It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Report abruptly suspends production

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Have the wrong people been offended by him? I have a gut feeling this is political.

This is kind of scary.

Reuters) - Comedy Central has suspended production of the Colbert Report for at least two days, an unexplained development that ignited widespread speculation about the popular satirical news show on Twitter and other social networks.

Article
edit on 16-2-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
they got judge nap and now they want colbert

i dunno maybe its just to renovate the studio?
god i hope colbert isnt gone...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Jon Stewart will be next. Hopefully not anything serious though. Possibly technical or health problem?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Jon Stewart will be next. Hopefully not anything serious though. Possibly technical or health problem?

Apparently they had the show finished, but prevented the airing right before show time.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Not from what I've read, they canceled the taping of the show, and contacted the ticket holders by email, so the show never took place. Third-beat.com (which broke the story) is speculating the cancellation may be due to an emergency.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Mitt-the-Ripper

He coined it... and Mitt is tied to the media and the establishment.

OF course someone got offended!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I hope nothing is wrong with Colbert or his family. He seems like a good dude and he's a genius IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by capone1

Not from what I've read, they canceled the taping of the show, and contacted the ticket holders by email, so the show never took place. Rollingstone is saying the cancellation may be due to a family emergency.

I see, thanks.

Praying for his best.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
OK now, that's where I draw the line! If they take Colbert off the air, there's gonna be a revolution for sure. They can have the Judge, but Colbert is strictly off limits.

I noticed it was a rerun last night and wondered why? Thanks for the info. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Same here, hoping all is well in the Colbert family. BTW I had edited my post, I meant to write 'Third-beat.com' not Rollingstone. Link for their article.

link   
good job... bout time they took him down...

Bet you he got sued for falsifying info so much... just ran out of money

link   
We should make a list of the things he has said over the last few months that probably angered the government.
Hopefully it has nothing to do with that though.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

I really hope he's not pulling a Dave Chapelle. America can't afford Colbert to disappear during the GOP primary battles.

Then again, I would rather that happen than find out he has a true personal tragedy. Watching somebody try to maintain composure during grief is always heartbreaking to me.

link   
Colbert has such a strong and committed following that nothing other than a legit justification will be accepted.

link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I know what you mean, LOL.

I had to turn on the real news last night to get the news. My god, the way they present the news, it's not funny at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I hope nothing is wrong with Colbert or his family. He seems like a good dude and he's a genius IMO.

THIS. Super weird; fingers crossed that all is well !

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Heres the latest:

He adds that he expect The Colbert Report back on the air "soon." We can tell you that it's not stunt or show-related, and the Wall Street Journal says the cancellation is due to a family emergency.

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The last time the Daily Show went on quick suspension of taping, it was because Jon Stewarts wife gave birth. There's likely a similar situation here. Hopefully it's a family blessing like Stewart's and not a tragedy.
Fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
The last time the Daily Show went on quick suspension of taping, it was because Jon Stewarts wife gave birth. There's likely a similar situation here. Hopefully it's a family blessing like Stewart's and not a tragedy.
Fingers crossed.

Hopefully. But why leave fans hanging for this long?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We can tell you that it's not stunt or show-related, and the Wall Street Journal says the cancellation is due to a family emergency.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join