It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Suicide....Has The GOP Written Off The Women's Vote?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

I beginning to wonder if the GOP isn't deliberately alienating as many voters as possible prior to the upcoming Presidential elections

No, they are crazy. They have been pushing this stuff since they day they took the house, and a lot of the newly elected were either in the Tea Party, or under the influence of the Tea Party.

Exactly. To a normal brain, what they say and do looks remarkably insane.
I would also think they are intentionally alienating people and holding to completely hypocritical and outdated ideas if I didn't know better.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
A radio talkshow host has a priest, a minister, and a rabbi on his show, and the topic of conversation is:
"When do you think life begins?"

First the radio talkshow host asks the minister, and the minister's response is "I believe life begins when the heart starts beating."

Second the radio talkshow host asks the priest when he believes life begins, and the priest responds: "I believe God has assigned the new life a soul at the moment of conception."

Last to answer the question is the rabbi. The host asks him: "You are older than all of us and in your infinite wisdom when do you believe life begins?"

Stroking his long beard and seeming deep in thought the rabbi leans forward to speak into the microphone and says:

"When the youngest leaves the house."

Wonderful bit. Kudoes to you.

To answer the OP. The Stepford Wives will follow unquestioningly. The rest? Well...not so much.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Let's face it, the GOP is now the party of old cranky paranoid white men who don't see anything wrong about lecturing young people (especially women) about not doing anything that they wouldn't do. The fact that Santorum is leading in the Republican national polls says it all. Their mental cheese is sliding off their cracker.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That implies women are not against abortion. Its like saying a man must be for (against) rape because he is a man.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
So as a clearly conservative woman, does the prior statement imply that you're also in favor of women who cannot afford to support a child jumping on the welfare system? or are you just for giving them up for adoption in this case and making this child an added expense to the state or charity run adoption system?

Why is it in the abortion arguments that a pro-choicer tries to twist values? She says shes for preserving life or have the child go through the option system.

And your all like "Well yeah that cost money you can't believe in stuff that cost money"

OT: I'm not really sure how I feel about this, don't they have to stick something up the who-ha anyways to preform the abortion? If its clearly not a life then the women should have no trouble dealing with the extra delay, in seeing the fetus right?
edit on 2/18/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yeah the GOP is back into 1950 territory in women rights.

Ridiculous. They are trying their hardest to self-destruct apparently.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Republicans look at people as individuals.

They don't write off or pander to groups.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Delusional, thy name is Carseller4

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

Originally posted by Carseller4
Republicans look at people as individuals.

They don't write off or pander to groups.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Delusional, thy name is Carseller4

No kidding.

I'm still a registered Republican. 40+ year Goldwater Republican. I keep saying I'm going to re-register myself as an Independent - - - but I can't seem to let go of it.

What we have today are not Republicans and Democrats. What we have to day are Neo-Cons and Centrists.

The "Republican" Neo-Cons - - - are the biggest example of SHEEP in our political system. It just blows my mind when they call Liberals Sheep.

These people really need to look hard at themselves in a reflective mirror.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraegTheir mental cheese is sliding off their cracker.

Bitter, greedy, old white men with money and unreconstructed confederates with hearts full of hatred. Which will not comprise an electoral majority.

And I am not sure what to think about "conservative women" who are not alarmed by this sort of legislation. Stockholm Syndrome, maybe?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A close family member voted Republican since her first vote at age 18. Then in her 30s she added to her family of sons by giving birth to a daughter. It was then she listened more closely to what the GOP was saying and decided she didn't want anyone making a very personal decision for her daughter or have her daughter resort to an unsafe illegal abortion.

It was then she quit voting Republican 20 years ago and since has found more reason to not vote for Republican candidates (as she finds their attitude totally at odds with the religious values she holds when she works with the homeless, for example her Bible's having Jesus telling nations that they must feed and clothe the poor to gain Heaven). Actually, I can remember an elderly GOP woman, who held views much as my family member, being interviewed in 1980 saying that her voice was not being heard at the GOP convention.

