It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Suicide....Has The GOP Written Off The Women's Vote?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

I know I've said something worth thinking about when you chime in. You're right again as usual. Well, half right anyway.

Washington Post poll

The poll was conducted Wed. Feb. 15 to 19, among a random national sample of 1,012 adults. The margin of sampling error for the full poll is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
What I forgot about, and you're absolutely right about, is that people who respond to political polls are already a biased subset. It's hard to believe that any political poll is an accurate representation of anything.

But The Washington Post is certainly not a Republican paper, and I don't know what bias the respondents might have. Anyway, they're all we've got to go on, so grab your salt shaker and check the latest stack of polls (which have different results from last month's)

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. I should start a little of my hundred favorites. You're definitely there. - C

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think polls have a purpose - - and give some idea of current trends.

I used to know someone who set up the questions for polls. There is a real science to - - designed to get the results you want. So who is conducting the poll is very important.

However - - my previous comment was specifically addressed to only online polls. I just don't see your average everyday soccer mom - - taking the time to vote in the Washington Post On-Line Political Poll. I know I don't vote in on-line political poles and I'm on the net all the time.

Anyway - - it looks like it was a regular poll from your information. I did look at the site to see if there was info on this particular pole. But a bouncing 4 year old took priority before I found any

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It scares me. I honestly don't understand how anyone can vote for Santorum - - - let alone women.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I hear you about polls, they are highly suspicious. However, I was just watching Racheal Maddow, I love her, and it looks as though, if Newt Gingrich weren't in the race, Rick Santorum would have won where Romney took the lead, because of Gingrich's ability to split the votes. It's all part of the game, I guess. It is terrifying to think of President Santorum, but maybe that's the idea. Obama is dead, long live Obama.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

I hear you about polls, they are highly suspicious. However, I was just watching Racheal Maddow, I love her, and it looks as though, if Newt Gingrich weren't in the race, Rick Santorum would have won where Romney took the lead, because of Gingrich's ability to split the votes. It's all part of the game, I guess. It is terrifying to think of President Santorum, but maybe that's the idea. Obama is dead, long live Obama.

If Romney was a regular Christian - - not Mormon - - - - I don't think anyone would even know who Santorum is.

Seems to me Fear is driving Christians in voting against a Mormon - - - more then voting for Santorum.

The whole thing is scary - - - especially for women.

As far as Obama - - - I'm a supporter. We'll have to split on that one.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That is only part of it no one is even talking about the fact that Ohio Republicans were still casting votes for Huntsman and Perry despite both being out of the race for over a month. So you have Newt and two drop outs costing Santorum in Ohio.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

NO no, we're on the same page. I support Obama. I could never have voted McCain/Palin. I was "hoping" he could pull off his Health Care Plan, but alas, he buckled and lost a lot of support for being seen as a weak, yes man to the political machine. Thus: "Obama is dead."

Here we are again, with no strong opposing candidate. Obama is looking better, for what it's worth. Thus: "Long live Obama."

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thank the universe my parents moved from Ohio to the west coast before I was born.

My entire family - both sides are all in Ohio - - - - except us. YAY! ME!

The GOP gets crazier and crazier each election cycle. It is like watching a Horror movie.

A lot of women in denial need to wake the crap up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

NO no, we're on the same page. I support Obama.

OH - - OK - - I actually wasn't quite sure what you meant.

Cracked me up in an interview when he said - - - he was getting better at the job (or something like that).

I see him as incredibly intelligent and methodical. Methodical doesn't always work for this "instant result" generation we have today.

This woman is voting for Obama.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

NO no, we're on the same page. I support Obama. I could never have voted McCain/Palin. I was "hoping" he could pull off his Health Care Plan, but alas, he buckled and lost a lot of support for being seen as a weak, yes man to the political machine. Thus: "Obama is dead."

The votes weren't there for a Public Option. Blue Dog Dems in the Senate would not go along with it...too many were bought off by the health insurance industry and Big Pharma....so he cut deals...and now we have the mandates.

And he'll always be able to state that it was a Republican idea...it was actually first proposed by Nixon...and the guy he's going to be running against, Romney, initiated the mandates in Mass. The stimulus, although Republicans never state or talk about it, was 1/3 tax cuts...which the GOP actually fought to get in the stimulus bill...only to vote against it unanimously (except for a few in the Senate).

I can't see any way they can win. IMO...Obama has been getting better at his job....he's starting to grow some balls...finally.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yep. You are so right about the Republican proposals that he is trying to implement. Let's see what he does during his next term.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What?!? Obama is a Methodist! HAHA Just kidding, couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What?!? Obama is a Methodist! HAHA Just kidding, couldn't resist.

Oh NO!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Let's see what he does during his next term.

Just posted this in another thread as I just realized it.

If Obama is re-elected...he will be sitting in the White House during the 50 year anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The notion of that possibly happening is amazing...at least in my eyes.
edit on 7-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

If Obama is re-elected...he will be sitting in the White House during the 50 year anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I think he will definitely be making his historical mark in his second term.

He has to win. What sane person would vote for this crop of GOP candidates.

Although some are claiming they're gonna bring Jeb Bush in late in the game.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by David9176

I think he will definitely be making his mark in his second term.

Ya, The Hammer and Sickle and/or 666

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I think he will definitely be making his mark in his second term.

Originally posted by mastahunta

Ya, The Hammer and Sickle and/or 666

Oh how droll and dreary.

Perhaps not letting 7 billion people run amok is a positive thought.

---------------------------------------------------------

How can any woman still support the GOP? Are they intentionally ignorant to how insulting it is?

edit on 7-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't think Jeb Bush will enter this particular game. He isn't going to risk a substantial loss of local credibility on an election where he plays second base and loses.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I don't think Jeb Bush will enter this particular game. He isn't going to risk a substantial loss of local credibility on an election where he plays second base and loses.

He's never wanted it from all I've heard.

Who knows any more.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How can any woman still support the GOP? Are they intentionally ignorant to how insulting it is?

My wife hates them and thinks they are all completely nuts.....and I agree. In a way, i'm glad the GOP is doing what they are doing as it's gotten her interested in politics. She never cared for it before and consistently gave me crap about talking about it. Now she realizes she had better start paying attention....and that's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Jeb Bush would actually be good and credible candidate to field. He was popular in Florida, but he has a double cursed name and they would never do it. For most Americans if his brothers legacy wasn't enough to get voters to shun him most would not like the idea of a third Bush holding office based on his family alone. I personally think being Hillary Clinton is what really held her back in 2008. It was just too soon after voting a Bush 2 into office. These things play into things even if it is just in the back of people's minds.

But I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment none of the current field can win unless something utterly disastrous happens. All one has to do is look at what is happening in the Republican controlled States to see what the overall agenda is. And women are having issues with it because it is affecting them and their freedom to make choices.

P.S. Odonnell is reporting that despite running uncontested in the Democratic Primary 540,000 plus submitted ballots voting for Obama in Ohio.
edit on 7-3-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join