It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are POTUS candidates actively promoting themselves, except Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If I see some american tv-shows there is most of the time little time for how the different POTUS candidates are doing. Candidates like Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Ron Paul.

They all try to sell their view on politics and the future of the USA to the public....but...where is Obama? Why do I hear so little about his campain? Should he not join the debates and have himself in the media?

Did I miss something, is he not running for a next term? Is he maybe so confident that he can "wing" it.

Don't tell me the vote system is rigged and has he not to worry...

edit on 16/2/2012 by zatara because: of obama

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The republicans are making themselves look so bad this election all he has to do is sit back and "win" by default

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe he's awaiting the REP. GOP nominee to emerge, based off of what I've read and heard in the media.

I know who I'm voting for, and it's not Romney, Santorum, Obama or Gingrich!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
He's in fund raising mode right now

8 fund raisers over the next week or two... Is what I heard...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It would be foolish for him to join in at the moment. Right now the GOP is doing his job for him. If he were to come out now, it may galvanize the opposition against him rather than at each other. Its a simple yet effective divide and conquer strategy.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I saw an ad the other day, in the "dogs hate Mitt" campaign.

It showed Obama and Bo in the back of a limo, telling Mitt how dogs should be transported. Bo was being cuddled by Obama.

It was actually a very cute attack ad.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It would make more sense to wait for one main rival to emerge than battle four and give each scope to criticise him.

Plus it would give critics the opportunity to highlight that there will be plenty of time to debate etc in the near future - his current focus should be running the country!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The GOP candiatdes are actively campaigning right now, because they are actively in elections right now.

Obama will get into the swing of it after the Rep Convention.

The general election is still almost 9 months away, dont worry he will get out there.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, he just wrapped up a visit to Master Lock in Milwaukee and will be in Seattle to tour Boeing on Friday. They say his intent is to increase his message on manufacturing. I say it's because he needs to collect donations from his unions.

From now until Friday, it looks like he's spending time in Los Angeles and San Francisco for fundraisers and staying tonight at the Beverly Hilton, probably to pay his respect to Whitney Houston. Poor woman, she just couldn't keep her crack habit under control like he did.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He is supposed to be running the country.

And he has been campaigning. Wasting time and money. He should be doing his job.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
He is supposed to be running the country.

And he has been campaigning. Wasting time and money. He should be doing his job.

I feel like most people here won't agree but I feel the same exact way. We already know about Obama and how he runs a country. There are plenty of issues going on in our country he should be tending to anyway.

new topics

top topics

join