It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to shut-down the net on March 31?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Anyone remember this? arstechnica.com...

We shall see what can be done to prevent this possible publicity stunt.... you know they will try one way or the other... let's hope it doesn't include a solution which involves the government doing it themselves....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Your money wont matter soon anyway. The dollar has no value to any country anymore...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This would be bull and horrible because people like me who do online college are going to suffer for it. I could lose my financial aid, end up having to pay 4k for missing that class, depending how long they keep it down. Why are they so against every single person? What about those of us getting by on places like Etsy, ebay and so on where that IS our only source of income?

I wish they'd stop meddling and hurting us innocent people. Who's going to pay for my schooling if the net is down for a long time????? them?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
This would be bull and horrible because people like me who do online college are going to suffer for it. I could lose my financial aid, end up having to pay 4k for missing that class, depending how long they keep it down. Why are they so against every single person? What about those of us getting by on places like Etsy, ebay and so on where that IS our only source of income?

I wish they'd stop meddling and hurting us innocent people. Who's going to pay for my schooling if the net is down for a long time????? them?

Im very sure if your schooling is online and the whole entire internet is down that your school would not fail you... its not like youd be lying...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
What about people like me who make their living online?

Do I have a say? Because to me if "Anonymous"...."shut down the Internet" then "Anonymous" ain't cool.

And who the F is "Anonymous" anyways? Since they're Anonymous how can anyone vet them?

Screw "Anonymous". I don't know them. They could be anything from a bunch of kids to government spooks.

I think you're one of the people they're doing what they do for... you know, battling for internet freedom.
You think the government won't one day step in and next thing you know there will be limitations on your product, or your income.?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Anonymous = JOKE!

Honestly, what a bunch of bs. Nothing is going to happen! Just another group of big talk, no walk punks. If they were going to do something like that, IF THEY EVEN COULD, they wouldn't announce a date six weeks away; they'd just do it and then take credit like any other self respecting cyber-terrorists.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Really? How else have they hurt you?

And how does taking the internet down for one day ruin your college experience? Here's an idea, do your homework the day before, juuuuust in case!

ETA: and if it's that crucial, JUST WRITE DOWN THE IP ADDRESS!!!!!!
edit on 16-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just because you crash the tld's won't mean that everyone else would be affected.
You'd still have your local copy of dns.
plus your isp would still have a local copy.

you may have issues if you try to visit a site that you've never been to before.
The internet is very robust and if someone tried to knock the tld servers offline they'd have to deal with hardware that senses ddos attacks.

It would be difficult but not impossible.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Can you provide a reason why you would have them arrested?

You know throughout history, the people who brought about positive change were always called "criminals".

*que Rosa Parks story*

So are you agreeing that they are criminals and should face the consequences of criminal activity so they can bring about positive change?

Or that they are not criminals, should not face the consequences and not make positive change?

huh? wtf....

I don't recall saying that their contribution would be getting arrested, I simply made a point that "revolutionaries" usually are that, because they "commit crimes".... wow

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmceeTrick

Your money wont matter soon anyway. The dollar has no value to any country anymore...

Maybe you live a life where you don't have to pay rent or bills,because I can only surmise that someone who doesn't have financial obligations would respond in such an irresponsible way.

I live in the present. And at present my landlord and needs for food to survive very MUCH depend on money.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

they announce what they are gonna do lol mostly.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

And how does taking the internet down for one day ruin your college experience? Here's an idea, do your homework the day before, juuuuust in case!

I can personally lose $300 dollars in one day if the internet was 'taken down'.

How would you like to shell that because of a group of 'hackers' you've never met, can't be found, have no representative and claim to be 'for the people"?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

I can personally lose $300 dollars in one day if the internet was 'taken down'.

How would you like to shell that because of a group of 'hackers' you've never met, can't be found, have no representative and claim to be 'for the people"?

Right? Last time they took down paypal, people lost lots of income. They never stop to think about the normal innocents. The net isn't just about the government etc. I don't mind anon when they do funny stuff that doesn't affect me personally, but when you start depriving me and my family of money? uh-uh. Nope. NOPE.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This doesn't make any sense. Sounds like someone calling themselves anonymous said something to illicit a response. Shows over people, everyone go home.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Dude im 34 years old and i do pay my rent and my bills and my car note and my loans off. Im just saying Countries around the globe are begining to turn or plan on turning away from the dollar. Once other countries refuse to be paid in dollars its going to be the end of the american economy. This happened to GReat Brittan in the 70's. Trust me IM not making this up you can cleary read on credible news sites all over the world.. You forget we are the only country who can leagally print the US dollar. So that is why it became the world money. But unfortunetly we print way more than we actually have remember for every piece of us tender there is gold backing it up... but when you print money where is no gold backing it... you lose value... as im sure you understand. Again this is a huge discussion amongts economist. What do you think will happen when oil supplying nations decide to not accept our money anymore and demand to paid in gold or their money... ??? Becuase its already begining. NO CONSPIRACY HERE this is fact!

I hope annymous eradicates the credit systems to...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I loathe the gov't as much as anon does. We are alike there.

Why am I then having to suffer? NOT right.

The net could be down for weeks for all we know. Who knows what kind of backlash this will have? Paypal was down for a while cuz of them. There were tons of pissed off innocents. Those outside of anon also dislike the government. I wish they'd remember us before they screw us over.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

It's funny you mentioned that because Paypal is one of my payment methods. That day they attacked Paypal I had an extra 12 hour transfer hold because of the activity, after not being able to Log in for 4 hours.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

While I agree with you.....

WTF does that have to do with my MONEY at PRESENT?

You're talking about an entirely different subject.

By your logic, "Hey dude your money is gonna be no good anyways so who cares if some hackers screw with your business NOW"??

Se how retarded that sounds?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmceeTrick

But unfortunetly we print way more than we actually have remember for every piece of us tender there is gold backing it up... but when you print money where is no gold backing it... you lose value... as im sure you understand. Again this is a huge discussion amongts economist. What do you think will happen when oil supplying nations decide to not accept our money anymore and demand to paid in gold or their money... ??? Becuase its already begining. NO CONSPIRACY HERE this is fact!

I hope annymous eradicates the credit systems to...

The gold standard was abandoned in 1971, 6 years before you were born...
And if the credit system is ruined in the future, why have you been paying into it all these years? Sounds like a waste to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I read the nfo pasted around the interwebs.

Stop and think long and hard about who benefits from anon doing this. Us? Or the people trying to pass sopa and other restrictive laws?

I know where my feelings point.

Deny ignorance

ETA:

I suggest you start writing down the IP addresses of your favorite sites, because if they do manage to take down a few dns servers, it's going to be messy
edit on 16-2-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join