, but you recite this mantra and the boat does not go down. Maybe you're in an airplane that is destined to crash, but you recite the Shurangama Mantra and the plane lands without incident. I'll tell you something incredible. I was going from Burma to Thailand, an air route that is particularly dangerous. But during that trip, the plane didn't show the effects of any turbulence. The ride was absolutely smooth. Even the pilot commented, "Why has it been such smooth going on this trip?" He had no idea that during that ride the gods, dragons, and the rest of the eightfold division, as well as Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, were on all sides of the airplane guarding and protecting it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
When there clearly should be an accident, it can change big disasters to small ones and make small ones never even happen. Usually what happens is there's "alarm but no danger" if you recite the Shurangama Mantra.

In general, the mantra contains dharmas of auspiciousness. This means that when you recite the Shurangama Mantra, everything goes just as you'd like it to. It's really lucky and extremely auspicious.

The advantages of the mantra are so many that one could not even begin to express them in several years time. But at this time, I'll limit my explanation to these few dharmas and meanings."

So...

The Five Great Hearts Mantra within the much longer Surangama Mantra goes like this:

Chr Two Ni
E Jya La
Mi Li Ju
Bwo Li Dan La Ye
Ning Jye Li

This is a very powerful Mantra, and I can attest as to its supreme cleansing effects - cleansing of all poisons of body or mind, of emotion or thought - physical, energetic, etheric, spiritual, mental.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The last 11 lines of the mantra are called the Heart of it and these lines are very powerful.

dwo jr two
nan
e na li
pi she ti
pi la
ba she la
two li
pan two pan two ni
ba she la bang ni pan
hu syin du lu yung pan
swo pe he.

Or in romanized Sanskrit:

TADYATHA OM
ANALE ANALE
VISADA VISADA
BANDHA BANDHA
BANDHANI BANDHANI
VAIRA VAJRAPANI PHAT
HUM BHRUM PHAT SVAHA

I cannot yet tell you which version to choose. I will ask someone who is more knowledgeable about this, and hopefully he will have an answer.

Try both and see which one you have more of an affinity for. See which one find a better home in you, or in which one you find a better home.

This, the Heart of the Surangama Mantra, is said to contain the whole power of the Mantra itself, all its supreme powers and benefits and meanings.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
However, I must warn you. This Mantra is for those who are fundamentally good.

This is a very simple concept.

One that people who are not IT will scorn at, yet people who are IT will understand immediately.

So unless you are fundamentally good, or would like to work towards it, do not use this Mantra.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Chr Two Ni
E Jya La
Mi Li Ju
Bwo Li Dan La Ye
Ning Jye Li

How are these mantras pronounced? For example "Chr" is it a hard or soft "c" sound...can you elaborate?

I like to believe I'm fundamentally good
I just want to say it the right way if I use it
edit on 16-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The entire title of the Shurangama Mantra is "Great White Canopy of Light Dharani Mantra" (mo he sa dan tuo bo da la tuo lo ni zhou). It is also called "Brilliant Buddha's Crown, Great White Canopy of Light, Unsurpassed Spiritual Mantra." The Buddha's Crown refers to the transformation Buddha atop the Buddha's crown. There is no way to conceive the subtle wonder of the mantra. The content of the Shurangama Mantra subdues heavenly demons and controls externalists. Every line, from beginning to end, is the Buddhas' mind-ground Dharma-door. Each line has its own function; each possesses its own esoteric wonder; and each is endowed with incredible power. The recitation of a single word, a single line, a single assembly, or the recitation of the entire mantra causes the heavens to vibrate and the earth to tremble; it's said that heaven and earth are shocked, the ghosts and spirits wail, the demons keep a wide distance, and mountain and river sprites hide away. That brilliance at the Buddha's crown represents the power of the mantra that can dispel every sort of darkness and that enables people to amass all kinds of merit and virtue. If you can accept and uphold the Shurangama Mantra, then you will definitely become a Buddha in the future. You will certainly attain the Unsurpassed Proper and Equal Right Enlightenment. If you continually recite the Shurangama Mantra, then you can get rid of your karmic obstacles from last life and all past lives. That's the incredible function of the Shurangama Mantra!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
In the Buddha's Words:

