It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy....NO voting booth in November?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Maybe there ought to be an occupy movement to occupy your comfy chair AT HOME come November?

I more than (way above and beyond) appreciate Ron Paul's anti war stance. And not only that, but I know (especially after what happened to Rand Paul) he cannot wait to DISMANTLE this US domestic national security apparatus in where you and me are the terrorist enemies.

But do you Libertarians REALLY believe that, once you give tax and regulation freedom to the robber barons of commerce and industry, they will trickle down all kinds of goodness so that every American will have a job (in a pollution and hazard free environment) and want to give thousands of dollars to 'charities' who will take care of all the homeless, disabled, elderly, widows, orphans, and terminally ill? What kinds of jobs would those be, in this age of A.I., automation, etc as well?

ALL I WANT here, is truth, and to make sure I do the right thing. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Stop corporate bail-outs. Stop government subsidies, stop lobbyists.

It's not that hard to do once one is committed.

Then you ban members of boards of directors and the like from having governmental positions, advisory or otherwise.

Then the FED can be dismantled and things should already start looking one helluva lot better.

There is plenty of opportunity for honest paid employment but the corporations must be "strongly discouraged" from outsourcing their activities for profit motives. It's simple, no economists needed here.

I have no problem flipping burgers, making coffee or any other menial job, but not for 7 bucks an hour while the corp skims the cream profits off.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

All any of us really want is the truth, I don't feel that anyone in the government is giving us the truth. Except for Ron Paul, he has openly spoken about many of americas problems and has 100 percent always voted for the constitution. Staying home in November is what the Establishment government wants people to do... they do not want the citizens to be involved, it allows them the freedom of doing what ever they want.

Ron Pauls views on foreign policy is perfectly legit. Speak with any veteran out there, we shouldn't be in any country. We have the capablitites to wipe any and all countries off the map. This in its self will stop any sane country from attacking and the ones that will attack will do it under the cloak of someone else to force americas hand against enemys and rivals. We should pull everyone home, secure our borders and when we are attacked we should be 100 percent on who attacked us and our response should be swift and just.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
they want you to not vote... theres a lot of "dont vote it doesnt matter" going around..

but voting is all we have left... do it.. that way you can complain about the administration

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Dear Saucerwench,

Nice to see you again, Mr. Confusion here. Would you help me understand your thinking?

Do you want everyone to sit out the election, the people who support the Occupy movement, Ron Paul supporters, or just you? If the OWS types boycott the election wouldn't that take a lot of votes from the left and tend to give the election to the Republicans? If you want the Paul supporters to stay home, how would that help?

It sounds like you're opposed to "giv[ing] tax and regulation freedom to the robber barons of commerce and industry." OK, fair enough. Then do you want Obama re-elected? On the basis of how the economy has done during his first term?

I'm confused, please explain.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I do not want Obama re elected. My first responder made a lot of sense. So that, if we got a minimal-government Libertarian Constitutionalist in, what we need to do FIRST before anything, in order for a Paul Presidency to work for the people.........is to remove the influence-teeth from the robber barons of commerce and industry. And then.....shrink the government.

It would be good too, for the people which govern around Paul, Congressmen, Senators, to have sympathy, empathy, are not psychopaths. So that giant money would not sway their convictions for the greater good.

I can be convinced to go vote and not give up, sit home on my hands, if I know that there is a way to govern for all the citizens, while removing the influence-teeth, as I call it, from those same-old criminals who keep everyone poor and themselves, rich.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Saucerwench because: fix

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
personally, I'm waiting on the day when the votes and the electoral college are so far apart in results that it ought to make for interesting watching. it's come close a couple times, but I mean a BIG discrepancy - that might open a few eyes. I, for one, plan on voting. It may not count at all, but it's a start. You want change? Start locally, grow out. Run for city council, join local comittees. it's all sounds like cliched old hat, I know. But it's a start. I firmly believe if enough of us make our presence known, change WILL happen. Or the totalitarian backlash. Either exposes them for the b******* they are.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I do not get the whole "do not vote" mentality. It basically means that you just want to complain but you are too lazy to do anything about it. The common response is "voting does not matter" while one vote does not make a difference, sitting around and complaining has a significantly smaller impact on the change you want.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I keep coming across things that make me almost believe Ron Paul is a globalist controlled opposition. I have posted for people to merely google 'ron paul statements for globalism 2001' because it shows much, only to be rumbled under the dust by the herd. Then, this Thiel guy (financing him) is not only Bilderberg, but an important part of that.
It might be, that my choices are (Mitt) globalist Rick (globalist) Jeb (Skull And Bones globalist) (Obama) globalist, and (Paul?) (globalist?)
November is still a long way off, so I will decide close to the last minute, one way or another, if we all don't get cremated by all out world War III.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Saucerwench because: addendum

new topics

top topics

join