It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewers Predict Catastrophic Meteor Impact Before 2013

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I was. I wasn't in the best of moods when I spouted that.

My apologies

Please disregard

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The issue is not whether I have tried or learned RV. The question is whether or not it works and that is decided by scientific testing. To ask about me is a irrelevant subjective issue.

Where is the evidence? I am unaware of any supportive testing after Utts and Hyman's statements. I believe that if there was anything we'd have heard about it. The lack of material from the believers is telling.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

due to your showing of respect do you mind if I do answer your question to the best of my ability.

I have freaked my self out when I first tried branching into the remote influence which I branched from my research from remote viewing.

I had to apologize to one person. I didnt get what I was aiming for and one marriage ended and three friends still do not speak to each other.

I learned that influence is a nasty business. Common sense would tell you if you get images into someones mind they will still interpret the data with their mind.

example: you convince someone that their friend is stealing money from them. They are still going to handle the issue in their own way.

Fantasy Land was the hardest issue. You have to go turn around do something normal because it is outside your normal level of experience.

You have no baseline comparisons.

The other part about this whole thing that fascinates me is the non-military and remote viewing aspects from this. It is what I consider one of the better attempts at outlining how the human mind works.

The applications in human interaction alone could be used in game theory for a much more accurate map of potential responses.

It also on a side note could lead to a much more accurate version of psycho-history. (hold the laughter please)

The parts I am referring to is the way the human brain processes information and exactly what filters exist.

The best way to put it is this. The star wars fans know grand admiral thrawn's story. Especially how he took over one planet by studying its popular art. One of the offshoots combined with game theory make it extremely possible.

If you know the degree to which a culture has certain automatic filters you can control how and what messages get what responses. Which leads to domination without firing a single shot.

(If X portion of a population automatically filters y information in Z way....)

But we were on fantasy world.

I can stomach honest skeptics and disbelievers. They help keep you out of that fantasy world.

I approve of research into developing Anomalous Cognitive Functions.

Let us take away the negative aspects of some of the viewers personalities. And add one last note to this

For a moment let us assume that you can view future events. With say a 75% accuracy.

What do you view?

My suggestion during a discussion over this got me into a conversation with a few interesting people.

My view was this.

Screw accidents and mass destruction events. (or hunting terrorist) How about getting into the minds of the future engineers and begin designing the circuit diagrams of future computer. View future engines as they progress.

Then take these diagrams to engineers and tell them a spy got these from china or iran.

Say to the engineers we are behind the enemies curves and need you to reverse engineer these things.

Or say chemists as they create new chemicals.

(the only way with mathematics is with their thoughts... formulas are next to impossible for some reason. Yes, a numeric/ alpha numeric sequence coded data can stop a large part of CRV. As can putting out weird paintings, sculptures, and having parties... it distracts the viewers)

My apologies for the side thoughts. The main thing with some viewers and other supposed practioners is that they are in fantasy land. Yes it is nice to visit aliens and thats interesting that you say a CIA hitman on the grassy knoll, but this is a childs birthday party can we talk about something else.

The above mentioned incident on santa was funny to me. The viewers got together because Dames would not stick to proper protocols. He kept adding ufo targets and was frontloading a lot of material destroying sessions.

So they went over the basics of what they were going to say. A man in a suit, with live animals, a sack with items of great importance, ectra...

Dames got excited as he was doing the monitoring. He reported to his boss that the viewers all saw the same thing. On christmas eve an enemy nation was going to send an agent via the air, with bombs and deliver them to a lot of households in America. ( I am para phrasing)

The boss laughed at him and finally told him they where pulling his leg because he would not cut out the garbage. He would pass it along to the DOD that Dames viewed Santa as a terrorist threat if he insisted.

he did not speak to them for a while.

So I take his killshot story with a grain of salt.

I want to see the sessions time stamped with the viewers session notes.

Otherwise Ill keep look for Santa to make the no fly list..

Thank you however for being kind and keeping me honest.

(BTW even though I got responses I count it as a failure in that my goal was unaccomplished) (referenced to the personal story I mentioned)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

twenty years of government funding with each year having to prove the units capabilities

And yes you do. You claim X ...

I stand by statements sir. You do need to practice an attempt to do at least a few sessions before you can claim what you are saying.

(truthfully I expect you to not enjoy the experience and the mods to remove this post. I really want to see how you handle the Synesthesia. Not mention the possible side effects to your metal health. )

I am speaking from personal experience in that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. And my personal experiments I am still running...

In fact I have a target just for you

QP007AN1

We are however still on the common ground that Dames is wrong. You unfortunately correct on the appearance of the salemanship of Dames company.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

twenty years of government funding with each year having to prove the units capabilities

And yes you do. You claim X ...

After 20 years it was found to be of no use. The claim for RV seems to be limited to the government's attempt at using RV. It didn't work for them.

And no you cannot ask personal information at ATS.