"Ananda, I will now tell you more about how this mantra can rescue and protect the world, help people obtain great fearlessness, and bring to accomplishment living beings' transcendental wisdom. You should know that, after my extinction, if there are beings in the Dharma-ending Age who can recite the mantra themselves or teach others to recite it, such people who recite and uphold it will not be burned by fire, will not be drowned by water, and will not be harmed by mild or potent poisons."

"Other such things will not happen to them either, including not being possessed by any dragon, gods, ghost, spirits, weird entities, demonic ghosts, or evil mantras. These people's minds will attain proper reception, so that any spell; any paralyzing sorcery; any poison made of herbs, gold, silver; any plant, tree, insect, or snake; and any of the myriad kinds of poisonous vapors will turn into sweet dew when encountered or ingested. No evil stars, nor any ghost or spirit that harbors malice in its heart and poisons others can work its evil on these people. Vinayaka as well as all the evil ghost kings and their retinues will be led by deep kindness to always guard and protect them."

"Ananda, you should know that eighty-four thousand nayutas of Ganges' sands of kotis of Vajra-Treasury King Bodhisattvas and their descendants, each with Vajra multitudes in their retinues, are ever in attendance, day and night, upon this mantra."

"If beings whose minds are scattered and who have no Samadhi remember and recite the mantra, the Vajra Kings will always surround such good people. That is even more true for those who are decisively resolved upon Bodhi. All the Vajra Treasury-King Bodhisattvas will regard them attentively and secretly hasten the opening of their spiritual awareness. When that response occurs, those people will be able to remember the events of as many eons as there are sand grains in eighty-four thousand Ganges Rivers, knowing them all beyond any doubt or delusion. From that eon onward, through every life until the time they take last body, they will not be born where there are yakshas, rakshasas, putanas, kataputanas, kumbhandas, pishachas and so forth; where there is any kinds of hungry ghost, or any being possessing or lacking form, possessing or lacking thought, or in any other such evil place."

"If these good men read, recite, copy, or write out the mantra, if they carry it or treasure it, or if they make offerings to it, then through eon after eon they will not be poor or lowly, nor will they be born in unpleasant places. If these beings have never done any deeds that generate blessings, the Tathagatas of the ten directions will bestow their own merit and virtue upon these people. Because of that, throughout asamkhyeyas of ineffable, unspeakable numbers of eons, as many as sand grains in the Ganges, they will always be born in places where there are Buddhas. Their limitless merit and virtue will be three-fold, like the amala fruit-cluster, for they stay in the same place, become permeated with cultivation, and never part from the Buddhas."

"Therefore, The mantra can enable those who have broken the precepts to regain the purity of the precept source. It can enable those who have not received the precepts to receive them. It can cause those who are not vigorous to become vigorous. This mantra can enable those who lack wisdom to gain wisdom. It can cause those who are not pure to quickly become pure. It can cause those who are not vegetarians to become vegetarians naturally."

"Ananda, if good men who uphold this mantra violate the pure precepts before having received them, their multitude of offenses incurred by such violations, whether major or minor, can simultaneously be eradicated after they uphold the mantra. Even if they drank intoxicants or ate the five kinds of pungent plants and various other impure things in the past, the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, Vajra deities, gods, immortals, ghosts, and spirits will not hold it against them. If they are unclean and wear tattered, old clothes to carry out the practice alone in a place by themselves, they can be equally pure. Even if they do not set up a platform, do not enter a Way-place, and do not practice the Way, but recite and uphold this mantra, their merit and virtue can still be identical with that derived from entering the platform and practicing the Way. If they have committed the five rebellious acts, grave offenses warranting unintermittent retribution, or if they are Bhikshus or Bhikshunis who have violated the four parajikas or the eight parajikas, after they recite this mantra, even such heavy karma can dispense after they recite this mantra, like a sand dune that is scattered in a gale, so that no

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
particle of it remains."

