It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joshua, Moses, the Law and Redemption.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The core idea of the OP is a good one, but there is more to it. The children of Israel had been given only the anointing of Passover, and this anointing was insufficient for entering into the Kingdom. The people lacked the faith to hear God directly, and demanded that Moses act as an intercessor. Thus, they feared the Word of God. When it came to going in to the Promised Land, they feared the arm of flesh (the current residents) more than they respected the Arm of God. As a side note, I have made it a principle that you can not set up the Kingdom through the agency of the arm of flesh, as Daniel 2:34 makes plain. Many nations have attempted it in the centuries since Moses, and all have failed. So, when it came to going in, they refused, and when Joshua and Caleb, the only two men of that generation who had sufficient faith to go in, tried to encourage them, they threatened to stone them both. Forty years later, these two men, along with the new generation which had come up, were the only two men of that generation still alive to go in. This group, Joshua, Caleb, and the new generation, were a type and shadow of the Overcomers mentioned in the Revelation. Only with the anointing of the Overcomers, aka the anointing of Tabernacles, aka, the full indwelling of the Holy Spirit, can we enter the Kingdom.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I checked my KJV, and my new KJV II also, and both read "Joshua," not "Jesus." I assume you are quoting from the 1611 edition. I was a Christian for years before the Jesus-Joshua connection was made to me. I'm going to go ahead and study the first ten chapters of Joshua. More foreshadowing, and once again we see that the Bible is a unified document.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

If you can't find "Jesus" (pun intended
) in your printings of the KJV, its because of the differences between the Cambridge and Oxford printings of the Holy Text. Cambridge decided they knew what was best for God and changed a few little words here and there that they were not happy with in the 19th century. This of course started the whole mess in 1881 with the RV in my opinion.

What the dirty liars won't tell you is the greek word "Jesus" used in Acts 7:45 and Heb 4:8 is the EXACT word used in the Gospels and everywhere else in the New Testament the word Jesus can be found. The Cambridge publishers decided that the above two passages were talking about Joshua (which they were) so they CHANGED the word of God from the Authorized Version.

So they did a good thing right, with good intentions? Yeah....right. By ignoring that this word "Jesus" found through the whole New testament and changing it to Joshua, they DESTROYED the advanced revelation that Joshua was a perfect type of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament and even laid out the BATTLE PLANS for Armageddon in Joshua chapters 1-10.

Ahhhhhh, smarty pants bible scholars who think they know more than God......JUST LEAVE THE TEXT ONLY!!!!! you never need to change God's words unless you are SMARTER than God. (PRIDE, the SIN OF SATAN!) I have yet to see ONE error in the KJV. NOT ONE! And I challenge any "Christian" to attempt to present one to me. (Not lost folk, you guys don't even know what you are dealing with, let only the power you take for granted)

Besides.....It was GOD who led Israel out of the Wilderness in Acts 7:45.......And God is Jesus Christ.....so read this verse after reading Acts 7:45.

Joshua 5:13-15
"13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
15 And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. "

All new bible perversions change Jesus to Joshua in Acts 7:45 and Heb 4:8 too....that really should be all the proof you need to stick with the correct reading of the 1611 AV.

edit on 21-2-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The core idea of the OP is a good one, but there is more to it. The children of Israel had been given only the anointing of Passover, and this anointing was insufficient for entering into the Kingdom. The people lacked the faith to hear God directly, and demanded that Moses act as an intercessor. Thus, they feared the Word of God. When it came to going in to the Promised Land, they feared the arm of flesh (the current residents) more than they respected the Arm of God. As a side note, I have made it a principle that you can not set up the Kingdom through the agency of the arm of flesh, as Daniel 2:34 makes plain. Many nations have attempted it in the centuries since Moses, and all have failed. So, when it came to going in, they refused, and when Joshua and Caleb, the only two men of that generation who had sufficient faith to go in, tried to encourage them, they threatened to stone them both. Forty years later, these two men, along with the new generation which had come up, were the only two men of that generation still alive to go in. This group, Joshua, Caleb, and the new generation, were a type and shadow of the Overcomers mentioned in the Revelation. Only with the anointing of the Overcomers, aka the anointing of Tabernacles, aka, the full indwelling of the Holy Spirit, can we enter the Kingdom.

I do like your explanation of these parallels also, I may have to use them in the future.
And if you look at the 7 letters to the 7 churches in Revelation Jesus promises some they will be spared the tribulation, and other churches they will go through it or be "spewed out" of His mouth into it. The Harpazo is a blessing for the overcomer, not for salvation.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you read the Exodus story through to the captivity, you will find that the Israelites in the wilderness and in the promised land exactly parallel the seven churches in the Revelation. It is the Tyler Cycle at work on the spiritual level.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If you read the Exodus story through to the captivity, you will find that the Israelites in the wilderness and in the promised land exactly parallel the seven churches in the Revelation. It is the Tyler Cycle at work on the spiritual level.

Even more wild of a study is to see how the 7 churches parallel perfectly church history for the last 2,000 years, if the letter were written in any other order it wouldn't we the case, it's extraordinary.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

All new bible perversions change Jesus to Joshua in Acts 7:45 and Heb 4:8 too.

Joshua is a transliteration from Hebrew to English. Jesus is a translation from Greek "Iesous" into Latin, then English. One is a translation and the other is a transliteration.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

oh yes, I am quite aware of this. But do you understand why the HOLY Spirit led the King James translators to use this word and stick with Jesus as it is found all throughout the Gospels even though the context of these passages is clearly talking about Joshua?

Your missing out on a blessing if you can't see it. Do you know who the Captain of the hosts of the LORD is? hint...Joshua 5:13-15, Heb 2:10, ..... So who was it that led the Jews into the promised land? Was it Joshua or Jesus? Or both...... That English Text has so many hidden jewels in it!
edit on 21-2-2012 by KJV1611 because: captain

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Even more wild of a study is to see how the 7 churches parallel perfectly church history for the last 2,000 years, if the letter were written in any other order it wouldn't we the case, it's extraordinary.

Yes, I'm aware of that, too. I first learned of it when I was a "card-carrying" Seventh-Day Adventist.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes, I'm aware of that, too. I first learned of it when I was a "card-carrying" Seventh-Day Adventist.

That's even more remarkable. Thanks for sharing that Laz.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join