I stand by statements sir. You do need to practice an attempt to do at least a few sessions before you can claim what you are saying.

You can stand by this false claim. That is your right. People that make statements about quakes, astronomy, chemistry, genetics, paleontology, or anything else do not need to collect fossils, do chemistry, view the heavens, or anything else personally as long as they can back up their statements with information.

I am asking for anyone in RV to back up their statements and so far there is the fall back to the government that deemed it useless.

In fact I have a target just for you

This has nothing to do with showing that RV works. It simply shows that people are pretending it works.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

again you avoid the main issue, you have no basis for your claims

I do not want, nor Have I solicited, your personal information ... I asked you to put up proof or your skills or be quiet... Are you a scientist, what experiments have you ran? ect... Please post where I asked for your name, address, phone number, or ISP address...

I call... you cant... if you are a professional of some sort the profession your in is not personal it is general...
I am doing consultation with small business owners, who think they know everything... yet pay me good money to tell them common sense

Again you have been respectfully asked to provide proof you are not a nutcase debunker ... The government funded it for a long time... each year they got funding... is but one aspect of proof

In this realm I asked you to at least professionally debunk the programs...After all if it is a fraud, why did no one go to jail for defrauding the government?

What false claims have I made. You attempt to associate my views with everyone elses. Will you please act more professional in your attempts at debunking? I have not claimed a bit of what you said. Please post where I had, odds are you assumed...

You however have not backed up your claims, you have just made claims. Actually you do have to do the fieldwork to challenge those in that field.

Its why I asked for your bona fides. Have you even busted fakes before? Like Houdini did...

You have no skills to make the claims your are making... You have not attempted any of the processes (even with an alpha-numeric sequence provided) If you have even read the material you would know how to proceed...

Whats your batting average?

The title is misleading of this thread

its the equivalent of saying Christians are pedophiles- after all catholic priest leaders of the christian world are known abusers

Or do you prefer details being acknowledged and separation of details...

Ed Dames is not Remote Viewers in the same way catholic priest are not the churches

Title-
Ed Dames, a Remote Viewer, predicts Meteor Impact pre 2013

misleading title-
leads to misunderstandings- this needed to be added to prevent this

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I do not want, nor Have I solicited, your personal information ... I asked you to put up proof or your skills or be quiet... Are you a scientist, what experiments have you ran? ect... Please post where I asked for your name, address, phone number, or ISP address...

Please do not pretend that asking for information about me in any form is not personal information.

if you are a professional of some sort the profession your in is not personal it is general...

Ridiculous. Soliciting any information about me is personal information.

Again you have been respectfully asked to provide proof you are not a nutcase debunker ...

The onus is on RV to demonstrate that it works. That has been an absolute 100% failure. Please stick to the topic which is RV, not you or I.

The government funded it for a long time... each year they got funding... is but one aspect of proof

That is not proof of anything other than the government can spend money. The end of that run was a determination that RV did not work. Plenty of time was invested to learn that lesson.

You however have not backed up your claims, you have just made claims. Actually you do have to do the fieldwork to challenge those in that field.

Do you deny that all of the failures I listed were anything other than failures?

You have no skills to make the claims your are making...

This is beginning to sound like whining on your part. If you think RV works, then please post the information that it works.

You are doing zilch to support RV. At least believers in things like homeopathy have something to post. RV is nothing to post other than the government wasted a few paltry millions over a number of years.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Again today people I normally deal with do not have the courage of their convictions. At least you and a few other knuckle heads are here honest

rather then waste both our life spans when it is apparent neither one of us will budge I will try and respect your views but I ask you do not lump me in with the rest.

I misspoke earlier and could have worded this better. Allow me to rephrase.

I want to pick a skeptics brain on the subject.

Drop your disbelief and assume they got the results (I know you claim not but put that aside)

To sum it up

There are plenty of unconscious avenues information passes through

we are all connected (six degrees of separation)
with dunbars number (human batching nodes)

Information theory ( of note is how computers exchange info- entropy lessened with ends added to the data)
memes ( those sticky phrases and ideas that stick in our heads and spread out)

Tipping point was mentioned because of the mention of the viral spread of ideas

With the CRV's could this explain the information?

For it to be true I had to have reverse speech to have conversations going on passing information

Now as for future events- such as this subject of this thread

Humans possess a barometric pressure sense of some such, still subconsciously attuned to these changes

Would this generate some events sub effects our sciences cant measure?

A change in something very subtle... as a result of incidents...

This is what I meant by Houdini investigating issues. How would you see the process working bypassing controls?

Please note there is an old theory that we retain much of our species traumas unconsciously and we impose them on our stories we tell...

(note the flood myth prevalent in many cultures as a popular example)

No I am not saying dames killshot is accurate

You know how I feel on the subject
I am asking to hear from a disbeliever for a scientific explanation minus fraud and con

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What is missing in all of this is testing. Where are the objective tests that validate RV?

You list some ideas such as information theory, memes, and some claims about "Humans possess a barometric pressure sense of some such".

