It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Suicide....Has The GOP Written Off The Women's Vote?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The woman's vote? How about the fraud that has written off the entire vote regardless of gender? Has anyone seen a Romney or Newt sticker? I haven't.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
reply to post by MasterGemini

I am a female. I do recognize that too many modern western women have been influenced by feminism by being driven by a massive amount of narcissism, materialism, and greed- the things I deplore the most.

Uh huh. And of course you know what it was like for women who lived during the 50s.

Feminism is about Equal Rights and the Right for each woman to decide what is right for her.

It is so sad - - - when a woman doesn't get it.

Its even sadder when young women today don't recognize or understand what happened during the era of the Feminist movement - - - and the legal results of that movement.

I love how Conservative women complain about how women in the Mideast are treated - - - then in the same breath attack Feminism.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Uh huh. And of course you know what it was like for women who lived during the 50s.

Many women if not most have fond memories of the 50's, more-so than today. Men have never had it better than women in American society. Working a dead-end job is certainly not an ideal lifestyle. Feminists have a strange fetish for playing the victim.

Feminism is about Equal Rights

No, it most certainly is not. Feminism is about special privilege for women. Having equal opportunity is not good enough for feminists. They try to control equal outcome, which hurts both men and women. They also believe women should be devoid of any personal accountability. They still expect men to sacrifice for women while they won't do the same for anyone else.

and the Right for each woman to decide what is right for her.

Exactly...HER, and only her. Feminism is all about promoting narcissism among women. You will do whatever you wish with no regards for hurting or disadvantaging others.

It is so sad - - - when a woman doesn't get it.

I get it perfectly, but I am not a souless narcissist, so feminism does nothing for me.

I love how Conservative women complain about how women in the Mideast are treated - - - then in the same breath attack Feminism.

Just because one extreme is bad, it does not mean the other extreme is acceptable.

edit on 3/3/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Many women if not most have fond memories of the 50's, . . .

Tell me your memories of the 50s.

I actually lived them - - - did you?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Last night I saw a story in the news regarding the fact that Virginia, Texas & Iowa have introduced legislation mandating Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound procedures be performed on women prior to obtaining an abortion. This is a very invasive procedure that includes vaginal penetration. Now I ask; What if anything, could be a more direct invasion of personal privacy? What could be a more direct violation of our 4th Amendment rights?

Although the Governor has said he will consider the personhood bill he has been clear he would sign the forced ultrasound bill. But let's start calling this what it really is: state sanctioned rape.

I'll go with the abortion, it self more direct invasion of personal privacy,seems just as invasive to me

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

My point was not that I lived then. I spoke of other women who did. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY WOMAN TO HAVE LIVED IN THE 50'S.

My god...it's like talking to a brick wall.

I don't care what your claims are of other women who lived in the 50s. I actually did.

Oh yeah - - absolutely - - just like the "Good Old Days" - - one can choose selected memory.

Here's an interesting twist to domestic violence. One of the issues fought for by Feminists. Oh Yes! In the 50s if a husband beat up his wife - - it was her fault - - and she had no legal recourse. "THE GOOD OLD DAYS"

Domestic Violence Law Repealed By Lawmakers In Topeka, Kansas

TOPEKA, Kan. — Over the past month, one by one, people suspected in domestic battery cases in northeast Kansas have been set free with no charges against them. Prosecutors say they're overwhelmed with felonies and, faced with budget cuts, can't afford to pursue the cases. **Busted budgets have forced tough decisions by governments and law enforcement officials nationwide, but the Shawnee County district attorney's move to stop investigating domestic abuse and other misdemeanor cases has angered victims' advocates who say austerity has gone too far. www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thinking only your perception matters is typical of a feminist who thinks the world revolves around them.

Domestic violence is not an issue that only affects women.