"Ananda, if beings who have never repented and reformed any of the obstructive offenses, either heavy or light, that they have committed throughout infinite countless eons past, up to and including those of this very life, can nevertheless read, recite, copy, or write out this mantra or wear it on their bodies or place it in their homes or in their garden houses, then all that accumulated karma will melt away like snow in hot water. Before long they will obtain awakening to Patience with the Non-existence of Both Beings and Dharmas."

"Moreover, Ananda, if women who do not have children and want to conceive can sincerely memorize and recite this mantra, or carry this Sitata-Patra mantra on their bodies, they can give birth to sons or daughters endowed with blessings, virtue, and wisdom."

"Those who seek long life will obtain long life. Those who seek to quickly perfect their reward will quickly be able to do so. The same is true for those who seek something regarding their bodies, lives, appearance, or strength. At the end of their lives, they will gain the rebirth they hope for in whichever of the lands of the ten directions they wish. They certainly will not be born in poorly endowed places, or as inferior people; even less will they be reborn in some odd form."

"Ananda, if there is famine of plague in a country, province, or village, or if perhaps there are armies, brigands, invasions, war, or any other kind of local threat of danger, then by writing out this holy mantra and placing it on the four city gates, or on a chaitya or on a dhvaja, by instructing all the people of the country to venerate the mantra, make obeisance to it, revere it, and singlemindedly make offerings to it; by instructing all the citizens to wear it on their bodies or to place it in their homes, and then all such disasters and calamities will completely disappear."

"Ananda, in each and every country where the people accord with this mantra, the heavenly dragons are delighted, the winds and rains are seasonal, the five kinds of crops are abundant, and the people are peaceful and happy. It can also suppress all evil stars which may appear in any of the directions and transform themselves in uncanny ways. Calamities and obstructions will not arise. People will not die accidentally or unexpectedly, nor will they be bound by fetters, cangues, or locks. Day and night they will be at peace, and no evil dreams will disturb their sleep."

"Ananda, this Saha world has eighty-four thousand changeable and potentially devastating evil stars. Twenty-eight great evil stars are the leader, and another eight great evil stars are the rulers. They take various shape, and when they appear in the world they bring disaster and unexpected calamities down upon beings. But wherever this the mantra is kept they will all be eradicated. A boundary will be secured for twelve yojanas around, and not evil calamity or misfortune will ever encroach upon it."

"Therefore, the Tathagata proclaims this mantra to be one which will protect all cultivators of the future who have just begun to study, so that they can enter Samadhi, be peaceful in body and mind, and attain great tranquility. Even less will any demon, ghost, or spirit, or any enemy, calamity, or misfortune due from former lives that reach back to beginningless time, or any old karma or past debts come to vex and harm them."

"As to you and everyone in the assembly who is still studying, and as to cultivators of the future who rely on my platform and hold the precepts in accord with the Dharma; who received the precepts from pure members of the Sangha; and who hold this mantra-heart without giving rise to doubts: should such good men as these not comprehend their minds in that very body, then the Tathagatas of the ten directions have lied!"

When he finished this explanation, measureless hundreds of thousands of Vajra Power-Knights in the assembly came before the Buddha, placed their palms together, bowed, and said to the Buddha, "With sincere minds we will protect those who cultivate Bodhi in this way, according to what the Buddha has said."

Then the Brahma King, the God Shakra, and the four great heavenly kings all came before the Buddha, made obeisance together, and said to the Buddha, "If indeed there are good men who cultivate and study in this way, we will do all we can to earnestly protect them and cause everything to be as they would wish throughout their entire lives."