As for the mandate of a trans-vaginal sonogram, having nothing to do with the medical procedure, yes, that is rape with a foreign object in my book. Unwanted penetration with a foreign object is rape. And that is state mandated rape we're talking about here.

Of course, it could be that the males that voted for/support these bills are clueless about the above, in that case they should not vote for what they're not familiar with. Or they still have a (lingering?) mindset that has a long history in the US, that women are their property and, by God, they have a right to beat them and order them around. Such thinking was around at the the writing of the 14th Amend.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The fact that you still believe in the political system makes me think you have written off your intelligence.
edit on 20-2-2012 by MasterGemini because: That means I think you are really really STUPID

Also what is with all these 'women' 'liberals' and 'gays' wanting to murder children in the womb?

Oh its not alive yet . . . so now children are cancer . . . . wow soooo F'd up.

Get over your emotions and realize the world does not revolve around your sorry ass.

They should do the ultrasound anally to avoid any discrimination from the gay community.

edit on 20-2-2012 by MasterGemini because: 101

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wondered where this "trans-vaginal" business was coming from, so I looked at the law. lis.virginia.gov...

Abortion; informed consent. Requires that, as a component of informed consent to an abortion, to determine gestation age, every pregnant female shall undergo ultrasound imaging and be given an opportunity to view the ultrasound image of her fetus prior to the abortion. The medical professional performing the ultrasound must obtain written certification from the woman that the opportunity was offered and whether the woman availed herself of the opportunity to see the ultrasound image or hear the fetal heartbeat. A copy of the ultrasound and the written certification shall be maintained in the woman's medical records at the facility where the abortion is to be performed. This bill incorporates HB 261.

So where is everybody getting this "trans-vaginal" stuff from? The word isn't even mentioned. At first glance, it looks like people bought into scare-mongering.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

The fact that you still believe in the political system makes me think you have written off your intelligence.
edit on 20-2-2012 by MasterGemini because: That means I think you are really really STUPID

Also what is with all these 'women' 'liberals' and 'gays' wanting to murder children in the womb?

Oh its not alive yet . . . so now children are cancer . . . . wow soooo F'd up.

Get over your emotions and realize the world does not revolve around your sorry ass.

They should do the ultrasound anally to avoid any discrimination from the gay community.

edit on 20-2-2012 by MasterGemini because: 101

Uh, based on your post, it would appear to me that you're the one who ran off and got all emotional. As my wife can testify, if you're looking for me to get overly emotional about anything other than my kids and grandchildren, you're probably looking in the wrong place. Furthermore, you do know that it's statements like this, made by people such as yourself, that's giving Arizona such a bad reputation, don't you?

As far as I'm concerned this is about a woman's right to privacy and more specifically, it's about an individuals right to privacy. If I'm not mistaken, that right to privacy was the foundation on which the entire Roe v. Wade decision was based and this new demand for non-concensual trans-vaginal ultrasound is nothing more than a renewed attack on those same fundamental rights, just from a slightly different approach. If you can't see this for what it really is, then I pity you.

Other than that, I really don't have any skin in this game because like I said before, I'm not a woman, I've never been pregnant or faced with any of the circumstances that might compel someone to consider abortion and thanks to my vasectomy, the chances of me fathering any more children is all but non-existant.

This is about the right to privacy and if left up to the neo-cons in the right-winged T.P./GOP, they will eliminate that right at the earliest possible opportunity. These people are apparently, more concerned with what goes on in our bedrooms, than our partners are. Go figure!

Any day now, I fully expect to see them introduce new legislation mandating that women wear dresses in public, unless the temperature falls below freezing. They could call it "The Republican Burka Mandate."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

There is no demand for a trans-vaginal ultrasound.

