It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'Tank' Purchase Riles New Hampshire Town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Uuuuuh Can you say Police State? Obviously these guys are preparing for when SHTF and something eerily tells me that when it does its not going to be major cities but everywhere meaning a full blown war( trying to figure it out if the enemy is foreign or domestic meaning a civil war) I live in a town of nine hundred thousand people and for years it took to even get approval for a police helicopter. an armoured personal carrier is a little more extreme in my opinion but i think the enemy are going to be the people. Look how IMO im sure all the iraq/afghan war veterans are being targeted and a little note on their profile in the police computers out on every veteran is being put out next to their names saying they are dangerous and use extreme caution because they have post traumatic stress disorder and what not thus explaing the recent rash of police shooting and cowardly unjust killing veterans out of such petty fears in a situation where a taser would have done the job with no grim results. Reason being is that when SHTF the war veterans are going to aligne with people(because sooner or later they are going to find out they were used as pawns and left homeless such as most of vietnam war veterans) and with their training and knowledge of the military im sure in dire times they would become the resistance commanders and training millions of people to be just as effective soldiers as they were. now if i wanted maintain and assert control of the people in tough times that would make sense. sad to say it but the local police are becoming to look more and more like soldiers everyday.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
All this ruckus in the LIVE FREE OR DIE! state?

What gives?

Dear New Hampshire: Don't betray your libertarian roots further. Please get rid of the conservative crazies that run your government.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

And here is a kicker from the article that couldn't make it in the snippet

"Jim Massery, the government sales manager for Pittsfield, Mass.-based Lenco, dismissed critics who wonder why a town with almost no crime would need a $300,000 armored truck. "I don't think there's any place in the country where you can say, 'That isn't a likely terrorist target,'" Massery said. "How would you know? We don' t know what the terrorists are thinking. No one predicted that terrorists would take over airplanes on Sept. 11. If a group of terrorists decide to shoot up a shopping mall in a town like Keene, wouldn't you rather be prepared?""

Yes that is right everyone, the terrorists are going to come to quaint towns and start shooting up everyone. A chicken in every pot and a tank for every local podunk sherrif. This is the new America, where we are safe and free to do as the government tells us.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/16/2012 by FSBlueApocalypse because: (no reason given)

It will be used when the latest DHS description of terrorists rise up, you know.......the American citizens. That is what all of this about, its not about protecting the people, its about protecting the tyrants in power and their tyrannical, unconstitutional laws. Afterall "Big Sis" Napolitano has stated several times that the American people are the new terrorists.

This is nothing more than increasing their preparedness for their declaration of martial law, and when that happens the excessive force we have been seeing lately will be commonplace and much more drastic.

Add all of the increases in situations such as this together with all of the examples of excessive force plus the recent law allowing the use of arial surveillance drones and then tell me where the real war is brewing. Its right here in America and the enemy isn't a foreign army, its our own elected officials.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

He's an idiot.
Sure you couldn't predict that terrorists would hijack planes.. but if you would've asked first graders to make a list of the 50 most likely targets for those planes they would likely have had the whitehouse, pentagon, twin towers, empire state building, etc on there.

So the twin towers, and pentagon would have been easily predicted (and I'm talking first graders, CIA should definitely be on top of it). Also.. how does he think they will stop terrorists in a mall with an armored tank? Also.. why does he think terrorists are going to attack? Fear mongering much? I look forward to seeing under what circumstances they first use this thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you ever needed it spelled out for you that the war on terror was a ploy to militarize our police and make big money for the military industrial complex, it is right there in OPs article.

Since the Sept. 11 attacks, the war on terror has accelerated the trend toward militarization. Homeland Security hands out anti-terrorism grants to cities and towns, many specifically to buy military-grade equipment from companies like Lenco. In December, the Center for Investigative Reporting reported that Homeland Security grants totalled $34 billion, and went to such unlikely terrorism targets as Fargo, N.D.; Fon du Lac, Wisc.; and Canyon County, Idaho. The report noted that because of the grants, defense contractors that long served the Pentagon exclusively have increasingly turned looked to police departments, hoping to tap a "homeland security market" expected to reach $19 billion by 2014.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by satoriku

Actually, not to sound argumentative or anything, but a police department owning even a Light Tank would be way beyond the pale of reasoning. The APC is being purchased on the grounds of a terrorist attack, which, if it were plausible, would be justifiable. With a tank, however, there would just be no justifying it. Tanks are basically armoured mobile pillboxes with very big guns mounted on them. APCs just carry people from A to B.

EDIT: Also on top of all of that, a tank would cost around 10x as much as an APC.
edit on 17/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That is a bit frightening considering I lived in NH for awhile and I have never felt like it was an unsafe place to be... The last thing NH needs is a tank! They need to fix their darn roads!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

When you said tank, I thought TANK. But no, it just looks like an army Humvee.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join