Moreover measureless great yaksha generals, rakshasa kings, putana kings, kumbhanda kings, pishacha kings, Vinayaka, the great ghost kings, and all the ghost commanders came before the Buddha, put their palms together, and made obeisance. "We also have vowed to protect these people and cause their resolve for Bodhi to be quickly perfected."

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Further, measureless numbers of gods of the sun and moon, lords of the rain, lords of the clouds, lords of the thunder, lords of lightning who patrol throughout the year, and all the retinues of stars which were also in the assembly bowed at the Buddha's feet and said to the Buddha, "We also protect all cultivators, so that their Way-places are peaceful and they can attain fearlessness."

Moreover, measureless numbers of mountain spirits, sea spirits, and all those of the earth-the myriad creatures and entities of water, land, and the air-as well as the king of wind-spirits and the gods of the Formless Heavens, came before the Tathagata, bowed their heads, and said to the Buddha, " We also will protect these cultivators until they attain Bodhi and will never let any demons have their way with them."

Then Vajra Treasury King Bodhisattvas in the great assembly, numbering as many as eighty-four thousand nayutas of kotis' worth of sand grains in the Ganges, arose from their seats, bowed at the Buddha's feet, and said to the Buddha, "Bhagavan, the nature of our deeds in cultivation is such that, although we have long since accomplished Bodhi, we do not grasp at nirvana, but always accompany those who hold this mantra, rescuing and protecting those in the final age who cultivate Samadhi properly. Bhagavan, such people as this, who cultivate their minds and seek proper concentration, whether in the Way-place or walking about, and even such people who with scattered minds roam and amuse themselves in the villages, will be accomplished and protected by us and our retinue of followers. Although the demon kings and the gods of great comfort will seek to get at them, they will never be able to do so. The smaller ghosts will have to stay ten yojanas' distance from these good people, except for those beings who have decided they want to cultivate dhyana.

"Bhagavan, if such evil demons or their retinues want to harm or disturb these good people, we will smash their heads to smithereens with our Vajra-pestles. We will always help these people to accomplish that.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would say work with it.

Mantras are first of all supposed to be chanted, used, repeated, however you want to word it - INTERNALLY.

So the words will find their own way with your voice.

In fact, bad emotions or lack of attention might even change a letter around from time to time, but if you concentrate, the Mantra will work itself to perfection.

This is always the key, to concentrate with a pure Mind.

You could look it up on youtube and find someone chanting it, but then you would have the disadvantage of having heard someone's external voice wording it, instead of finding your own way with your inner voice.

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
Chr Two Ni
E Jya La
Mi Li Ju
Bwo Li Dan La Ye
Ning Jye Li

How are these mantras pronounced? For example "Chr" is it a hard or soft "c" sound...can you elaborate?

I like to believe I'm fundamentally good
I just want to say it the right way if I use it
edit on 16-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
so how would you pronounce those in english?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And finally, the entire Surangama Mantra, for anyone who would like to uphold it.