The right to privacy was created to support the Roe decision. Roe was built on it this new right because there was no other right it could be based on.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

So how do you feel about an older woman, say 44, that accidentally gets pregnant, but if she were to have the baby she could possibly die due to previous illnesses that would make carrying a baby lethal?

Do you put the baby before the woman?

To me, legislating a person's body should be OFF Limits! THese bills are very invasive, don't let them legislate your body, women!

THink of the women in Afghanistan that walk behind their men. They have no say, the men and their religion legislate.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

This is where the term is coming from.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

Transvaginal ultrasound
Transvaginal ultrasound is a type of pelvic ultrasound. It is used to look at a woman's reproductive organs, including the uterus, ovaries, cervix, and vagina. Transvaginal means across or through the vagina.

I don't know if the actual legislation uses that exact term to describe the procedure but, as you can tell from these articles, many news outlets have indeed chosen to utilize it.

www.rhrealitycheck.org...

State-Sanctioned Rape: Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound Laws in Virginia, Texas, and Iowa

www.cleveland.com...

Transvaginal ultrasound bill in Virginia, 'personhood' measures nationwide change battle lines on abortion: A Closer Look

Anyway, as you can see, it is an actual medical term.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How does abortion tie into rights to privacy?

It takes a sperm & an egg. That is, part of a man and part of a woman . . . . it really just comes off as people trying to pass off their responsibilities and repercussions to their actions.

I think this is the fundamental (lol) difference between the Pro-Baby killers and the Anti-Baby killers.

No really, how is does Rights to Privacy tie into vacuuming a fetus out of a vag?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Dear Flatfish,

Several posters to this thread have expressed their dismay that they are going to be violated by a trans-vaginal ultrasound. Their points have included that it is the same as another rape.

In looking at the law. I see that it only calls for an ultrasound, which is often done by laying the device on the outside of the mother-to-be's abdomen. It doesn't go inside.

My contention is that those claiming a trans-vaginal is required are being misled and they should find other, more valid, objections to these laws.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

How does abortion tie into rights to privacy?

It takes a sperm & an egg. That is, part of a man and part of a woman . . . . it really just comes off as people trying to pass off their responsibilities and repercussions to their actions.

I think this is the fundamental (lol) difference between the Pro-Baby killers and the Anti-Baby killers.

No really, how is does Rights to Privacy tie into vacuuming a fetus out of a vag?

As I've stated in previous post within this thread, I am not attempting to debate the right to abortion with this thread. That right was established with the Roe V. Wade supreme court decision and until such time as that is changed, it is the law of the land and I accept it for what it is.

The right to privacy is very much in play with regards to the new legislation requiring non-concensual trans-vaginal procedures because in violates one's right to privacy between themselves and their doctor. Ever heard of "Doctor/Patient Privilege" or "Attorney/Client Privilege?" These are two of the most fundamental applications of the right to privacy and IMO, this proposed legislation would literally trample all over that right.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear Flatfish,

Several posters to this thread have expressed their dismay that they are going to be violated by a trans-vaginal ultrasound. Their points have included that it is the same as another rape.

In looking at the law. I see that it only calls for an ultrasound, which is often done by laying the device on the outside of the mother-to-be's abdomen. It doesn't go inside.

My contention is that those claiming a trans-vaginal is required are being misled and they should find other, more valid, objections to these laws.

With respect,
Charles1952

According to this article, most abortions occur during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy and at that early stage, the only way to perform the ultra-sound procedure is via a trans-vaginal method. I read the very same explanation in several of the articles I have linked in this thread.

www.slate.com... eason.html

This week, the Virginia state Legislature passed a bill that would require women to have an ultrasound before they may have an abortion. Because the great majority of abortions occur during the first 12 weeks, that means most women will be forced to have a transvaginal procedure, in which a probe is inserted into the vagina, and then moved around until an ultrasound image is produced.

Apparently, there is a period of time, early on in pregnancy when this is the only method that will get the job done.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join