It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Holes are really just...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have no evidence supporting my theory, and humans likely will never be able to test this out.. never say never though!

I believe black holes are simply Magnetic Monopoles that are constantly attracting up all the matter they touch. The matter becomes so condensed at a point, that Higgs Bosons is neutralized, and the matter than becomes dark energy(Higgs Boson-less) spewing radiation and a few other things in massive amounts.

HMM I am not asking anyone out there to Prove me Right.

Can anyone Prove that theory Wrong though?

I believe monopoles can explain blackholes.... and I accept this explanation.

dont know what a Magnetic Monopole is?
edit on 2/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Nonsense. No one can prove anything right (except their gravity is so strong that not even light can escape, duh) or wrong about black holes because we cant really get close enough to study them.

It's like Schrodinger's cat, both alive and dead at the same time.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

HOWEVER would Magnetic Monopoles not be a valid explanation for those effects we associate with blackholes?

Hmmmm?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

HOWEVER would Magnetic Monopoles not be a valid explanation for those effects we associate with blackholes?
No they would not, because they are something completely different than a blackhole/singularity.......

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think your getting a bit confused between magnetism and gravity. They are not the same thing and they dont work in the same way. A big magnet wouldnt drag everything in the same way as a back hole does because it only effects certain elements. Magnatism does not bend space time like gravity does either.

edit on 16-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Can anyone Prove that theory Wrong though?

I believe monopoles can explain blackholes.... and I accept this explanation.
It's not a theory. You don't even know what a theory is. I wouldn't even call it a rational hypothesis.

It's kind of a mind fart and admission that you don't know much about science or about black holes. Whatever you want to call it, this proves it's false as a magnetic monopole won't explain this observation of a black hole:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0864450afef4.gif[/atsimg]

Or if you think a magnetic monopole explains this, you can try to explain how. But it's probably just better if you go to school and learn why it doesn't. There's another thread about MIT offering free classes.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know there are people out there who claim that magnetism and gravity are the same thing, but those people are blithering idiots.

I know the "paper" you got these ideas from, and it's 100% hoax. (I give credit to the authors by calling it a hoax, this implies that they understand science and are trying to fool people. It's also possible that they are simply morons.)

Magnetism and Gravity are two separate, independent forces.
edit on 16-2-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I think your getting a bit confused between magnetism and gravity. They are not the same thing and they dont work in the same way. A big magnet wouldnt drag everything in the same way as a back hole does because it only effects certain elements. Magnatism does not bend space time like gravity does either.

but... What if elements of Iron gather by way of magnetism and start the initial gathering of other elements by way of gravity? Many planets have an iron core. I know its because it's a heavier element and would eventually settle to the center of the earth, but....

Interesting concept none the less.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

When considering the OPs idea, I thought of this as well and it seems possible.. but this is a little different than what the OP was suggesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

But magnetism has no effect on space time and the fact that gravity does is what causes the fabric of space to bend so that light cannot escape. Thats why they are called 'black holes'. If a black hole was a magnet we would be able to see it..it wouldn't be black.

Seriously its not an interesting concept its just an incorrect one.

top topics

join