SECTION 1: THE VAJRA DIVISION (EASTERN DIRECTION)
NAMO SARVA TATHAGATA SUGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO SARVA TATHAGATA KOTI USHNISHA. NAMO SARVA BUDDHA BODHISATTVEBHYAH.
NAMO SAPTANAM SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHA KOTINAM, SASRAVAKA SAM-GHANAM.
NAMO LOKE ARHANTANAM.
NAMO SROTAPANNANAM. NAMO SAKRIDAGAMINAM. NAMO ANAGAMINAM.
NAMO LOKE SAMYAK-GATANAM SAMYAK-PRATIPANNANAM.
NAMO RATNA-TRAYAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE DRIDHA-SURA SENA PRA-HARANA RAJAYA TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE AMITABHAYA TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE AKSHOBHYAYA TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE BHAISHAJYA-GURU-VAIDURYA-PRABHA-RAJAYA TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE SAMPUSHPITA SALENDRA RAJAYA TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE SAKYAMUNAYE TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE RATNA KUSUMA KETU RAJAYA TATHAGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE TATHAGATA KULAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE PADMA KULAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE VAJRA KULAYA.
NAMO BHAGAVATE MANI KULAYA. NAMO BHAGAVATE GAJA KULAYA.
NAMO DEVASINAM. NAMO SIDDHA VIDYA-DHARANAM.
NAMO SIDDHA VIDYA–DHARA RISHINAM, SUPANU-GRAHA SAMARTHANAM.
NAMO BRAHMANE. NAMO INDRAYA. NAMO RUDRAYA UMA-PATI SAHEYAYA.
NAMO NARAYANAYA LAKSHMI SAHEYAYA PANCA MAHA-MUDRA NAMAS-KRITAYA.
NAMO MAHAKALAYA TRIPURA-NAGARA VIDRAVANA KARAYA ADHI-MUKTIKA SMASANA VASINI MATRI-GANA NAMAS-KRITAYA.
EBHYO NAMAS-KRITVA IMAM BHAGAVANTAH TATHAGATOSHNISHAM SITATAPATRAM.
NAMO APARAJITAM PRATY-ANGIRAM.
SARVA DEVA NAMAS-KRITAM. SARVA DEVEBHYAH PUJITAM. SARVA DEVESA PARIPALITAM.
SARVA BHUTA GRAHA NIGRAHA-KARIN. PARA VIDYA CHEDANA-KARIN. DUR-DANTANAM SATTVANAM DAMAKAM DUSHTANAM NIVARANIN.
AKALA-MRITYU PRA-SAMANA-KARIN.
SARVA BANDHANA MOKSHANA-KARIN. SARVA DUSHTA DUH-SVAPNA NIVARANIN CATURASITINAM GRAHA SAHASRANAM VIDHVAMSANA-KARIN. ASHTA-VIMSATINAM NAKSHATRANAM PRASADANA-KARIN. ASHTANAM MAHA GRAHANAM VIDHVAMSANA-KARIN. SARVA SATRU NIVARANIN. GHORAM DUH-SVAPNANAM CA NASANIN. VISHA SASTRA AGNI UDAKA UT-TARANIN. APARAJITA GHORA, MAHA-BALA CANDAM, MAHA-DIPTAM, MAHA-TEJAM, MAHA-SVETAM JVARA, MAHA-BALA-SRIYA-PANDARAVASINI
ARYA-TARA BHRI-KUTIM CED VA VIJAYA VAJRA MALITI, VI-SRUTAM PADMAKSHAN, VAJRA-JIHVA CAH MALA CED VA APARAJITAM, VAJRA-DANDI VISALA CA SANTA VAIDEHA PUJITAH, SAUMI RUPA.
MAHA SVETAM, ARYA-TARA, MAHA-BALA APARAJITA, VAJRA SAMKALA CED VAH VAJRA KAUMARIH KULAM-DHARI, VAJRA HASTA CA MAHA VIDYA TATHA KANCANAH MALIKAH, KUSUMBHA RATNA CED VA VAIROCANA KUTA-STHOSHNISHA, VI-JRIMBHA MANA CA VAJRA KANAKA PRABHA LOCANAH, VAJRA-TUNDI CA SVETA CA KAMALAKSHA,SASI-PRABHA, ITY-ADI MUDRA GANAH, SARVE RAKSHAM KURVANTU ITTAM MAMASYA.

