It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Prepper shots own thumb off ... now how is he regarded?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well he IS prepping for a doomsday that might never happen, that does take a certian type of paranoid indevidual in the first place.

If he hates blood, going underground to stop it happening sounds perfectly in line.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think it is the perfect reason for people to get out there and practice. We all have skills that are lacking, his happenes to be with weapons. You go do what you can and build them up, so that your able to do them if needed to in a SHTF.
Some of us are great at shooting, camping, hiking, and fishing...well, we might suck at canning food, growing food, making fuel or construction..I am just saying do be to hard on the guy...atleast he gets out there and practices...although, I think he might look into a few shooting school for assistance.

Just my food for thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by Biigs
reply to post by leawyoming

reply to post by Glassbender777

He said it "misfired" i call bull on that, modern weapons in the hands of a trained pro (like this guy for the most part seemed to be) would NEVER have a loaded weapon pointed at anything they did intend to kill and CERTINLY not their own body parts! Thats a fact.

This guy obviously got excited and let slip his gun control, simply too embarressed to admit in front of his kids.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Yep I hear that too man.
I was figuring on giving him the benefit of the doubt as a slam-fire with a hand screw up but the likelihood is the guy's trigger finger is ultimately responsible...

I broke my Femer in half, As the doctor said, the Femer is the most painful bone you can brake in your body. The pain was so intense the medic gave me two doses of morphine to just take the edge off. Worst part was i went for about an hour before the medics got to me. I was close to passing out and i knew it, so i slowed down my breathing and tryed to bring good thoughts into my head. The tunnel vision then went away. Sucked so bad.

My leg is now 1 inch shorter then the other. lol
midgit digit leg.

edit on 16-2-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh a little.

My daughter had her finger partially bitten off by a horse when she was 9 and she didn't pass out.
Guess she'll be good to have around when the SHTF.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

Reminds me of this guy.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I guess his views on the imminent collapse of society are now un-opposable.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

This was operator error - not a weapons malfunction.
The only thing malfunctioning is his brain.

No part of his or anyone else's body should have been if front of that weapon.
My guess is his gun jammed and he tried to clear the round.
Apparently, he nearly shot his son instead.

After watching the whole series I would have to say they picked some of the people (Ralston included) for the purposes of entertainment (mockery).

I was wondering why nobody from ATS got called by National Geo.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptHowdy

Yoooo soooo funny, CaptHowdy. lolol

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Knew a DEA agent who did the same thing with a MP-5k. Maybe the TV guy should quit preppin and get a job with the Gov. Wasn't their a NY cop that shot himself in the leg in front of some school kids? Maybe they have an opening also. This should, at least, relieve the worries of Nancy Pelosi Its obvious we are no threat to anyone but ourselves. LOL

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Biigs

This was operator error - not a weapons malfunction.
The only thing malfunctioning is his brain.

No part of his or anyone else's body should have been if front of that weapon.
My guess is his gun jammed and he tried to clear the round.
Apparently, he nearly shot his son instead.

After watching the whole series I would have to say they picked some of the people (Ralston included) for the purposes of entertainment (mockery).

I was wondering why nobody from ATS got called by National Geo.

more then half the people an the show are retarted. I think they are making this a mockery show. Some of these peoples ideas and plans and just stupid and will get them killed

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Real Preppers wouldn't go on the show. Unless your just into making it harder for yourself when the time comes.
edit on 16-2-2012 by CSBowie because: miss spell

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Mr midget digit blew it...off.

I don't know. Have been handling firearms safely for 40 years now. Never once had an accidental discharge or burst chamber or barrel. Though i knew a kid that did some dirt digging with his dads 870 and split the last 3 inches of barrel lol. He still got to hunt the next year with orange surveyors tape tied to the muzzle. I did have a cedar arrow shaft snap and almost skewer my hand back when wood was hip. I only use aluminum for that reason.

This is the very reason why I tell new folks to get training first. The statement he made about going out in the desert so he could shoot the way he wanted too told me the range master jumped him and did a little shouting in his ear a time or two. Our new range has cameras on every stall and red lights above them. They have people watching everything going on and they will flip the light on and come out if there is a rules violation. I really like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Sounds like camera fear.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Mr midget digit blew it...off.

I don't know. Have been handling firearms safely for 40 years now. Never once had an accidental discharge or burst chamber or barrel. Though i knew a kid that did some dirt digging with his dads 870 and split the last 3 inches of barrel lol. He still got to hunt the next year with orange surveyors tape tied to the muzzle. I did have a cedar arrow shaft snap and almost skewer my hand back when wood was hip. I only use aluminum for that reason.

This is the very reason why I tell new folks to get training first. The statement he made about going out in the desert so he could shoot the way he wanted too told me the range master jumped him and did a little shouting in his ear a time or two. Our new range has cameras on every stall and red lights above them. They have people watching everything going on and they will flip the light on and come out if there is a rules violation. I really like that.

Strange to have wood shatter like that, it usually happens due to using the wrong spine of arrow with a heavier draw bow...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
lmfao ... he's an idiot and prime candidate for a darwin award ...

ta for a good laugh to start my day

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join