Men also used to get in fights at the bar without getting arrested. Personal altercations and domestic issues were considered just that. They didn't feel the need to get the police involved as much as people do now. Adults were considered to be of the ability to handle these issues on their own. I'm not saying I necessarily fully agree with the concept, but you have to understand that there was a different mindset back then. There is no conspiracy against women.

Also, the law is without a doubt easier on women who commit domestic violence or sex offenses.
edit on 3/3/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Thinking only your perception matters is typical of a feminist who thinks the world revolves around them.

Domestic violence is not an issue that only affects women.

You are living/perceiving a preconceived fantasyland that does not exist.

How old are you? What exactly is your experience in the real world as a woman?

AGAIN - - - I actually lived in the 50s. It is not a second hand viewpoint.

Watch "I Love Lucy" - - - where her money allowance is completely dependent on what Ricky decides she needs. Not what she decides she needs - - but what her husband decides she needs.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You are living/perceiving a preconceived fantasyland that does not exist.

No...that would be you. You think all women are non-violent, helpless victims. You either live under a rock or choose to ignore reality.

AGAIN - - - I actually lived in the 50s. It is not a second hand viewpoint.

AGAIN- you are not the only woman that lived during the 50's.

Watch "I Love Lucy" - - - where her money allowance is completely dependent on what Ricky decides she needs. Not what she decides she needs - - but what her husband decides she needs.

I own almost all season of ILL. Lucy almost always gets to buy whatever SHE wants. Ricky only tries to control Lucy's reckless spending habits. The only time he asks her to use her money in a different manner than what she wishes is when the bills need to be paid.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Ricky only tries to control Lucy's reckless spending habits. The only time he asks her to use her money in a different manner than what she wishes is when the bills need to be paid.

Are you listening to yourself?

LOL - - yeah - - - what the husband considers reckless.

"I Love Lucy" - - is actually a pretty good representation of a woman in the 50s - - limited by what her husband determines is acceptable.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

A reminder to...

...please remain on topic and refrain from hurling personal insults at one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

FYI...

The subject of this thread is:

Let's please get back on topic and remain so.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

FYI...

The subject of this thread is:

Let's please get back on topic and remain so.

Good point. I, for one, think that Saintorum's campaign staff are hitting about the head with broken bottles in a vain effort to keep him silent. That rubbish he's been spouting recently about contraception and women in the armed forces could have made the difference in Ohio.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I thought I'd take another look at some statistics. A Washington Post-ABC News poll was reported in a Massachusetts article dated February 24 www.masslive.com...

Among Republican women, Santorum's favorable ratings are now almost in a tie with Romney, but Romney's unfavorables are higher

Fifty-seven percent of Republican women have a favorable view of Santorum, an increase of 13 points since the beginning of January, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Santorum has now nearly reached GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's support from Republican women. Sixty-one percent of Republican women have a favorable view of Romney. However, more Republican women have an unfavorable view of Romney than of Santorum, at 28 percent and 18 percent respectively.
But what about Independent and Democrat women? Surely they must have an unfavorable rating for Santorum up about 80%?

Among Democratic and Independent female voters, the Republican presidential candidates don't fare well, according to the poll. Santorum is viewed unfavorably by 40 percent of Democratic women and 36 percent of Independent women voters while Romney is viewed unfavorably by 55 percent of Democratic women and 43 percent of Independent women voters.
Only 40% of DEMOCRAT women have an unfavorable view of Santorum? And only 36% of the Independents?

Instead of writing off the women's vote, it looks like they're winning it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I thought I'd take another look at some statistics. A Washington Post-ABC News poll

This looks like an on-line poll. I always question the validity of on-line polls (for any denomination or anything else) - - - because I question which demographic is really interested enough in politics to participate in an on-line poll.

Does everyone really have a computer these days? Well - the kids do - - - but still - even today - - - not all adults are computer savvy. And if they do use a computer - - - what do they use it for? I'd say most use it for email and
Facebook (basically social media).

I just see on-line political polls - - - similar to disenfranchise voters. I just don't believe a diverse cross section is represented.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join