SECTION 2: THE JEWELS DIVISION (SOUTHERN DIRECTION)
OM! RISHI-GANA PRA-SASTA TATHAGATOSHNISHA SITATAPATRAM HUM BHRUM
JAMBHANA HUM BHRUM
STAMBHANA HUM BHRUM
MOHANA HUM BHRUM
MATHANA HUM BHRUM
PARA VIDYA SAM-BHAKSHANA-KARA HUM BHRUM
SARVA DUSHTANAM STAMBHANA-KARA HUM BHRUM
SARVA YAKSHA RAKSHASA GRAHANAM VIDHVAMSANA-KARA HUM BHRUM
CATURASITINAM GRAHA SAHASRANAM VINASANA-KARA HUM BHRUM
ASHTA-VIMSATINAM NAKSHATRANAM PRA-SADANA-KARA HUM BHRUM ASHTANAM MAHA GRAHANAM VIDHVAMSANA-KARA RAKSHA RAKSHA MAM.
BHAGAVAN TATHAGATOSHNISHA, MAHA PRATY-ANGIRE, MAHA SAHASRA-BHUJE,
SAHASRA-SIRSHAI, KOTI SATA SAHASRA-NETRE, ABHEDYA JVALITA NATANAKA,
MAHA VAJRA-DHARA TRIBHUVANA MANDALA,
OM! SVASTI BHAVANTU ITTAM MAMASYA.

SECTION 3: THE LOTUS DIVISION (WESTERN DIRECTION)
RAJA-BHAYA, CORA-BHAYA, AGNI-BHAYA, UDAKA-BHAYA, VISHA-BHAYA, SASTRA-BHAYA, PARACAKRA-BHAYA, DUR-BHIKSHA-BHAYA, ASANI-BHAYA, AKALA-MRITYU-BHAYA, DHARANI-BHUMI-KAMPA-BHAYA, ULKA-PATA-BHAYA, RAJA-DANDA-BHAYA, NAGA-BHAYA, VIDYUT-BHAYA, SUPARNIN-BHAYA
DEVA-GRAHA, NAGA-GRAHA, YAKSHA-GRAHA, GANDHARVA-GRAHA, ASURA-GRAHA, GARUDA-GRAHA, KIMNARA-GRAHA, MAHORAGA-GRAHA, RAKSHASA-GRAHA, PRETA-GRAHA, PISACA-GRAHA, BHUTA-GRAHA, PUTANA-GRAHA, KATAPUTANA-GRAHA, KUMBHANDA-GRAHA, SKANDA-GRAHA, UNMADA-GRAHA, CHAYA-GRAHA, APA-SMARA-GRAHA, DAKA-DAKINI-GRAHA, REVATI-GRAHA, OJAHARINYA, GARBHAHARINYA, JATAHARINYA, JIVITAHARINYA, RUDHIRAHARINYA, VASAHARINYA, MAMSAHARINYA, MEDHAHARINYA, MAJJAHARINYA, VANTAHARINYA, ASUCYAHARINYA, CITTAHARINYA,
TESHAM SARVESHAM SARVA GRAHANAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI PARI-VRAJAKA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI DAKA DAKINI KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI MAHA-PASUPATI RUDRA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI TATTVA GARUDA SAHEYA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI MAHA-KALA MATRI-GANA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI KAPALIKA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI JAYAKARA-MADHUKARA SARVARTHA-SADHANA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI CATUR-BHAGINI KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI BHRINGI-RITI NANDIKESVARA GANAPATI SAHEYA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI NAGNA SRAMANA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI ARHANTA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI VITA-RAGA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI BRAHMA KRITAM.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI RUDRA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI NARAYANA KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI VAJRA-PANI GUHYAKADHIPATI KRITAM.
VIDYAM CHIDAYAMI KILAYAMI RAKSHA RAKSHA MAM BHAGAVAN ITTAM MAMASYA.

