It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Aquatic Animal Deaths.....Ranavirus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Read this article from Washington Post about a mass die off of turtles and local amphibians in the area and after reading about Ranavirus it appears it can affect fish as well. Could it be possible or plausible that Ranavirus has jumped to sea creatures as well (Dolphins, Whales, etc....)? It is known to also infect Teleostei fish which according to Wikipedia account for most living species of fish.....

If they are wondering how it jumped from Turtles to Salamanders, what is to keep it from jumping to mammals especially if the origin of Ranavirus itself is unknown?

And it does apparently affect a population of fish according to Wikipedia...and it goes on to state that it may have come from a known fish virus that is similar.

Washinton Aquatic Animal Deaths Ranavirus

Ranavirus

Teleosti Fish

The discoveries have alarmed state wildlife officials and biologists, who worry about how far ranavirus has spread, how widely it has affected the ecosystem, and how it apparently jumped between turtles — which are reptiles — and amphibians. If the virus spreads or goes unchecked for long, wildlife experts say, it could devastate some local populations of box turtles, frogs and salamanders. That loss, biologists say, would ripple along the food chain to other animals.

“Finding even one dead turtle is unusual,” said Richard Seigel, the Towson biology professor who led the ICC study. “Finding over 27 dead turtles in a two-to-three-year period was bizarre.”

“This is a major concern to see these emerging pathogens,” he said. Ecological implications Experts on animal diseases say ranavirus, whose origin is unknown, has never been detected in humans, livestock or common household pets because it cannot survive in mammals’ relatively warm bodies.

edit on 2/16/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And a great site for information on mortality rates on this as well as numerous other events and causes is the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.

NWHC

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This would not explain the simultaneous deaths of a single species in a particular area. Nor would it explain how various populations of birds would die simultaneously. This makes just about as much sense as fireworks or 'flying into the power lines and dying' when they have been roosting on them for generations.

It is my opinion that the deaths are caused by someone using scalar technology trying to zero in on a specific frequency. All life is energy, and each species has its own electromagnetic signature. I am thinking that these mass deaths/killings are just one of the many methods that is being used to terrorize us.

Of course, I may be wrong, but I don't think so.
edit on 16-2-2012 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
This would not explain the simultaneous deaths of a single species in a particular area. Nor would it explain how various populations of birds would die simultaneously. This makes just about as much sense as fireworks or 'flying into the power lines and dying' when they have been roosting on them for generations.

It is my opinion that the deaths are caused by someone using scalar technology trying to zero in on a specific frequency. All life is energy, and each species has its own electromagnetic signature. I am thinking that these mass deaths/killings are just one of the many methods that is being used to terrorize us.

Did you read anything about Ranavirus at all? It is a definite cause of multiple and mass deaths in numerous cases worldwide relating to Amphibians and Reptiles. It makes a lot more sense than your scalar technology being used to terrorize us worldwide.....seeing as it has already happened to numerous species of Amphibians with well documented cases I would say Ranavirus makes a hell of a lot more sense than unproven claims of scalar tech.

Of course, I may be wrong too, but I am pretty sure you are much more wrong than I.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Ranavirus ?

Is that what they are calling nuclear radiation now ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There has to be someone on the forum that has knowledge of these iridoviruses.....I have been researching them for the last couple hours and it seems they are responsible for a lot of mass fish deaths....not just the Ranavirus, but Iridoviruses in general.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

One word...Fukushima.

I do not know what to believe from the media but this cooling water spill and if the rumours are correct...what is about to be spilled by reactor 4....we will witness a flora and fauna die off of biblical proportions....and animals will wash-up on many shores of the world.

Ofcourse governments and environment institutes will blame it on....something else.

btw....was the US thinking about starting the build a few more nuclear reactors..terrorist proof?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Did you read anything about Ranavirus at all? It is a definite cause of multiple and mass deaths in numerous cases worldwide relating to Amphibians and Reptiles. It makes a lot more sense than your scalar technology being used to terrorize us worldwide.....seeing as it has already happened to numerous species of Amphibians with well documented cases I would say Ranavirus makes a hell of a lot more sense than unproven claims of scalar tech.

Of course, I may be wrong too, but I am pretty sure you are much more wrong than I.

The key word in all these mass deaths is SIMULTANEOUS. I know of NO disease that kills multiple organisms of a single specie simultaneously.

Do you?

Direct Energy Weapons
Scalar Energy - A Completely New World Is Possible

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

The key word in all these mass deaths is SIMULTANEOUS. I know of NO disease that kills multiple organisms of a single specie simultaneously.

Do you?

Don't see anything that says simultaneous in any report on any of the deaths. Everyone has found the dead animals AFTER they were dead and nobody watched them drop from the sky all at once. The key word is definitely not SIMULTANEOUS.

Also....this thread is only about the AQUATIC life that has died.....regardless of what tech you think has been used to kill these species off, unless it can target the exact type of bird/fish/animal it will "sonically" kill then your idea really holds no water. Disease/virus kills are known to ONLY affect specific species in many cases.

If your theory held any weight then why aren't we seeing numerous types of life dying off in the same places and across multiple species.....again....your idea would mean they would be able to specifically target a particular genus of life and kill it on command.....

new topics

top topics

join