But where is the evidence that tells us any of this is true? Nowhere to be seen.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Stereo,
what if,, just one of these "Viewers" had it right.
You know without a doubt and know them personally to know that one to be wrong,?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

To suppose that everyone is different would be kind of a normal thing don't you think? Not everyone can run a 4 minute mile, but some do. Not everyone can swim the English channel, but some do. So if RV works, then there might be some that can do it and others not.

Fine. Where is the evidence that some can do it?

I do understand that the waters get muddied with all sorts of people pretending to be able to do something. I believe there are many people that report sightings of UFOs, cryptos, and whatever that made it hard to find the truth in these issues.

Supposing that we can get past these trouble makers that pretend to be war veterans or financial investment smartie pans or RV able people, etc., where are the genuine people and what testing have they passed?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dr. Dean Radin has been an outspoken supporter of the art and science of Remote Viewing. along those lines, here is a scientific paper on the double slit experiment "using "classic" physics experimental apparatus--first the Michelson interferometer, and now the double-slit device--to demonstrate the influence human consciousness has on quantum events".

Print publication inPhysics Essays this month June!

Discussion and Links

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

To suppose that everyone is different would be kind of a normal thing don't you think? Not everyone can run a 4 minute mile, but some do. Not everyone can swim the English channel, but some do. So if RV works, then there might be some that can do it and others not.

Fine. Where is the evidence that some can do it?

I do understand that the waters get muddied with all sorts of people pretending to be able to do something. I believe there are many people that report sightings of UFOs, cryptos, and whatever that made it hard to find the truth in these issues.

Supposing that we can get past these trouble makers that pretend to be war veterans or financial investment smartie pans or RV able people, etc., where are the genuine people and what testing have they passed?

Maybe those that truly are correct never really see the light of day so to speak. Do you believe our government is 100% honest with everything? thank you for viewing my perspective.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: smiles for stereo

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Maybe those that truly are correct never really see the light of day so to speak. Do you believe our government is 100% honest with everything? thank you for viewing my perspective.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: smiles for stereo

And, of course, when the military quit funding RV after 20+ years, RV for the purpose of national security was simply thrown away.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

What does that have to do with RV? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Maybe those that truly are correct never really see the light of day so to speak.

That seems unreasonable don't you think? There are plenty of people making claims. Why are there no people making claims that turn out to be correct?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

And, of course, when the military quit funding RV after 20+ years, RV for the purpose of national security was simply thrown away.

I'm glad you can laugh at the failure of RV.

Notice that everyone was let go. No one is claiming that there were those left behind. RV was deemed useless despite the overwhelming amount of time given to them to show their stuff. There can't be the lame excuse that sufficient time was not provided.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dazsmith

Daz Smith is the person I communicated with for about a year. He is so self deluded it is incredible. He is one of the people that did an RV on a stationary mark on Mars and claimed it was an active project with aliens squirting some sort of a hose. Daz is also the person that claimed that energetic and rhythmic was a good description of a tornado. The guy is crackers. He really, really believes that dry and musical is an appropriate description for Arkansas. I kid you not.

LOL, just like on the other forum, yet again you are incorrect.
In the target you mentioned which I did as part of a BLIND remote viewing experiment. The target turned out to be a Tornado. In my 20 or so pages of data I said the target is a tornado, sketched it and described it. Yet you in you inability to accept the obvious - grasp one or two of my descriptive words from all these pages of data in hope of saying I was off target - you dont mention my sketches of movement interacting with man made structure or that I said this target is a TORNADO, in session.
dont take my word for it the RV sessions are here - see for yourselves: [SNIP]

Remote Viewing has been tested to death. Tested and evaluated for over 20 years by the top labs in the U.S, repeatedly given budgets to continue yera on years for over 23 years by the intel, government and congress - do you really think they did this if it dindt work. No to mention that every year the programs went through, scientific oversights committees, congressional oversight committees, human use oversight committees. There are millions or recorded double blind remote viewing trila on record showing an effect above the norm - yet you and all your qualifications and supreme knowledge of science claim that all this was wrong, all these scientists were wrong and that you are right and that there is nothing to it.

Now, ummm who has the most credibility here - science and a project/research funded for over 23 years continuously, showing results year on year - or you with your closed mind?

But above all get your fact right and dont put words into my mouth.

All the best...
Daz

Sorry to leave you out Daz. This is from my previous post, and I will also invite Maj. Dames. "To Joe, Lyn, and Courtney, 9572 6043"
edit on 5-6-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Good news, Violater1!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks for bringing up all of that phoney baloney Daz was spewing such as "millions or[sic] recorded double blind remote viewing trila[sic] ".

Daz shows up. He blusters. He goes away without providing any substance to his tales.

The fact still stands that no one has shown anything that supports typical RV claims:
1. It is scientific
2. It works

Just as Daz makes unsubstantiated claims so do all the rest.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join