SECTION 4: THE BUDDHA DIVISION (CENTRAL DIRECTION)
BHAGAVAN SITATAPATRA NAMO STUTE.
ASITA NARAKAH PRABHA SPHUTA VI-KAS SITATAPATREH,
JVARA JVARA, DAKA DAKA, VI-DAKA VI-DAKA,
DALA DALA, VI-DALA VI-DALA, CHIDA-CHIDA,
HUM HUM PHAT PHAT PHAT PHAT PHAT SVAHA HE HE PHAT.
AMOGHAYA PHAT. APRATIHATAYA PHAT.
VARA-PRADAYA PHAT. ASURA VIDARAKAYA PHAT.
SARVA DEVEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA NAGEBHYAH PHAT. SARVA YAKSHEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA GANDHARVEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA ASUREBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA GARUDEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA KIMNAREBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA MAHORAGEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA RAKSHASEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA BHUTEBHYAH PHAT. SARVA PISHACEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA KUMBHANDEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA PUTANEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA KATAPUTANEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA AUSHTRAKEBHYAH PHAT. SARVA DUR-LANGHITEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA DUSH-PREK#EBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA JVAREBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA KRITYA KARMANI KAKHORDEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA APASMAREBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA SHRAMANEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA TIRTHIKEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA UNMADEBHYAH PHAT.
SARVA VIDYA ACHARYEBHYAH PHAT.
JAYAKARA-MADHUKARA SARVATHA-SADHAKEBHYO VIDYA ACHARYEBHYAH PHAT.
CATUR-BHAGHINIBHYAH PHAT.
VAJRA KAUMARI KULAM-DHARI VIDYARAJEBHYAH PHAT.
MAHA PRATY-ANGIREBHYAH PHAT.
VAJRA SAMKALAYA PRATY-ANGIRA RAJAYA PHAT.
MAHAKALAYA MATRI-GANA NAMAS-KRITAYA PHAT.
INDRAYA PHAT. BRAHMANAYA PHAT. RUDRAYA PHAT. VISHNUYA PHAT.
VAISNAVIYE PHAT. BRAHMIYE PHAT. VARAHIYE PHAT. AGNIYE PHAT.
MAHA-KALIYE PHAT. RAUDRIYE PHAT. KALA-DANDIYE PHAT. AINDRIYE PHAT.
MATRIYE PHAT. CHAMUNDRIYE PHAT. KALA-RATRIYE PHAT. KAPALIYE PHAT.
ADHI-MUKTIKA SMASANA VASINIYE PHAT. YE KECID SATTVA.

SECTION 5: THE KARMA DIVISION (NORTHERN DIRECTION)
DUSHTA-CITTA, PAPA-CITTA, RAUDRA-CITTA, VI-DVE-SHA-CITTA, AMITRA-CITTA,
UT-PADAYANTI, KILAYANTI, MANTRAYANTI, JAPANTI, CYUT HANTI.
OJAHARA, GARBHAHARA, RUDHIRAHARA, MAMSAHARA, MEDHAHARA, MAJJAHARA, VASAHARA, JATAHARA, JIVITAHARA, BALYAHARA, MALYAHARA, GANDHAHARA, PUSHPAHARA, PHALAHARA, SASYAHARA.
PAPA-CITTA, DUSHTA-CITTA, RAUDRA-CITTA
DEVA-GRAHA, NAGA-GRAHA, YAKSHA-GRAHA,
GANDHARVA-GRAHA, ASURA-GRAHA, GARUDA-GRAHA,
KIMNARA-GRAHA, MAHORAGA-GRAHA, RAKSHASA-GRAHA,
PRETA-GRAHA, PISACA-GRAHA, BHUTA-GRAHA,
PUTANA-GRAHA, KATAPUTANA-GRAHA, KUMBHANDA-GRAHA,
SKANDHA-GRAHA, UNMADA-GRAHA, CHAYA-GRAHA,
APASMARA-GRAHA. DAKA-DAKINI-GRAHA, REVATI-GRAHA,
JAMIKA-GRAHA, SAKUNI-GRAHA, MATRI-NANDI-GRAHA,
MUSHTIKA-GRAHA, KANTHAPANINI-GRAHA, MISHIKA-MAHISHAKA-GRAHA,
MRIGARAJA-GRAHA, MATRIKA-GRAHA, KAMINI-GRAHA,
MUKHA-MANDIKA-GRAHA, LAMBA-GRAHA.
JVARA EKAHIKA, DVAITIYAKA, TRAITIYAKA, CATURTHAKA,
NITYA-JVARA, VISHAMA-JVARA,
VATIKA, PAITTIKA, SLAISHMIKA, SAM-NIPATIKA, SARVA JVARA,
SIRO’RTI, ARDHAVABHEDAKA, AROCAKA,
AKSHI ROGAM, MUKHA ROGAM, HARDA ROGAM,
GHRANA SULAM, KARNA SULAM,
DANTA SULAM, HRIDAYA SULAM, MARMAN SULAM,
PARSVA SULAM, PRISHTHA SULAM, UDARA SULAM,
KATI SULAM, VASTI SULAM, URU SULAM, NAKHA SULAM,
HASTA SULAM, PADA SULAM, SARVA ANGA-PRATYANGA SULAM;
BHUTA, VETADA, DAKA DAKINI, JVARA, DADRU, KANDU, KITIBHA, LUTA, VAISARPA, LOHA-LINGA; SASTRA SAM-GARA, VISHA YOGA, AGNI UDAKA, MARA VAIRA KANTARA, AKALA-MRITYU;
TRY-AMBUKA, TRAI-LATA, VRISCIKA, SARPA, NAKULA, SIMHA, VYAGHRA, RIKSHA, TARAKSHA, CAMARA, JIVITA BHITE TESHAM SARVESHAM.
MAHA SITATAPATRA, MAHA VAJROSHNISHA, MAHA PRATY-ANGIRAM,
YAVAT DVADASA YOJANA ABHY-ANTARENA
SIMA BANDHAM KAROMI. DISA BANDHAM KAROMI. PARA VIDYA BANDHAM KAROMI.
TEJO BANDHAM KAROMI. HASTA BANDHAM KAROMI. PADA BANDHAM KAROMI.
SARVA ANGA-PRATYANGA BANDHAM KAROMI.
TADYATHA:
OM! ANALE ANALE VISADA VISADA, BANDHA BANDHA BANDHANI BANDHANI,
VIRA VAJRAPANI PHAT, HUM BHRUM PHAT SVAHA.
NAMO SARVA TATHAGATA SUGATAYA ARHATE SAMYAK-SAMBUDDHAYA
SIDDHYANTU MANTRAPADAYA SVAHA.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
so how would you pronounce those in english?

You simply speak it internally.

Don't worry about pronounciation. It's a little hard at first for a native english speaker, but the sounds are actually very simple.

That's how come you can't really explain it. You just have to do your best.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think one of the main things people are concerned with is in words like Li and Mi is the I pronounced as a long I or a long e as in some language. would Li sound like lee or lie ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This might give you an idea of pronunciation.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Let's keep people reading this, people

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this here. Those are really valuable teachings, yet I'm not sure how many people can use them and get some benefit.
Usually, the very special mantras are passed on as a direct transmission from the teacher to the student, or they need some form of empowerment in order to be beneficial. I wonder if this is a mantra for general use, or it also needs some special conditions.
Anyway, I'll watch this thread; S&F for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Special transmissions are in esoteric Tibetan Buddhism. They focus on deity yoga - the complete identification with a Buddha or Bodhisattva with the aim of gaining their enlightenment and perfections and thus being able to help many beings with enlightened action.

It's a very complex process that combines mantra with hand movements and postures.

The Surangama Mantra is not like this. While it does not "belong" to any form of Buddhism, speaking in earthly terms we'd say it's part of Mahayana Buddhism, which focuses on 'miraculous existence', the supreme and beautiful ultimate aspect of Mind and Reality, and the drive to awaken all beings to it and end their suffering.

Thus, the Surangama is for anyone who wants to uphold it. I say it is for fundamentally Good human beings, but this should be self-evident. You uphold it for the benefits it can have to all beings, and to yourself as well. And you have a firm belief that all your benefits will help you further help others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join